The Trouble City Forums
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Post-release thread..... - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Specific Cinema (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Films in Release or On Video (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Post-release thread..... (/showthread.php?tid=144220)

- MichaelM - 08-17-2015

Now is not the time for fear. That comes later!

- d.t. - 08-17-2015

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

If I deleted this thread, CHUD would collapse into a blackhole and we'd be deposited into a Xibalba-like underworld where nooj's avatar is a god-beast with forty-eight curdled milk spewing teats, forcing us to watch M:I-2 on an infinite loop.

That deep, eldritch fear is the only thing keeping me from doing it.

Make me a mod. You can tell them I took if from you. I'll do what you shoulda did ten minutes ago.

- mr. stockslivevan - 08-18-2015

A[quote name="JacknifeJohnny" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5450#post_3931121"]If I deleted this thread, CHUD would collapse into a blackhole and we'd be deposited into a Xibalba-like underworld where nooj's avatar is a god-beast with forty-eight curdled milk spewing teats, forcing us to watch M:I-2 on an infinite loop.

That deep, eldritch fear is the only thing keeping me from doing it.[/quote]

Go ahead, I'm ready for the lunacy that is DOUGRAY.

- Felix - 08-18-2015

"I THINK I BROKE HIS BLOODY JAW!"

AYou can't even quote it right!

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3P0SMpqK-8[/VIDEO]

- Nooj - 08-18-2015

WELL DONE STAMP

WELL DONE

- fraid uh noman - 08-18-2015

AAll goofy inconsistencies and missed opportunities aside, I still legitimately, greatly enjoy this movie (TDKR I mean). It's probably the worst movie that I like this much but oh well..

A[quote name="Fraid uh noman" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5500#post_3931208"]All goofy inconsistencies and missed opportunities aside, I still legitimately, greatly enjoy this movie. It's probably the worst movie that I like this much but oh well..[/quote]

YOU FINALLY CONFESS YOUR LOVE FOR M:I-2!!! WASH YOURSELF WITH IT!

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYCxuRXQDJg[/VIDEO]

A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5500#post_3931207"]

[/quote]

Oh god. That's wonderful.

AWhat hath I wrought..

- Codename - 08-18-2015

Talk about TDKR in every single thread.  Except for the actual TDKR thread which is about MI:2.

I love this place.

A[quote name="Codename" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5490#post_3931229"]Talk about TDKR in every single thread.  Except for the actual TDKR thread which is about MI:2.

I love this place.  
[/quote]
Hey haha I WAS talking about TDKR in that post! But I have a feeling Stocks will never let me live it down that it APPEARED that I outted myself as a closet M:I 2 fan..

ABe strong Fraid!

AI hate M:I 2 as much as I love TDKR!

*sticks fingers in ears*
LALALALALALALALA!

- mike's pants - 08-18-2015

AWe truly have plunged our hands into the filth...

- Paul C - 08-18-2015

I watched 30 mins of M:I 2 the other day immediately after finally watching 4, and oh god LOL. I remember thinking it was lame back in the day, but watching it now in the context of an otherwise fairly straight-laced techy spy series, it's like the whole creative team took peyote and this was their unhinged fever dream.

First they try to catch us off guard by having Tom hilariously camp it up as eeeevil fake Ethan Hunt. But then the 'real' Ethan appears and he's, if anything, even *less* like the nebulously defined character we've come to not-really-know and not-really-love! Suddenly everything's shot in soft-focus candlelight with spanish guitar and dreamy dissolves like a Shannon Tweed made for tv erotic thriller, and you're basically just watching Cruise himself wandering around in smugness overdrive, high on his own megastardom, stalking women with a sinister grin frozen on his face.

It was a hoot! Can't wait to see the rest.

As for TDKR, I finally tried watching it some months back but the lady fell asleep halfway through and I was like "eh, lets just finish it tomorrow", but then couldn't be bothered. One day, one day...

AThe best description of M:I-2 for me is that it's basically Alfred Hitchcock's NOTORIOUS if it chugged a gallon of Mountain Dew. It can't be taken seriously on any level, and anyone trying to are just missing the point. It's more closer to the absurdity of THE TRANSPORTER films where Jason Statham outruns a flying airplane... ON FOOT.

Just soak it in.

- MrSaxon - 08-18-2015

Even Dougray Scott would probably think that the amount of Dougray Scott in this thread is excessive. 

- Nooj - 08-18-2015

NONSENSE

- carnotaur3 - 08-18-2015

THIS great THREAD... it will endure.

- Nooj - 08-18-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post

First they try to catch us off guard by having Tom hilariously camp it up as eeeevil fake Ethan Hunt. But then the 'real' Ethan appears and he's, if anything, even *less* like the nebulously defined character we've come to not-really-know and not-really-love! Suddenly everything's shot in soft-focus candlelight with spanish guitar and dreamy dissolves like a Shannon Tweed made for tv erotic thriller, and you're basically just watching Cruise himself wandering around in smugness overdrive, high on his own megastardom, stalking women with a sinister grin frozen on his face.

You just don't understaaaaaand!  Tom was cooped up with Kubrick playing a repressed loser for 2 years!  HE HAD TO LET LOOSE!!!

LET LOOSE HAAAAAARD!!!

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY ATTEMPT TO CONTAIN MEGASTARDOM!!!

- MichaelM - 08-18-2015

This thread is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by storming the MCU thread, and freeing the oppressed! Step forward those who would serve. For an army will be raised.

- darkmite8 - 08-18-2015

A[quote name="JacknifeJohnny" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5400_50#post_3930646"]
I recently started dyeing my hair (streaks of gray at 33 is unacceptable) and I don't do facial hair, so I'll just be old and still talking about it - but not wrinkled, because cosmetic surgery *will* happen in 10-15 years.[/quote]

Well, dont go overboard...

You can only stretch, nip, and tuck so many times, for so long, before your nose falls off and you begin diddling kindergartners.

- carnotaur3 - 08-18-2015

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

This thread is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by storming the MCU thread, and freeing the oppressed! Step forward those who would serve. For an army will be raised.

This is JackknifeJohnny's prison now, he would not have you hear this.  Here, get up into this rope, Michael, for you back!

A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5500#post_3931359"]You just don't understaaaaaand!  Tom was cooped up with Kubrick playing a repressed loser for 2 years!  HE HAD TO LET LOOSE!!!

LET LOOSE HAAAAAARD!!!

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY ATTEMPT TO CONTAIN MEGASTARDOM!!!
[/quote]

Don't forget MAGNOLIA. I know I would want to let loose after going through that.

- Nooj - 08-18-2015

Oh, for sure!

MAGNOLIA to flex his thespian muscles... MI2 to flex his actual muscles, while also re-energizing his superstar career.

It was a pretty smart move for that specific moment.

- chaz - 08-19-2015

Speaking of Tom Cruise, I will always be disappointed that his Lestat never got to be in movie adaptions of The Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned.

- jmacq1 - 08-19-2015

A[quote name="Chaz" url="/community/t/144220/the-dark-knight-rises-post-release-thread/5520#post_3931742"] Speaking of Tom Cruise, I will always be disappointed that his Lestat never got to be in movie adaptions of The Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned.
[/quote]
Why did that never happen? I recall Interview With A Vampire being a pretty solid hit when it came out. I assume some behind the scenes toomfoolery scuttled it.

- MrSaxon - 08-19-2015

Probably Anne Rice. She hated Tom Cruise as Lestat, right?

- Codename - 08-19-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

Probably Anne Rice. She hated Tom Cruise as Lestat, right?

She hated his casting initially.  But apologised to him after seeing how great his performance actually was.

Apparently the director did start work on an adaptation of The Vampire Lestat but it went nowhere.  Which I understand since the structure of that novel must be a bitch to adapt.

- MrSaxon - 08-19-2015

It's a shame he wasn't the zombie Lestat. Zombies are, like, all the rage nowadays.

- Felix - 08-19-2015

Nobody but me saw Queen of the Dammed right?

- Codename - 08-19-2015

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix View Post

Nobody but me saw Queen of the Dammed right?

Oh we saw it.  But just like nu-metal, we don't talk about it ever.

- jmacq1 - 08-19-2015

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codename View Post

Oh we saw it.  But just like nu-metal, we don't talk about it ever.

This.

- mr. stockslivevan - 08-19-2015

AJust looking on wiki, the filmmakers actually considered having Cruise reprise the role, but simply decided to go with someone else. Nothing more on that. I'm guessing it had to do with not wanting to pay Tom Cruise a high salary, as QUEEN OF THE DAMNED only had half the budget that INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE had.