The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - simbob - 11-20-2020

Warrior is like a fantastically made chick flick for guys. I don't mean that as a nagative either, the movie is great.

I'd put it above both The Fighter and Creed. It's easily better than Creed, which doesn't really get started until the middle of the movie when Rocky is sick. Creed's flipping of the underdog story by being about a rich kid that has everything doesn't do anything for me, it's like the premise of a parody, only Creed asks use to take it seriously; it's a choice I find utterly bizarre and baffling as played in Creed.

The Fighter may have a bit more going on with it's characters, but Warrior is the more fun watch.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 11-20-2020

(11-20-2020, 12:51 PM)MichaelM Wrote: It's kind of like Edgerton and Hardy in WARRIOR. Hardy's ACTING and gets all the attention but Edgerton is the one who comes across as a complete, real human being in the movie. Without Edgerton's grounded character, the movie fails.

How dare you imply Warrior could EVER fail. Bless that movie...

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 11-21-2020

Boxing movies, a genre I wish would die.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 11-21-2020

What about "Robot Jox," tho? That's like a boxing movie with robuts.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 11-21-2020

(11-21-2020, 12:28 AM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: Boxing movies, a genre I wish would die.

Why do you hate America, stocks? Why do you want the terrorists to win?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 11-21-2020

Only Rocky matters.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 11-21-2020

Creed > All previous Rocky movies

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 11-21-2020

[Image: tumblr_onr7g50v651s2wio8o1_540.gif]
CREED is the best ROCKY sequel, certainly.  But the first is a very special movie.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 11-21-2020

(11-21-2020, 12:49 AM)MichaelM Wrote: Creed > All previous Rocky movies

Dumb opinions for 500.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - simbob - 11-21-2020

Warrior isn't a boxing movie.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 11-21-2020

I mean, there's boxing in MMA. It's the backbone of any serious striker.

It's people beating up each other for sport. It's the same fucking thing.

(11-21-2020, 02:36 AM)Belloq87 Wrote: CREED is the best ROCKY sequel, certainly.  But the first is a very special movie.

I did post that partially just to be provocative. I'd be OK willing to concede the first Rocky movie is the best of the whole bunch, though it's not my personal favorite.

CREED is definitely the best of the rest, though. By a long country mile.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - cd underbelly - 11-21-2020

(11-21-2020, 12:29 AM)bradito Wrote: What about "Robot Jox," tho? That's like a boxing movie with robuts.

Real Steel did it better. Robot Jox was more walking tank deathmatch, while Real Steel was Rock em' Sock 'em come to life.

I haven't seen any of the ROCKY films since the first CREED came out. In fact, I haven't even seen CREED II (not out of lack of interest, I just wasn't prioritizing movie viewing at that time for personal reasons).

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 11-21-2020

ROCKY
CREED
ROCKY II
ROCKY BALBOA
ROCKY III
CREED II
ROCKY IV
ROCKY V

I really like all but V.

This is the ROCKY thread, right?

Funny thing, I was writing down a list too for my previous post but then I realized what thread I was in and scrapped it.

But now you've opened the can of worms Belloq!!!

ROCKY
CREED
ROCKY III
ROCKY BALBOA
ROCKY II
ROCKY IV
ROCKY V

I used to dislike V, but not so much anymore. It's got its heart in the right place, but it definitely fumbles so much from start to finish that it's really too bad because it could have made a really lovely final installment. Best moments are when Rocky reminisces about Mickey, and the street fight at the end. Oh, and George Washington Duke is an awesome antagonist.

To bring it back to Indy... I honestly think the best case scenario for an INDY V is if it turns out to be the ROCKY BALBOA of the franchise.

I don't hate V as much as I used to, but I still think the way it contrives to bring Rocky "back to the streets" is deeply silly.

(11-21-2020, 04:55 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: I don't hate V as much as I used to, but I still think the way it contrives to bring Rocky "back to the streets" is deeply silly.

It's easily the worst part of the film.

"YO I GOT MY HAT BACK ON"

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 11-21-2020

What would thinking of Stallone directing Indy V?

Indiana Jones and the Slashed Millennium Films Budget?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - hammerhead - 11-21-2020

Indiana Jones and Satan's Alley?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 11-21-2020

Indiana Jones and the Untitled Edgar Allan Poe Sylvester Stallone Project

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 11-21-2020

You fools.

Indiana Cobra.

That doesn’t follow the naming conventions, Jamie.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 11-21-2020

Search your feelings... You know it to be true.

No no etc

Unless...

Indiana Jones & the Stop or My Mom Will Shoot!

There we go.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - hammerhead - 11-21-2020

Indiana Jones and Oscar

NEVER HAPPEN

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 11-21-2020

Indiana.

Indiana Skywalker.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 11-21-2020

Indiana Jones and Cash.

Indiana Jones & the Lords of Flatbush.

Call me when it's time to reboot this series. I may even consider directing.

(11-21-2020, 07:56 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Indiana Jones and Cash.

We have a winner.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 12-08-2020

It'll be a great story, we assume.

Quote:“Yeah, we are working on the script,” says Marshall. “There will only be one Indiana Jones and that’s Harrison Ford. What I’m excited about with Jim is a great story. I think you see that in his movies like Ford Vs Ferrari. It’s all about characters and telling a good story. So I’m excited to see what he comes up with. I haven’t seen (the script) yet so I don’t know what to tell you.”

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/indiana-jones-5-producer-promises-harrison-ford-is-the-only-indy/?amp