The Trouble City Forums
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Post-release thread..... - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Specific Cinema (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Films in Release or On Video (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Post-release thread..... (/showthread.php?tid=144220)

- TzuDohNihm - 10-01-2013

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamera vs Rodan View Post

I'll make a thread some time.

no.  No.  NO.  NO. NO.

Seriously.  Stop.  The last person who was a vomitous bile stain all over these boards AND who manged to inspire or create their own never ending factory of niche threads really left some deep scars on the community as a whole.

For the love of God, please just fucking stop.

There are probably five different threads you could necromance to reignite discussion.  Please stop being such narcissistic cockmunch.

- merriweather - 10-01-2013

Quote:

Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm View Post

Please stop being such a Libertarian.

- sherman davies - 10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

I don't know if it's simply that I've heard it too much, but I don't care much for the Elfman score anymore. Maybe it's because I've heard too much Elfman.

This track, from TDKR, is fucking amazing. Play it LOUD, boys and girls.

Taken on its own that's a nice track, but I have the same problem with it that I have with a lot of contemporary scores - it's just so goddamn interchangeable. If I close my eyes and listen to it, nothing about it says "Batman" or even "superhero movie." I could've easily heard that piece in one of those two White House action flicks from this year and it would've fit right in.

- shaun h - 10-01-2013

- dr harford - 10-01-2013

The best Batman music remains the score from the Schumacher Batman movies by Elliot Goldenthal:

- shaun h - 10-01-2013

It's like cats being strangled while their nails are rubbing down a chalkboard.

- MichaelM - 10-01-2013

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun H View Post

It's like cats being strangled while their nails are rubbing down a chalkboard.

You're being overly kind. It's nowhere near that enjoyable.

- kaylaismagic - 10-01-2013

A[quote name="Dr Harford" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5070#post_3593077"]The best Batman music remains the score from the Schumacher Batman movies by Elliot Goldenthal:

[/quote]

Harford that was truly terrible! The Goldenthal's score works in the Schumacher films for how cartoonish it is. But applied to The Dark Knight it totally ruins the dramatic feeling to that scene it's just... An abomination. Also badly edited the music is far too loud it drowns out everything else.

Is the problem the clip? Normally I use this one:

I can't actually test these with the sound at work but I've thought this one showed off the score quite well.

- Nooj - 10-01-2013

Ahahaha

- MrSaxon - 10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Harford View Post

The best Batman music remains the score from the Schumacher Batman movies by Elliot Goldenthal:

Good God. I'm sure this music works fine in its own movie (I don't ever feel the need to revisit the Schumacher Batmans, so I won't ever be able to verify this) but, by placing it against this particular sequence, the creator of the video has done it a big disservice. It doesn't work at all against these scenes, and sounds awful in isolation from the movie it was created for. I only made it through thirty seconds before slamming the pause button as hard as I could.

Long live Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard!

- MichaelM - 10-01-2013

Do we need any further proof that Harford is dee-ranged?

ASorry Harford. Zimmer>Goldenthal. Proof is this trailer to Batman and Robin, without the dialogue (a plus!) and it actually looks thrilling and exciting! Unlike the actual movie.

[VIDEO]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5QKlJtitejc[\VIDEO]

A[quote name="Dr Harford" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5050#post_3593077"]The best Batman music remains the score from the Schumacher Batman movies by Elliot Goldenthal:

[/quote]

Finally watched that with the sound on and it is awful! Watch the other clip I posted instead. This clip is shite!

A[quote name="MrSaxon" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5050#post_3593109"]
Good God. I'm sure this music works fine in its own movie (I don't ever feel the need to revisit the Schumacher Batmans, so I won't ever be able to verify this) but, by placing it against this particular sequence, the creator of the video has done it a big disservice. It doesn't work at all against these scenes, and sounds awful in isolation from the movie it was created for. I only made it through thirty seconds before slamming the pause button as hard as I could.

Long live Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard!
[/quote]

Sorry about that Saxon, it was a terrible clip I blind posted from work. Watch the second, shorter clip I posted instead. That should help show what I mean about the music more effectively.

- MrSaxon - 10-01-2013

Quote:

Sorry about that Saxon, it was a terrible clip I blind posted from work. Watch the second, shorter clip I posted instead. That should help show what I mean about the music more effectively.

I watched it and it was definitely an improvement. Whilst I can see where you're coming from, I still much prefer the original music for that particular scene.

ARespect. The Dark Knight score is great and custom crafted for that film I just think the Goldenthal score is excellent Batman music.

- MichaelM - 10-01-2013

Quote:

Respect. The Dark Knight score is great and custom crafted for that film I just think the Goldenthal score is excellent for crushing the skulls of kittens.

AHEY! STAY OUT OF MY SHED!

[VIDEO]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cH-yA8U2XgI[\VIDEO]

- gamera vs rodan - 10-02-2013

Quote:

Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm View Post

no.  No.  NO.  NO. NO.

Seriously.  Stop.  The last person who was a vomitous bile stain all over these boards AND who manged to inspire or create their own never ending factory of niche threads really left some deep scars on the community as a whole.

For the love of God, please just fucking stop.

There are probably five different threads you could necromance to reignite discussion.  Please stop being such narcissistic cockmunch.

You're an idiot. Go fuck yourself.

- chaz - 10-02-2013

And you have a Mark Twain like wit.

- untitled - 10-02-2013

GvsR, why don't you just start a blog where you can talk about things? Every thread gets so hostile.

- freeman - 10-02-2013

Quote:

You're an idiot. Go fuck yourself.

This is bordering on bannable behavior dude.

- bitches leave - 10-02-2013

AThe boards are no longer moderated so I'm afraid he can spew his vile bullshit as he sees fit. Has anyone found out what the other forum he used to frequent was? would love to see what it took for him to get banned over there.

- MrSaxon - 10-02-2013

Perhaps we should all play a game called "Let's Stop Poking GvR And Keep This Thread On-Topic".

Anyone want to be the first to play?

- MichaelM - 10-02-2013

Oooh! Oooh! I'll try!

Weird anomaly that popped in my head the other day:

On the same day that Bruce is kicked out of his board meeting, has his car towed, and is planning on confronting Bane - he also makes a side trip to Selina Kyle's apartment and banters with her. ("I'm sorry that they took all your money." "No, you're not.")

Banters.

Now, at first, I loved the scene. Unexpected humor, done well, and it demonstrates genuine chemistry between the characters. But the more I've thought about it, the weirder the tone shift is; Bruce goes from appearing almost nonchalant (and quippy and flirty) about his situation to actively seeking out a suicidal fight with Bane. (He also boinks Talia after seeing Selina - Bruce, you dog!)

I think the film keeps you from thinking about it, but when you do, it stands out. (Sort of like the VERY strange editorial choice of having Bruce wake up and call out for Alfred IMMEDIATELY after the tearful, wrenching conversation that results in Alfred's leaving. In all three theatrical viewings, that juxtaposition elicited laughs, which I do not think was Nolan's goal.)

- gamera vs rodan - 10-02-2013

LOL, my comment is bannable? Guy went on a tirade at me, a long-winded personal attack. What I did was letting him off easy.

- freeman - 10-02-2013

No, what you've done is antagonize everybody on this board who will have you.  I'm done humoring you shithead.

- aurora vampiris - 10-02-2013

ATo be fair GvR was called a "cockmunch" and he responded with "fuck off." Meh.

- MrSaxon - 10-02-2013

- MichaelM - 10-02-2013

Makes you long for the days when we were arguing about whether Harvey Dent was really dead, doesn't it?

- aurora vampiris - 10-02-2013

A[quote name="MrSaxon" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5100#post_3593638"]

[/quote]

Haha, that stick figure head is so... squishy.

- TzuDohNihm - 10-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

This is bordering on bannable behavior dude.

While I appreciate the sentiment of keeping the boards civilized I don't think his response was intelligent enough to ban him.  Oh, wait, is that what you meant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamera vs Rodan View Post

LOL, my comment is bannable? Guy went on a tirade at me, a long-winded personal attack. What I did was letting him off easy.

Letting me off easy?  Heh...

I've tried in several other areas of the boards to be nice and indirectly point out that posters who barge in like you did often have to run a gauntlet to vet your ability to contribute meaningfully.  You are failing on every account because you have very little basis in reality to any of your arguments besides your own personal, limited and close-minded viewpoints on everything.  You have shitty taste in movies, readily admit that you only see them as "turn your brain off" entertainment and anything above this is a detriment to any film in question.  This is the wrong forum for you if you treat film as such.  Call us cinema snobs but we resemble that allegation.

I want you to succeed here man because we need more viewpoints but yours are ones that many of us can get on our FB feeds from the masses and CHUD is not a film forum for the masses.  Step it up or just stop.  But absolutely stop making new threads about shit we have covered ad nauseam around here.  Use the search function and find the thread that meets the criteria of what you want to discuss.  Read through it, thoughtfully ingest the opinions of those that came before you and take a few minutes to decide if you can add more to the discussion.  "Saw it!  Liked/Hated it!" posts do very little to move the discussion along or open people's eyes to different avenues of thought.

Your adherence to source material and your insistence that A is the same as B therefore A, being the progenitor and therefore necessarily the better and B could not have in any way whatsoever improved upon A because being "First!" is always best is some lame ass intarwebz noob comment troll bullshit.

- Nooj - 10-02-2013

A[quote name="MichaelM" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5100#post_3593619"]

(Sort of like the VERY strange editorial choice of having Bruce wake up and call out for Alfred IMMEDIATELY after the tearful, wrenching conversation that results in Alfred's leaving. In all three theatrical viewings, that juxtaposition elicited laughs, which I do not think was Nolan's goal.)
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA. Yessss. So funny.

- bradito - 10-02-2013

AI've had extremely bad days where there have been moments of levity. I think Selina just brings out something in Bruce that no one else does. He quips, "So that's what that feels like," in costume after she pulls a disappearing act; there's the "No, you're not" comment; and he even smirks when he says, "I was a little let down," after she led him into a trap and nearly got him killed by Bane.

He totes has a crush on her.