The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 06-25-2020

They gave me Mutt Williams but they DIDN'T give me a Nazi in the Monkey King with a steampunk metal Gun arm.

WTF even is your taste Spielberg?!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Reasor - 06-25-2020

(06-25-2020, 03:33 AM)freeman Wrote: And the Mutt swinging like Tarzan moment stands out like a ...

Jesus Christ.

Mutt swinging like Tarzan.  I forgot that happened.

See?  Worse than the fridge.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-25-2020

I can hum the Rose theme!

She actually gets a full on theme from Williams

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 06-25-2020

Post it baby! Lets judge this auditory work!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-25-2020

only if you post your video essays finally

how shameful it would be if shan's KNiVES OUT post beats you to the punch!

It'll NEVER happen!! Do you hear me?!

you're never gonna upload your video essay?

I'm going to upload it, and then write Shan's negative absurd review post about Knives Out FROM Shan's perspective, AND THEN counter point that post.

cool beans

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - simbob - 06-25-2020

Now we're bringing it back to Hot Rod.

cool beans

Brooklyn Nine Nine is a great show.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 06-26-2020

Fine, I’ll do it myself....

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 06-26-2020

It's a good theme.  The concert arrangement, which combines it with Luke's "island isolation" theme, is also quite nice.

But its best statement is the big one during the case on Canto Bight, because it's the one time in the score that Williams really cuts loose and lets the theme fly.  From 1:27 here...

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-26-2020

it reminds me a lot of Anakin's theme from PHANTOM MENACE

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 06-26-2020

That rising first phrase is similar, for sure.

I prefer Anakin's theme. More versatile.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 06-26-2020

I will say as much as I might lament the lack of a new "Imperial March" this big sexy hooky thing much of the actual music is just wonderful. Luke facing down Kylo and the First Order is so fucking perfect.

The music.  Mark.  Adam.  The cinematography...  Chef's kiss. 

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-26-2020

(06-26-2020, 02:30 AM)freeman Wrote:  much of the actual music is just wonderful. Luke facing down Kylo and the First Order is so fucking perfect.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 06-26-2020

Still pretty great! The music as Kylo realizes he's been BAMBOOZLED!

Everyone learned a great lesson in this movie... Except you kid! DOH!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - simbob - 06-26-2020

Fun with Finn and Rose

[Image: 1rORXo.gif]

Oh I get it, it's ironic.

Can't say it's really all that memorable. But it is reminding me of a song I can't quite put my finger on.

Nooj already said what it sounds like.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 06-26-2020

(06-26-2020, 01:35 AM)Belloq87 Wrote: It's a good theme.  The concert arrangement, which combines it with Luke's "island isolation" theme, is also quite nice.

But its best statement is the big one during the case on Canto Bight, because it's the one time in the score that Williams really cuts loose and lets the theme fly.  From 1:27 here...

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 09-17-2020

David Koepp pretty much reiterating to Den of Geek what he's said before:

Quote:"I tried a couple different versions with Steven and they all had some good stuff about them and they all had some stuff that didn’t work, which happens,” he says. “But it was just very hard to have everybody come together and have all the elements — Steven, Harrison (Ford), the script and Disney — come together at once. And it didn’t.”

And that, he says, is the reason why he decided it was time for him to exit.

“When James Mangold came in and Steven stepped out, that was a pretty logical breaking point,” Koepp says. “It’s a gracious time to step out the door because I think the last thing a new director wants is the old director’s writer. I mean, that’s a drag. The last thing you need is some guy sitting around with his arms folded saying, ‘Well, the way Steven would have done it is…’ I had one nice friendly conversation with him and then I’m sure he wanted to be able to move on anyway. Everybody was pretty polite, I thought.”

I would be very interested to know what kind of role Disney played in that confluence of factors that did not come together.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 09-17-2020

(09-17-2020, 08:05 AM)fatherdude Wrote: I would be very interested to know what kind of role Disney played in that confluence of factors that did not come together.

I highly doubt it was a positive one.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 09-17-2020

I look forward to similarly mealy-mouthed comments from Spielberg about how it came to pass that he demoted himself to producer of the movie. I guess the WEST SIDE STORY junket will be the next chance the press has to ask him about INDY, though who knows when that movie is coming out. I know they have yet to move its December 18th release date, but what are the odds that really holds?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 09-17-2020

Recast with Starr or Pratt and get some fresh blood in here.

Spielberg's made exactly one film I've really enjoyed since 2005 and War Horse was nine years ago.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Neil Spurn - 09-17-2020

Tin Tin and Bridge of Spies were both quite good.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - call me roy - 09-17-2020

Pratt cannot do it. Hes a fat kid that got fit. He is not rogueish or dashing or intense in any way. Olyphant 10 years ago or he'll, Gosling now. Gyllenhaal or Pine as well would work too.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 09-17-2020

Ingruber!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 09-17-2020

Count me in for Antony Starr.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 09-17-2020

Bradley Cooper.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 09-17-2020

Antony Starr is just the upgraded Bradley Cooper. Probably cheaper too.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 09-17-2020

Ray Fisher!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - farsight - 09-17-2020

(09-17-2020, 03:36 PM)bradito Wrote: Ray Fisher!

"That Spielberg guy was like a Nazi on the set!!! A>E!!!"

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Misfit - 09-17-2020

We can discuss re-casting when Harrison Ford is no longer with us and not a minute before.

Don't even think about it, 2020.