The Trouble City Forums

Full Version: The Intouchables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Maybe, I am too much of a sap, but I rented this flick this past weekend knowing nothing about it and really liked it.  It was quite a charming flick I thought, and I walked away quite uplifted by it.  Nothing to write home about, but it's a feel good movie done right.  I didn't find it too manipulative, and the end really struck a chord.  Of course, I was bawling during the credits.

Some really outstanding acting by the cast, and I think deserves a little more attention than it has received.  Again, not a mind-blowing movie, but just pleasing.  I'd like to add it was often very funny.

Anyone else see this?  Like or dislike it?  Too disposable?

AI know better, but every time I see the cover I do a double take cuz the guy on the left looks so much like Edward Norton in old man makeup.
[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/152086/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

I also watched this without having read anything about it. Totally loved it. Both leads were fantastic and I thought it did an amazing job of being sweet and inspiring without feeling manipulative. It's been ages since a movie really made me smile the way this one did.

Of course, there's an American remake coming up by to be directed by the guy who did Patch Fucking Adams, so we all have that to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandhay View Post

I know better, but every time I see the cover I do a double take cuz the guy on the left looks so much like Edward Norton in old man makeup.

I actually think he looks like Dustin Hoffman, and frequently thought so during the movie.  Especially when he talks and laughs - they have the same mouth.  Really eerie.

A[quote name="wd40" url="/community/t/147070/the-intouchables#post_3479177"]

I actually think he looks like Dustin Hoffman, and frequently thought so during the movie.  Especially when he talks and laughs - they have the same mouth.  Really eerie.
[/quote]

Haha, I can see that. I'm glad to hear good things about this. Queued.
AI'm with you guys, very feelgood movie sans the bad kind of manipulativeness. I didn't 100% buy every development but the charm of the cast let it sail over any bumpy plot moments without much trouble. And yeah, the finale whacked me right in the tear ducts too. Was a lovely way to close out.

The movie is very heart warming and thoughtful. Even though I am not a drama-comedy fan. francois Cluzet and Omar Sy were spectacular to watch.