The Trouble City Forums

Full Version: Ideas For Future Drafts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ADidn't Jmurdoch have a Presidents draft on deck? That sounded pretty good.

A FISH CALLED WANDA:



Archie Leach


Wanda Gershwitz


Otto West


K K K K Ken Pile



Wendy Leach


George Thomason


Eileen Coady


Portia Leach



I'd suggest Archie, Wanda, Otto, and Ken being the main four roles to draft with the final role as being 'drafter's choice'.



Thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjen Rudd View Post

Didn't Jmurdoch have a Presidents draft on deck? That sounded pretty good.


It's a knockout, not a draft.  It's up and running now.

AI'd be more interested in an Escape From New York casting draft. A challenging one could be The Big Lebowski.

A Fish Called Wanda sounds good but if we're talking about 80s cult comedies I'd love to do Clue. I'm still up for the period casting draft though.

Any of these would be cool (would be definitely down for Clue, Fish Called Wanda, or SW) but a period casting draft could be badass.

I really like idea of a at halfway point best of this decade draft.

AYeah, now's the time on that.

Sign my ass up for that. Hunter's back on the hunt.

If we're gonna do a decade draft, I say that we do a re-do of the 70s.

Doing this decade would be so much more exciting because there's no established classics yet. It would be fascinating to see where we stand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
 

Doing this decade would be so much more exciting because there's no established classics yet. It would be fascinating to see where we stand.



I don't know.  I feel that most of the films of the past 5 years need to marinate in my memory banks for a while longer before I can commit any of them to 'classic' status.

Yeah, but that's the cool thing about it. You have to make yourself decide what new (-ish) films you consider essential and want to fight for. What you're betting on will stand test of time.

AI like the Best of This Decade (so far) as well.

I'd get in on a 70's or 80's redux too.

I'm up for the mid-decade draft.

AIf we're casting out votes like the 50s draft, add mine to the mid-decade.

I like the idea of mid decade draft, just because it offers hundreds of legitimate choices, with only a few obvious picks.

If all the decades have been covered then doing a mid decade draft would be cool.  When we did the 2000's things were knew and it was interesting.

ALet's make it official then. I'll make a sign up thread. Films released 2000 - 2015? Start two weeks from today?

I thought it was more 2010 to the present?  We did the 2000's already

I also thought it was 2010 - 2015 or so. But I'm good either way

AYeah 2010 to 2015.
AGoddamnit, that's what I meant. 2010.

My worry with a teens draft is that the timeframe is so recent and compressed that you run the risk of both getting a lot of chaff in there (I can see John Wick going first overall, which it's a good movie, but come on) and having it not end up that competitive, since there is no consensus as to what the top prizes actually are.  But if people are excited about it, I'll try to come up with a theme to keep it interesting for myself.

As a personal rule I don't consider films less than 20 years old eligible for All-Time Best lists. The value of a Teens draft would come in revisiting our choices ten years from now and seeing how they held up. Which is to say I'm open to one, but I'd sure like to do the 40s too.

Count me in on doing a 40s (or 30s) draft.  Another genre draft would be fun as well.  Animated?  Black and White?  Porn?  Comedy?

"Comedy" is awfully broad, I think.  That's what, at least a quarter of all films ever made?

We're still doing Keaton after Presidents, right?



I kind of want to do an MCU characters knockout soonish. Once the Civil War dust settles perhaps.

I had a fun idea for a draft but am not sure exactly how it would work. If any of you guys, Arjen, Judas, Schwartz... can let me know what you think, I would appreciate it.



The basic idea would be to draft your own Gang, or Crime Syndicate. We would have to draft characters from films as if we were creating a super team of criminals. Job titles include, getaway driver, safe-cracker, weapons man, explosives man, hacker... Something along those lines. We can draft characters from the classic film noirs, right through to today with the fast and furious style movies. I know the idea still needs some work, but I really think it could be fun.



Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Renault View Post
 

I had a fun idea for a draft but am not sure exactly how it would work. If any of you guys, Arjen, Judas, Schwartz... can let me know what you think, I would appreciate it.



The basic idea would be to draft your own Gang, or Crime Syndicate. We would have to draft characters from films as if we were creating a super team of criminals. Job titles include, getaway driver, safe-cracker, weapons man, explosives man, hacker... Something along those lines. We can draft characters from the classic film noirs, right through to today with the fast and furious style movies. I know the idea still needs some work, but I really think it could be fun.



Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.




I like that.

How could I forget to include you, Molt, purveyor and champion of classic action films and B movies. Any job titles I missed? If the draft sticks with 5 characters, I feel like those are enough. But if expand it to 10, I'd like to include "corrupt cop" "femme fatale" "the fence" "the mentor" and one more I can't seem to think of.

I'd like that too, as a resident B thread guy.



Still like a decade draft more though.

ARenault's idea sounds awesome still I'd like to do the mid decade draft (seems less likely now) or a casting one. MCU knockout sound good afterwards.

I'm 100% on board with Renault's idea.