The Trouble City Forums

Full Version: Chewer Star Wars Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need a little help from the fellow Chud faithful. I'm working on a video project that's taking a look at the history and hoopla of Star Wars and I've been collecting images and getting in touch with people about pictures and so on. There are two threads to the video: one that shows off the kind of good-natured (if sometime obsessive) fan relationship people have with the films that's based on nostalgia, and the other that deals with the more ugly culmination of things that's perfectly embodied by threads like the "Worst Star Wars Merchandise Thread" and the like.

I am looking for vintage pictures of people that somehow involve Star Wars. Opening presents at Christmas, dressed in Boba Fett Underoos, Halloween costumes, etc. I have been looking through my own family's old super 8 films as well for footage of Empire-themed birthday parties etc-as soon as I get that captured, I'll post a screen-grab.

So, if you've got some picture of yourself that's somehow related to Star Wars that you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd be appreciative. I'll be happy to give out any more details as necessary. Part of the video was actually inspired by a picture I saw someone post in the Chewer forum, so let's get a thread going.
No laughing....via 1978.
Check out the rug.

Those are awesome! They don't make rugs like that anymore, do they?
Midnight show, Attack of the Clones:
There's a picture somewhere in my mom's photo box of me and my little brother dueling with lightsabers from about 6 years ago, but I have no clue where exactly it is.
Quote:

Originally Posted by g-dude

There's a picture somewhere in my mom's photo box of me and my little brother dueling with lightsabers from about 6 years ago, but I have no clue where exactly it is.

Those are the best. All I could find were Empire Strikes Back Napkins and party invitations for my 6th birthday.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Dickson

Midnight show, Attack of the Clones:

I hope that when you go see the midnight show of Revenge of the Sith you'll take a picture with you doing that exact same pose.
Ok.
My house as a kid had red carpet too. I have some Christmas picks somewhere of me in yellow Star Wars pajamas wearing my Star Wars wristwatch, kneeling next to my Death Star Tower. Damn I wish I still had that stuff. Not the PJ's, but the rest of it.
Only vaguely related, but I am wearing my treasured (and very faded) Han and Chewie t-shirt.
Zaphod?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fett

Ok.

Wait...They have children in England? I thought you guys were spawned from the eyes of boiled potatoes or something.
These are all awesome. Someone from another board sent me pictures of himself in yellow Star Wars pajamas... and I had the same Han and Chewie shirt. Good times.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Whitehead

Only vaguely related, but I am wearing my treasured (and very faded) Han and Chewie t-shirt.

You look very surprised to have three aposable thumbs.
Quote:

Originally Posted by L7 Productions

You look very surprised to have three aposable thumbs.

That's no opposable thumb...
Gotta represent for the Empire.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrathington

Gotta represent for the Empire.

Damn! That's the winner so far. So much better than a movie-replica costume!
Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix_214

That's no opposable thumb...

...it's a space station.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Whitehead

...it's a space station.

*high fives*

I'm gonna see if I can get my mom to scan her old Halloween photo of me as Luke Skywalker. I had the face cut-out from the back of a cereal box for a mask. It was AWESOME!
Virgin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk Ape

Is there a picture of you crying afterward?

Actually, I don't know if it was the atmosphere or the crowd or what, but the place went nuts for the film, and in the immediate afterglow I was ready to put it up there with Empire. Then time and reason came into play and it's nestled firmly in the slot between Jedi and TPM.
Heh, enjoy

Lucasfilm recruited me early:

circa 1977
Quote:

Heh, enjoy

Your parents didn't love you.
Carl, that's a classic! I didn't know you were in Atlanta?

phoenix_214, that is a killer picture, but oh so creepy.

Thanks a ton, guys!
Quote:

Heh, enjoy

What the hell are you holding in your left hand?
to quote Chapelle's show
"That's no snake..."
What the HELL is that thing in the picture on the right?!
Quote:

Originally Posted by g-dude

What the HELL is that thing in the picture on the right?!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/ephantmon/
Quote:

Originally Posted by xbutterx

What the hell are you holding in your left hand?
to quote Chapelle's show
"That's no snake..."

It was part of this fanfic that I read in the internet....

no, I'm sure it was a toy lightsaber or some such. The mask was taken from the back of a cereal box, hence the easy bending around my widdle face. It's an old picture, and it took my mom about two hours to figure out how to attach it to an email to send to me. I wonder what happened to the girl who was in the picture with me... hmm....
Quote:

I
no, I'm sure it was a toy lightsaber or some such.

Isn't that what Michael Jackson's defense attorney calls it, too?
Sorry to bring this thread up after so long, but I wanted to let those of you know who sent in a picture that the video we made using those pics is now up on our site. Thanks a million times over to everyone who participated. The video is a document of the love/hate relationship I've had with Star Wars (more love than hate, but it ain't all roses) and all the vintage pics really set it off!

Here's the link, it's kinda big but if you have a fast connection, it looks pretty decent:
http://www.zeroplate.com/visual/empire.mov

Thanks again!
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroplate

Here's the link, it's kinda big but if you have a fast connection, it looks pretty decent:
http://www.zeroplate.com/visual/empire.mov

HA! That's great. I loved that you included Star Wars Kid footage. Oh, and that image of Jar Jar binks burning alive will haunt my dreams. Loved seeing the Chewer photos in there as well. Good job!
Great stuff. Extra props for working in the Atari music!
Pages: 1 2