The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 04-14-2021

Actually, it's the fact that it's Ford as Indy again that HELPS me like it more. Yeah....it should've been way better and gone for straight up action goodness rather than the odd Sky Captain/CA The First Avenger pulp magazine cover visuals painting over watered down Indy but....it's still Ford playing Indy. For me, that helped it. I can see how that would add to the letdown for some though. I'm just glad I don't hate it thoroughly anymore. Some of it is really fun even if most of it doesn't work like it should (IMO). It has a couple of pretty striking moments. I need to stress...striking MOMENTS. Because....as much as I've softened on it...I still don't think there's one entire sequence that totally works in the entire film. The closest we get to that is the ship taking off at the end which is actually a pretty amazing visual. I love how it blinks out of this plane of reality rather than flying off into the sky and then all the water flooding back in to fill the space it occupied..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Dent6084 - 04-15-2021

Next cast member: Mads Mikkelsen.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1382733234820194304

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-15-2021

Mac's vengeful brother??

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 04-15-2021

Well....that's fucking awesome. Now this has to happen. I'll live if it doesn't but my anticipation for it just doubled..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-15-2021

He'd be one of the few actors -- apart from Harrison Ford, Wlliam Hootkins and Julian Glover -- to be in at least one Star Wars movie and an Indiana Jones movie.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 04-15-2021

It seems like there should be more than that but...I really can't think of anyone else..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 04-15-2021

Well, if they had to recast Mutt Williams, at least they traded up.

fraid uh noman Wrote:It seems like there should be more than that but...I really can't think of anyone else..

I think there may be some overlap in on-screen stuntmen playing tertiary thugs...but yeah, that's the best I got.

Yeah...I was thinking about people like Nick Gillard and Pat Roach but that'd be splitting hairs.

Also people who've been in an Indy and a Bond movie. There's a shit ton of those..

Hootkins is in the first Star Wars, the first Indy and the first Batman.

What a run.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-15-2021

I think I figured out why KOTCS was cursed: it’s the only Indy movie not to feature an actor that was in a Bond film.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 04-15-2021

Maybe it did but we just couldn't tell because all that tasteful blooming blotted their faces out. Pierce Brosnan might have been in every scene of the movie.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Dent6084 - 04-15-2021

(04-15-2021, 01:56 PM)bradito Wrote: Hootkins is in the first Star Wars, the first Indy and the first Batman.

What a run.

And Flash Gordon! Truly, a legend.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 04-15-2021

Mikkelsen getting cast in this is exciting. He's never not good.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-15-2021

He has to be a cult leader.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 04-15-2021

Mikkelsen in something vaguely approaching Christopher Lee's role in THE WICKER MAN would be awesome.

That's the first thing I thought of about his casting. That he's going to be some kind of Anton LeVay by way of Manson cult freak and that if Last Crusade was made to be more Raiders like that this one might be sort of Temple of Doom-ish..

Maybe James Mangold just really likes Another Round and he's going to be Indy's fellow professor and drinking buddy.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mola ram - 04-15-2021

(04-15-2021, 02:54 PM)Dent6084 Wrote: Maybe James Mangold just really likes Another Round and he's going to be Indy's fellow professor and drinking buddy.

Another Short Round?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - first class 782 - 04-15-2021

Now I'm genuinely interested. Hopefully they don't waste him, as Dr. Strange basically did.

Doctor Strange didn't utilize him the best it could have but it's a good movie and think how much better it is with him giving some actual presence to what would've been 100% a vapor roll. This will probably be at least meatier than that. It's funny how casting one person all of a sudden made this something I'm actively looking forward to.

Mads' agent must be a bad motherfucker. Think about all the iconic franchises and rolls he strolls into..

Yeah, having a huge body of film work in his native county probably has nothing to do with it. No, it's the guy who gets 10% of Mads' pay in return for doing very little that's making all this happen!

Like his agent doesn't have anything to do with his body of work in Denmark either lol? I always remember that story where Daniel Craig asks him "who did you fuck?" because of the ease at how he went from an actor mostly known for Danish films to being the villain in one of the best 007 movies. So...his career is kind of uniquely awesome and successful where a lot of people who have similar bodies of work in their native countries aren't.

Also, saying something like "his agent must be a bad motherfucker" maybe is just my way of saying "wow, he's in lots of great stuff, consistently."

Managers are the ones who get you the gigs. Agents handle contract negotiations but are otherwise useless.

(04-15-2021, 06:13 PM)bradito Wrote: Managers are the ones who get you the gigs. Agents handle contract negotiations but are otherwise useless.

Brad! I'm not in the movie business! Managers...agents....for all I knew that was just different titles for the same person. Actors have managers AND agents. Duly noted. At least I know now though, and I'll get it right if I ever say anything like that again but...still.. Are you having a bad day? Not snark. What's eating you, man? You really seem crankier than usual..

No, I just really enjoy explaining this stuff sarcastically.

(04-15-2021, 06:29 PM)bradito Wrote: No, I just really enjoy explaining this stuff sarcastically.

Ok. That's fair enough. I mean...we all enjoy your sarcasm but I was getting a different vibe this time. Glad it wasn't the right one and all's well..

I'm taking about Cake Boss in another thread.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 04-15-2021

who manages and represents cakeboss?

(04-15-2021, 06:33 PM)bradito Wrote: I'm taking about Cake Boss in another thread.

I'll just Google cake boss because I don't know what that is. Sounds like a reality show..

(04-15-2021, 06:36 PM)Nooj Wrote: who manages and represents cakeboss?

Top. Men.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 04-15-2021

Wow. I have not even thought about Cake Boss since that time a few years ago where I briefly dated someone who liked to binge it on the couch to wind down in the evenings.

That... that was how I got into the show.

Y'all dated and never even knew it. Awkward..

Commo dumped me and married some bald guy then moved to the Florida panhandle??

Debunked. He's too smart to move to Florida..