The Trouble City Forums

Full Version: Marvel's GHOST RIDER and HELSTROM on Hulu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Marvel universe is spreading like wildfire on Hulu! Marvel and Hulu announced today that they are expanding their partnership with two new live-action series that will invoke the Spirits of Vengeance: Marvel’s Ghost Rider and Marvel's Helstrom. Both are set to debut on the streaming platform in 2020.

The Helstrom siblings and Ghost Rider live in the same world in the comics so it is almost certain there will be crossover between the two series — and they may even appear in Runaways. Either way, it is clear that Hulu is embracing its inner occult.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/marvel-hulu...202604999/

UPDATE: Shortly after the announcement of Marvel and Hulu’s live-action Ghost Rider series, Deadline confirmed that Gabriel Luna would be reprising his role as the titular flaming skull antihero. Luna portrayed the character in ABC’s Marvel series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Luna teased his return on Twitter yesterday when he wrote: “Chains a’ rattlin'”. Early this morning he tweeted a skull and flames, continuing to leave us guessing whether or not he would be hopping on the motorcycle again for some demonic action. He officially confirmed his involvement in the new series on Twitter saying, “It’s an honor to ride again with @Marvel and our new partner @Hulu!”

[Image: 9MP4RO2.gif]
Holy shit that's great news! He was excellent on AoS. Two supernatural MCU series? Yes please!
Yeah I could certainly be really into this. Content wise I wonder of this will be closer to the Netflix shows.
I'm not interested in non Nicolas Cage related Ghost Rider content.
Missed opportunity not to have the Agents of SHIELD and their pal Ghost Rider show up in ENDGAME. I wanted to see Chloe Bennet as Quake tear shit up. Oh well.

It's not a spoiler to say that none of the tv/Netflix MCU characters show up in ENDGAME, is it?
Pretty damn happy with this. He was excellent in AoS, and that season is, for my money, the single greatest season of a superhero TV show ever aired. Just flawless. I figure Johnny and Danny will always be saved for movie versions down the track, but I'm more than fine with more Robbie adventures as long as the FX work was as good and regular as it was in AoS.
(05-01-2019, 06:15 PM)cd underbelly Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a spoiler to say that none of the tv/Netflix MCU chara

[quote='cd underbelly' pid='4608348' dateline='1556748910']
It's not a spoiler to say that none of the tv/Netflix MCU characters show up in ENDGAME, is it?

No. Absolutely not.

Though, I guess there's one very minor spoiler exception.
(05-01-2019, 08:27 PM)the nz natural Wrote: [ -> ]... He was excellent in AoS ... as long as the FX work was as good and regular as it was in AoS ...

What's "AoS?"
(05-01-2019, 08:51 PM)Overlord Wrote: [ -> ]What's "AoS?"

Agents Of SHIELD, which is where that GIF in the original post is from.
(05-01-2019, 09:19 PM)the nz natural Wrote: [ -> ]

Agents Of SHIELD ...

That's still on?
(05-01-2019, 09:24 PM)Overlord Wrote: [ -> ]That's still on?

No.  In fact, this conversation isn't even happening.  You're dreaming.
If Hellstrom is based on Warren Ellis's recently collected cult series, were in for one fucking twisted ride here.
The plot thickens...

"Variety has learned exclusively that Luna will star in the recently announced Hulu live-action series based on the comic book character. This will mark the second time that Luna has played Ghost Rider, previously appearing as the character in the ABC-Marvel series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in no way connected to the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. storyline."

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-r...203202305/

Damn. Thus far, every Marvel live action television series since AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. has been set in the MCU. While the movies haven't really acknowledged the TV side (with an exception or two), they also haven't contradicted them, and each of the shows has made sure to include references and connections to their big screen counterparts. It's an odd choice to bring back Gabriel Luna as the Robbie Reyes version of Ghost Rider just to reboot the character and it throws into question the continuity of the TV MCU.

I'm hoping Variety has misinterpreted some of the details and the sources just meant that the series will present the character to the uninitiated in a way that doesn't require them to have seen AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D., but also doesn't contradict what's already been established.
I hope there's some miscommunication there.  While I'm happy to see him back in the role, it makes very little sense to bring him back and start over.  None, in fact.
Marvel fans will know Gabriel Luna plays Robbie on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and EW has confirmed Luna will also star in Ghost Rider, which will also be executive produced by S.H.I.E.L.D. EPs Paul Zbyszewski and Jeph Loeb. According to Hulu, this isn’t a traditional spin-off of S.H.I.E.L.D. but will focus on the “same character with [a] new story that lives unto its own.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/01/hulu-ghost-...om-series/
Well that's fine - the last time we saw him he was Doctor Strange-ing a portal to somewhere creepy with the Darkhold.
(05-01-2019, 09:24 PM)Overlord Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2019, 09:19 PM)the nz natural Wrote: [ -> ]

Agents Of SHIELD ...

That's still on?

Season six is this year and they already greenlit season seven. It's good bro.
(05-01-2019, 04:49 PM)atomtastic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not interested in non Nicolas Cage related Ghost Rider content.

Kinda where I'm at. Cage is delightfully BONKERS in the first GR movie.
(05-02-2019, 08:43 AM)MichaelM Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2019, 04:49 PM)atomtastic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not interested in non Nicolas Cage related Ghost Rider content.

Kinda where I'm at. Cage is delightfully BONKERS in the first GR movie.

Nicolas Cage is busy with being Spider-Man Noir punching out Nazis thank you very much.

This and HELSTROM definitely have my interest.
Wait, are they officially doing something more with Cage's Spider-Man Noir? I'm on board if they are. Same with this series. Luna was good in the role on AoS, looking forward to seeing what else he can do with it.