The Trouble City Forums

Full Version: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Post-Release Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

So it opens here today, and the plot is out and reviews are running the gamut from "terrible" to "great". I'll hopefully be seeing it later today.

Here are some spoilers for those who wish it:

-Gwen dies after falling from a clocktower during the climactic Spidey/Goblin fight.

-Norman Osborne dies in the first act. He's here entirely to set Harry up as the Green Goblin.

-Peter quits in distress over Gwen's death, but is spurred on to return when Rhino starts rampaging through the city. Paul Giamatti appears in the opening, where Spidey catches him driving that truck of chemicals, and in the final scenes. The film ends on the Spidey/Rhino fight in the trailers.

-I was told that the film is either setting up Norman to still be alive and the mastermind of everything, or Peter's dad to still be alive and the mastermind of everything.

-Electro is "the Sandman of the film". There to give Spidey someone to fight while all the Harry stuff is being set up.

-Felicity Jones is indeed playing Felicia Hardy. She's an OsCorp employee who is in the know about all the weird animal experiments being done off the books.

-The word "symbiote" is used. Weeeee.

So there it is.

Cool....but did you actually like any of it?

EDIT: Oh I guess you yourself didn't see it.

Not yet. Hopefully seeing it today.

You might want to Spoiler Text your first post for the rest of us.

Why? The SOP for films released overseas before the U.S. is to ensure that the first line contains no spoilers so that folk scrolling over the link on the main page don't see anything. I've done that. If you're in the post-release, expect to be spoiled.

AYeah, but did the first post have to spoil the whole movie? Its not even a review or anything. Don't see the point of it?

Christ, are we really going to have this debate about post-release threads *again*?

Why are you guys in here reading this thread if the film doesn't come out for another two weeks and you don't want to be spoiled?

AIt's marked as a spoiler. If you don't want to be spoiled you should stop reading there.
AThat's cool. I just never seen a post released start with just slapping on a list of spoilers. I can see if it was a review. just seems a bit disingenuous is all. Anyway. Hope to get reviews and reactions this week.

Why anybody would enter a POST-Release thread without accepting the risk of spoilers is beyond me.

I've read a few spoilers I didn't want to cause I entered post-release threads.  That doesn't mean I expect other posters to kowtow to my preferences.  It's on me, cause I entered those threads.

With this one, I just don't really give a shit about the movie so spoil away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codename View Post

With this one, I just don't really give a shit about the movie so spoil away.

Essentially my thinking. There's a good number of people on the board who'd be interested in knowing what happens in the film before they plunk down cash to see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post

Essentially my thinking. There's a good number of people on the board who'd be interested in knowing what happens in the film before they plunk down cash to see it.

Hell, lets do this with every new release.  Why ever waste money actually watching a movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cccc View Post

Hell, lets do this with every new release.  Why ever waste money actually watching a movie.

If the spoilers bother you so much, why are you in the Post-Release thread?

Quote:

If the spoilers bother you so much, why are you in the Post-Release thread?

Looking for people that actually saw the movie and see what their opinions are?

There are reviews all over the web. I guarantee you can find one somewhere to fit your pre-formed opinion of how awesome this film is.

Quote:

Looking for people that actually saw the movie and see what their opinions are?

So read reviews.  Besides, spoilers are usually a given if people discuss a movie in these threads.  You take the risk of exposing yourself to those spoilers whenever you enter a Post-Release thread without having seen the movie first.  And even then, most of those points Merriweather listed are pretty much what people were guessing beforehand.

Quote:

Hell, lets do this with every new release writtern by Orci and Kurtzman.  Why ever waste money actually watching a horribly written movie.

Fixed.

Some more Orci/Kurtzman goodness:

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Still reading even though I'm a despicable monster, cccc?

-Spidey has MAGIC BLOOD that will cure Harry's genetic disorder, but Peter won't give his long-lost friend a sample because reasons. So, even though his blood would *cure his childhood pal of a disease that just killed his father*, this version of Spidey finds a way to be a dick about it. I can't wait to see how that's played.

Quote:

So read reviews.  Besides, spoilers are usually a given if people discuss a movie in these threads.  You take the risk of exposing yourself to those spoilers whenever you enter a Post-Release thread without having seen the movie first.  And even then, most of those points Merriweather listed are pretty much what people were guessing beforehand.

I guess you don't see the difference between actually discussing a movie rather then just plopping down spoilers just to spoil something you predetermined not to like.  Cool.

And you have such a hard-on for this franchise that anything approaching criticism of it causes you to pout and wring your cap in your hands like a 19th century street urchin looking for another crust of bread.

AComing into a POST release thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation full of spoilers. If people see the movie and want to express opinions about it without spoilers they usually post in the PRE release thread, or at least that's what I've been noticing.

What criticism?  Posting spoilers on a movie you haven't watched just because you predetermined to hate is criticism?

It's cool if nobody cares, but you do this as a first post in the Godzilla thread I'll punch you in the throat!

Please amend the first post to the following:

Quote:

So it opens here today, and the plot is out and reviews are running the gamut from "terrible" to "great". I'll hopefully be seeing it later today.

-Someone somethings after somethinging from a something during the climactic someone/someone something.

-Someone somethings in the first act. Someone's here entirely to set up someone as someone.

-Someone somethings in distress over someone's something, but is spurred on to something when someone starts somethinging through the something. Someone appears in the opening, where someone else catches him somethinging that something of something, and in the final scenes. The film ends on the someone/someone else something in the something.

-I was told that the film is either setting up someone to still be something and the something of everything, or someone's someone to still be something and the something of everything.

-Someone is "the someone of the film". There to give someone someone to something while all the someone stuff is being set up.

-Someone is indeed playing someone. Someone's a something someone who is in the know about all the weird something somethings being done off the something.

-The word "something" is used. Weeeee.

So there it is.

Quote:

What criticism?  Posting spoilers on a movie you haven't watched just because you predetermined to hate is criticism?

But none of the spoilers in the first post are even critical. They're just stuff that happens in the film. Why do you think I'm trying to hate on it?

The second one, sure, but again: MAGIC BLOOD.

Hell, I clicked on this thread because it looked like from the text of the latest post at the time that some bullshit back and forth was going on.  I scrolled back to the top to get up to speed and as soon as I saw this:

Quote:

I skipped the rest of that post.  I don't have an investment in this beyond my kids want to go see it so I will for them and want to go in as unspoiled as possible.

But this being a post release thread as long as that first line doesn't kill things in the preview on the New Posts thread then you are to blame if something got ruined for you by venturing in here.

Quote:

But none of the spoilers in the first post are even critical. They're just stuff that happens in the film. Why do you think I'm trying to hate on it?

The second one, sure, but again: MAGIC BLOOD.

Wait...midichlorians are responsible for Spidey's powers?  FFS.

A[quote name="cccc" url="/community/t/150557/the-amazing-spider-man-2-post-release-thread#post_3701288"]What criticism?  Posting spoilers on a movie you haven't watched just because you predetermined to hate is criticism? 

It's cool if nobody cares, but you do this as a first post in the Godzilla thread I'll punch you in the throat!
[/quote]

Or you could control yourself and not read the Godzilla thread.
ASorry.
Quote:

I guess you don't see the difference between actually discussing a movie rather then just plopping down spoilers just to spoil something you predetermined not to like.  Cool.

You're missing the point.  For the third time, this is a POST-RELEASE THREAD, meaning a thread where spoilers are allowed provided they don't show up in the preview sections which those did not.  Whether there are discussions about said spoilers or not is besides the point.  Expecting others to protect your sensibilities cause you can't stay out of here is presumptuous.

Quote:

Some more Orci/Kurtzman goodness:

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Still reading even though I'm a despicable monster, cccc?

-Spidey has MAGIC BLOOD that will cure Harry's genetic disorder, but Peter won't give his long-lost friend a sample because reasons. So, even though his blood would *cure his childhood pal of a disease that just killed his father*, this version of Spidey finds a way to be a dick about it. I can't wait to see how that's played.

I was actually willing to give this a shot before I read that.  Fucking seriously???  So they're making Peter even more of a dick than he was in the previous one AND ripping off fucking Star Trek Into Darkness THEIR OWN FUCKING MOVIE?!!!

Jesus, that's a new low for those fuckos.

Quote:

You're missing the point.  For the third time, this is a POST-RELEASE THREAD, meaning a thread where spoilers are allowed provided they don't show up in the preview sections which those did not.  Whether there are discussions about said spoilers or not is besides the point.  Expecting others to protect your sensibilities cause you can't stay out of here is presumptuous.

I was talking about common fucking courtesy is all.  I know it's a post release thread and obviously there are spoilers in the discussion of the movie.  This was just posting spoilers for the hell of it with zero discussion of the actual seen movie.   I didn't know that this was common for every first post of the post release threads.   Or common for movies we already convinced ourselves we will hate anyway.  Now I know, I'm cool with that.

God, if we could somehow monetize your passive-aggressive butthurt we could fund a second reboot of this franchise.

Quote:

By the way, if you want to do this then be my guest. If I want to know about the film ahead of seeing it I'll look, if not I'm pretty sure I can bring myself to not click on the post-release thread.

AThis argument always seems to pop up when a film gets a world wide release before it debuts in the states. Most none spoiler recommendations get chucked in the pre release threads anyway leaving the post release threads for spoiling things.

I say spoil away!

Any idea where Shailene Woodley's Mary Jane would have fit in all of this? Did the studio stop and go "Whoa whoa whoa, guys...that's one franchise building element too many! Let's show a little restraint, for Pete's sake!".

AI still have to wait two weeks to see this.

Is that a spoiler?