The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Richard Dickson - 03-22-2021

Sans COVID, I'm pretty sure we'd at least be getting some kind of Fathom Events screening.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - SAIRUS - 03-23-2021

(03-16-2021, 07:42 AM)MichaelM Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 06:12 AM)cd underbelly Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 03:24 AM)itsnotatumor Wrote: words

more words

Oh, you think tenure is your ally. But you merely adopted the CHUD; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see Trouble City until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but HABIT!

Only after you downloaded the CHUD iPhone app, then you have my permission to die.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - itsnotatumor - 03-25-2021

(03-17-2021, 05:44 PM)mola ram Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 10:34 PM)itsnotatumor Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 10:15 PM)Belloq87 Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 09:35 PM)fatherdude Wrote: Nobody seems to be concerned about the bolded phrase in the press release:

Quote:Each film has been meticulously remastered from 4K scans of the original negatives with extensive visual effects work done to ensure the most pristine and highest quality image. All picture work was approved by director Steven Spielberg.

I'm hoping that was just a bad way of phrasing that they used the latest and greatest tools in accurately reproducing the look of the films as released.

Wasn't the shot of the Nazi jeep going over the cliff in the desert chase completely redone for the TV broadcast version not too long ago?

The original shot remains untouched on the Blu-ray.

I'm going to wait until I see it. One scene that always bothered me was the tank chase sequence in The Last Crusade, the effect of the tank falling off the cliff looked really cartoonish and took me out of the moment. I still appreciate that about it though, but like I said...when I see if they changed anything - and I could tell just by looking at it more or less exactly what was changed - I'll comment on it. Either way I absolutely do want 4k remastered versions of these films.

You know what change I wouldn't mind in Raiders? Get rid of the shots with the "Nepalese" goon during the shoot-out in Marion's bar (obviously aside from the bit where he gets set on fire and shot).

It looks absolutely godawful and a small mar on what I consider to be a near perfect film. Like I get you're following a script and they needed a stuntman to perform the stunt, but you didn't need to put said person in a bizarre combination of brownface and yellowface. They could have just had the stuntguy play a Nazi goon, but regardless it looks noticeably bad

He does kind of stand out, I guess it didn't bother me so much as it remains a good sight gag. Probably an easy fan project.

Okay so Indy 5 here's my elevator pitch: It's the late 60's/early 1970's, heavy gothic themes, something like Rosemary's Baby meets Frankenstein but still very much a James Bond movie in disguise. It's got bad guys more or less like our classic favorite Indiana Jones villains, but they're like Old God cultists and it's the quest for Excalibur. Like it's Indiana Jones with werewolves, zombies and wraiths and shit. Mutt Jones could be actually set up for success as a continuation after if it's done right and he's a proper sidekick for Indiana Jones similar to how Sean Connery fit into The Last Crusade but kind of a role reversal. Like it's a perfect blend of Game of Thrones and Indiana Jones. That's my idea of a good Indy 5.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 03-25-2021

My Indy 5 pitch:

Set it immediately post WW2 and make it a soft two-parter. Recast with Antony Starr, who is age-appropriate for a 1946ish Indiana Jones.

Have him looking for the Amber Room and battling Nazis on the run, communist agents, and when he eventually finds the Room he discovers that it, in fact, contains clues to an even greater treasure (that's why everyone else was so interested in it). Have it end with him losing the room, but having solved its mystery, thus setting up the next film.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 03-25-2021

No more Nazis. Twice was enough, let’s look for other bad guys.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 03-25-2021

(03-22-2021, 09:32 AM)fatherdude Wrote: As a friend of mine would put it: "They did that shit." I think movie shame like that has more use being left in and cringed at than simply disappeared, but it's also easy for me to say that.

Speaking of rewatching RAIDERS, I am surprised no big screen re-release has been announced. Maybe they figure the box set is enough of a 40th anniversary celebration? I seem to recall when CRYSTAL SKULL came out there were widespread screenings of the trilogy. Would be cool if something like that would happen again when we get closer to INDY 5, by which point theaters are hopefully back in full force.

They did re-release it in (I think) 2011 when it got remastered; I saw it in IMAX for that and it was amazing.  The best part?  A dad brought his son who was maybe 13 or so years old to it.  They sat behind me.  The kid had never seen it and holy shit did he think that this was the coolest movie ever.  The look on his face when it ended was pretty priceless.

I checked: it was in September of 2012 when they did that.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 03-25-2021

(03-25-2021, 06:14 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: No more Nazis. Twice was enough, let’s look for other bad guys.

To each their own.

I, personally, will never get tired of watching Nazis get wrecked.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Richard Dickson - 03-25-2021

You could do Nazis again in the late '60s/early '70s. Have Indy run into a bunch of Nazis in hiding down in South America. He's on some normal expedition down there when BOOM. He runs across them building a V-4 or trying to use voodoo to resurrect Hitler or whatever. Maybe his sidekick turns out to be a Nazi hunter and the whole expedition was a setup to find these guys.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 03-25-2021

INDIANA JONES AND THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 03-25-2021

INDIANA JONES AND THE ILLINOIS NAZIS

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - hammerhead - 03-25-2021

Make it line up with Young Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Blues and you got a deal.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bluelouboyle - 03-26-2021

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9358027/Harrison-Ford-78-dons-lycra-sports-gear-epic-bike-ride-Mexico.html

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 03-26-2021

Hate to give tabloid sites any traffic, but it's what we're left to resort to when the official personnel are updating us with "It's interesting."

Also, isn't that like a 1000 mile bike ride? I guess Ford is taking his part seriously. Here's hoping the screenwriters, credited and uncredited, did the same.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 03-26-2021

Maybe they're stealthily making the movie right now. The outfit is actually a mocap suit. They'll add the jacket and hat in post.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Dent6084 - 04-09-2021

We have our first new cast member: Phoebe Waller-Bridge. From one Solo to another!

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1380551518332522500

Article confirms John Williams' return as well.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-09-2021

Age appropriate!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 04-09-2021

Great to see confirmation of Williams returning.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-09-2021

I’m laughing hysterically at the incels online crying about Indiana Jones potentially being woke’d by her inclusion.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 04-09-2021

Let's be honest, here, stocks. How many other classic Indy flicks had a girl stinkin' up the joint?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 04-09-2021

INDYYYYYYYYYY

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 04-09-2021

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-09-2021

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mola ram - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 12:55 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: I’m laughing hysterically at the incels online crying about Indiana Jones potentially being woke’d by her inclusion.

Would have been better if the female lead was a POC in that case.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 04-09-2021

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 04-09-2021

Willie is the best

She gets her hands the dirtiest despite being the one who hates it the most

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 04-09-2021

Hey, casting news! Maybe this is a real movie.

The speculation that Waller-Bridge is playing Indy's daughter will be inevitable, but is it any less inevitable than Waller-Bridge playing Indy's daughter?

It’ll probably end up being belloq’s granddaughter

this is what the saga has always been about

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - hammerhead - 04-09-2021

I still think Belloq should have been a character, or at least lurking along the margins, in TOD.

(04-09-2021, 01:10 PM)Nooj Wrote: It’ll probably end up being belloq’s granddaughter

this is what the saga has always been about

Hahahahahahaha

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-09-2021

Oh man, she should be his daughter with Willie.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 01:11 PM)hammerhead Wrote: I still think Belloq should have been a character, or at least lurking along the margins, in TOD.

This was in fact in one of the early concepts.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 04-09-2021

It would've been funny if every film opened with a side-story where Indy goes through hell to retrieve some precious artifact and then Belloq shows up to swipe it.

INDIANA JONES and The Last Marble Rye

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - kyle reese 2 - 04-09-2021

This is what the cinematographer guy meant when he said "We're looking into how it's going in England."!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 04-09-2021

"The hope is to begin production this summer."

Hope? Is it not scheduled as such?