The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 02-17-2021

"Tag me in, coach!"

Quote:"As far as Indiana Jones, if called, I would serve [laughs]," Rhys-Davies said. "I would love to have another go at Raiders of the Lost Ark. I think the character [Sallah] has a certain significance. I'm pretty sure they must know how powerful it could be to have Indy and Sallah reunite. It would be poignant and very well regarded by the audience. It's a unique and probably last opportunity to do it. There are times in your life you do know the time is ticking."

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/bad-cupid-john-rhys-davies-on-playing-a-god-revisiting-franchises/

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bluelouboyle - 02-27-2021

https://twitter.com/mang0ld/status/1365725995404120065?s=20

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 02-27-2021

Pay him whatever he wants.

Although, seeing how the Disney Marketing Machine handled the STAR WARS posters, it's extremely likely we're just going to get photoshopped collages.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 02-27-2021

Disney is hardly the only machine that defaults to photoshopped collages

I mean, that’s what Darabont’s forward ranted about in the Struzan book years back

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 02-27-2021

Without Spielberg (who'd have the clout to say "I want a drawn/painted theatrical poster"), it's likely no studio would go that route, sure.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - arjen rudd - 02-27-2021

Struzan is funny on Twitter. That’s nice!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 02-27-2021

I don't need him funny, I need him selling me an affordable MOB CITY print.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - simbob - 02-27-2021

Looks like you might have to print that poster out yourself.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 02-27-2021

(02-27-2021, 05:34 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: Without Spielberg (who'd have the clout to say "I want a drawn/painted theatrical poster"), it's likely no studio would go that route, sure.

I feel like even Spielberg couldn’t pull that off now 

Ready Player One was a movie that seemed like it demanded that kind of nostalgic approach, but it didn’t really even try going for that

(02-27-2021, 06:38 PM)Nooj Wrote: I feel like even Spielberg couldn’t pull that off now 

Ready Player One was a movie that seemed like it demanded that kind of nostalgic approach, but it didn’t really even try going for that

A Struzan-esque poster was made for RPO...
[Image: N4498_600x.jpg?v=1556035412]

oh damn, I forgot about that

who did it?

Paul Shipper, I think?

Not 100% sure.

for some reason I completely forgot that poster and just thought of the one with the super long leg and the poster with Cyclops’ face

well, I was wrong about Spielberg’s power!

Too bad mangold doesn’t have that kind of pull

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - simbob - 02-27-2021

Fox and IMAX did have this poster made for Logan.

[Image: 91WgnhSHyzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 02-27-2021

(02-27-2021, 06:53 PM)Nooj Wrote: well, I was wrong about Spielberg’s power!

Never forget his power.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mola ram - 02-28-2021

(02-27-2021, 07:26 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 06:53 PM)Nooj Wrote: well, I was wrong about Spielberg’s power!

Never forget his power.
[Image: 9530e034-bd47-421a-b634-b0f9a9cb23aa_text_hi.gif]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 03-08-2021

Screen Daily got a comment out of Phedon Papamichael (Mangold's DP) at the end of an interview about The Trial of the Chicago 7:

Quote:How is the new Indiana Jones film going with James Mangold?

It’s interesting. The US studios are trying to test the [Covid] models in London like they did for Mission: Impossible 7 and Jurassic World: Dominion. They’re seeing what kind of safety restrictions work. Can we operate with a large crew and a large budget? On big stages? They’re testing them in Europe, whether it’s Prague, Budapest, London or Berlin.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 03-08-2021

hahahahahaha

never

ever

happens

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 03-08-2021

He uses so many words to say, "I dunno."

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 03-08-2021

it's interesting

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 03-08-2021

On big stages?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - kyle reese 2 - 03-08-2021

"Alright Kyle Reese 2, we're ready for your new product presentation. What do you have to show us, the board of directors?"

*unveils blank poaster board*
"It's interesting. We're keeping an eye on what people are doing in Europe, seeing how that works out."
*flips poster board over to reveal map of Europe on other side*

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 03-08-2021

There are many major film productions underway around the world (several of them undertaken by Disney). I don't know what "studies" they think they need to see at this point.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - SAIRUS - 03-08-2021

The new film should just be Harrison Ford in Indy gear just sitting in a chair, maybe he grades some papers. It ends with him laughing at you while credits play.

On big stages?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - first class 782 - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 10:13 PM)SAIRUS Wrote: The new film should just be Harrison Ford in Indy gear just sitting in a chair, maybe he grades some papers. It ends with him laughing at you while credits play.

Better than KotCS.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - SAIRUS - 03-09-2021

(03-08-2021, 10:24 PM)bradito Wrote: On big stages?

(03-08-2021, 11:56 PM)first class 782 Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 10:13 PM)SAIRUS Wrote: The new film should just be Harrison Ford in Indy gear just sitting in a chair, maybe he grades some papers. It ends with him laughing at you while credits play.

Better than KotCS.

Sure a big stage that way we can have matte paintings extend it.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 03-09-2021

While the Raiders March plays.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Misfit - 03-09-2021

Like anybody wouldn’t pay $20 for Harrison Ford to laugh at them.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 03-09-2021

Fucking hell, Antony Starr and Chris Pratt are going to age out of being available replacements at this rate.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 09:04 PM)Overlord Wrote: Fucking hell, Antony Starr and Chris Pratt are going to age out of being available replacements at this rate.
Don't get my hopes up like that.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 03-09-2021

I just hope they reprise the 1991 McDonald's promotional deal when the movie comes out. 

And yes, I'm implying it should still be VHS tapes.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 03-09-2021

I remember McDonalds did that for THE ADDAMS FAMILY and WAYNE’S WORLD, which was how my folks got me the VHS copies.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 03-09-2021

They did a similar promo for BACK TO THE FUTURE, as well.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - colonelcaine - 03-10-2021

That promotion is how I wound up with all four of those movies mentioned above when I was a kid.