The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 04-13-2021

That's strange because Braveheart gives the impression of actually having been written..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - kyle reese 2 - 04-13-2021

Check out 10,000 BC if you want to see the dingus from The Expanse be the lamest caveman ever.

(Don't really, it's bad)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 04-13-2021

10,000 BC is one of the few movies that even I walked out of way before it was over..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - simbob - 04-13-2021

How is that not Bruce Willis?! It amazes me every time I see it..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 04-13-2021

Hahahah it really does look like Bruce from die hard 3 after his arm gets scraped

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Alt-molt - 04-13-2021

That's almost as wild as when McClane shows up in the intergalactic Senate in THE PHANTOM MENACE.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-13-2021

Looks like Adam Baldwin.

(04-13-2021, 09:28 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: That's almost as wild as when McClane shows up in the intergalactic Senate in THE PHANTOM MENACE.

Now I gotta know. I googled it but found nothing..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-13-2021

What other non-Indiana Jones movies do people like more than the fourth Indiana Jones movie?

Probably most movies.

I feel this strange urge to rewatch Crystal Skull right now so I'm definitely the target audience for a fifth one. I hope it gets made but I'm becoming one of the non-believers..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - arjen rudd - 04-13-2021

The nice thing about Crystal Skull existing is that now, it doesn’t matter at all if they fuck this new one up.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-13-2021

I still maintain that the fourth movie is a shared hallucination we all experienced, and it doesn't *actually* exist.

The only part where I feel like I'm hallucinating for real (in a bad way) is the monkey scene. I'd knock the rating up a whole star if Spielberg would release a "Changed my medication" cut with that scene excised.

Crystal Skull is the LAST movie that I ever thought I'd stop hating..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 04-13-2021

That explains the alien skeletons that became one alien who melted a ladies head...

For a PG-13 movie, the violence was like TV-Y7.

That's one of the worst things about Crystal Skull. The edge from the three (much) better films, especially the first two, is COMPLETELY gone..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 04-13-2021

The fact that Indy never fires a gun at anyone the entire film, and only very indirectly kills people, says it all.

Mangold... let Indy kill people this time.

Mangold really seems right for this. In theory..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - headless fett - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 11:07 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: The fact that Indy never fires a gun at anyone the entire film, and only very indirectly kills people, says it all.

Mangold... let Indy kill Neo Nazis this time.

Yes please!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 10:55 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: That's one of the worst things about Crystal Skull. The edge from the three (much) better films, especially the first two, is COMPLETELY gone..

I thought the worst part was Indy acted nothing like Indy but instead acted like a senile old asshole who constantly tried to help the Russians every chance he had.

There's a scene where Mutt looks at everyone like "WTF is happening here" before he flips a table and they try to escape.  I threw my hands up and went THANK YOU! and Shia should never make you feel that way.

One of my favorite elements of the Darabont script is Indy is actually acting like himself and trying to stop the overwhelming amount of bad guys from winning.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 04-14-2021

(04-13-2021, 11:37 PM)freeman Wrote: There's a scene where Mutt looks at everyone like "WTF is happening here" before he flips a table and they try to escape.  I threw my hands up and went THANK YOU! and Shia should never make you feel that way.

I hate Indy in that sequence so much. As they're running away, he actually tries to talk Mutt into going back to the Soviets!

"You know, we'd actually be better off with those commies who want a mind control weapon instead of trying to escape!"

Paraphrasing, of course.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 04-14-2021

(04-13-2021, 11:37 PM)freeman Wrote:   I threw my hands up and went THANK YOU! and Shia should never make you feel that way.

hahahahaha

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-14-2021

Indy's a soyboy in the fourth one.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - kyle reese 2 - 04-14-2021

(04-13-2021, 09:45 PM)bradito Wrote: What other non-Indiana Jones movies do people like more than the fourth Indiana Jones movie?

Billy Zane's THE PHANTOM.

You just have to ignore the purple pajamas (and a lot of other stuff) to make the comparison work.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 04-14-2021

KOTCS is better than any of the three TOMB RAIDER films. So there.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-14-2021

I've been thinking about "The Shadow" lately, probably because I bought an old issue of "Starlog" with The Shadow on the cover.

That should've at least gotten one sequel.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 12:38 AM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: Billy Zane's THE PHANTOM.

You just have to ignore the purple pajamas (and a lot of other stuff) to make the comparison work.

I think THE PHANTOM is a ton of fun.

"The Phantom" should've also gotten one sequel.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 01:09 AM)Judas Booth Wrote: KOTCS is better than any of the three TOMB RAIDER films.  So there.

I’d say the Alicia Vikander flick was much better than KOTCS.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - arjen rudd - 04-14-2021

In the sense that it's not a huge disappointment, just a regular old mediocrity, maybe.

KOTCS is probably over-hated, as it pertains to its narrative foibles and technical missteps. But the profound let down of it all made it feel much worse than your run of the mill adventure flick. Who cares if The Mummy Returns isn't an all timer? It was never going to be.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 04-14-2021

I would argue it's exactly as hated as it should be BECAUSE of technical missteps and narrative foibles, especially since we know there was a functional script telling for all intents and purposes the same story ready to go.

It wasn't just that they missed the mark on Indy 4.  It's that they fucking had the mark set and good to go, and George Lucas said "it needs to make less sense and we need Mutt."

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - arjen rudd - 04-14-2021

If it wasn't carrying the mantle of an Indiana Jones film, with Spielberg, Ford and Lucas involved, and was an identical movie starring, I don't know, Sawyer from Lost or something, everyone would be in here saying they wish it had gotten a sequel, and well, at least its heart was in the right place, or whatever. And they wouldn't even be wrong.

KOTCS deserves to be held to a higher standard, because of what it is. But it's about on par with any random Jurassic Park sequel, and those don't inspire searing rancor in anyone. They just kinda sucked.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 04-14-2021

Nah. You wanna roll with the big dogs, you gotta live up to the standards. Even if you set the standard.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 03:12 AM)arjen rudd Wrote: If it wasn't carrying the mantle of an Indiana Jones film, with Spielberg, Ford and Lucas involved, and was an identical movie starring, I don't know, Sawyer from Lost or something, everyone would be in here saying they wish it had gotten a sequel, and well, at least its heart was in the right place, or whatever. And they wouldn't even be wrong.

KOTCS deserves to be held to a higher standard, because of what it is. But it's about on par with any random Jurassic Park sequel, and those don't inspire searing rancor in anyone. They just kinda sucked.

I really don't think so. If Indy in that movie was matthew mcconaughey I would still think he was fucking lame and wonder why he kept helping the bad guys. BUT I do get your point. There's quite a few things about Skull that I enjoy a lot just... In the context of themselves, if that makes sense. If I was forced to make a list of things complimenting what I like about that movie and ignoring what I don't, I'd probably come up with 100 bullet points of "I like that thing."