The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 04-15-2021

It was a relationship so secret, even I forgot it.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 04-15-2021

Don't act like you've never had one of those..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 04-15-2021

I don't know, I've forgotten!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-15-2021

Much like how Willie is completely forgotten in Raiders.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 04-15-2021

she was his greatest adventure!!!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 04-15-2021

I hope they just full on make that Indiana Jones and The Monkey King crazy script.

I want to see a Nazi with a mechanical hand that turns into a flamethrower, damn it.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-15-2021

ZS should make a freeman biopic.

Starring Cake Boss.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 04-15-2021

I thought you had me on ignore!

I have failed...

I laughed so hard at my "Choose Your Fighter" post last night, I almost passed out.

12/10

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 04-15-2021

so heartwarming!

That's enough out of you!

Nooj would you like to see Indiana Jones vs the haunted Scottish Castle?

I'm up for whatever!

Space.

eh not that

Is there any rumors on what the next McGuffin is?

Magic bludd.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-15-2021

The McGuffin is Jar Jar

Indy: “Jar Jar is the key to all of this”

The Maguffin is the Death Star plans.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-15-2021

The McGuffin is working around the clock.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 04-16-2021

I hope the McGuffin is the Cake Boss, and they jump out of a giant cake with a Tommy gun...

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 04-16-2021

(04-15-2021, 07:12 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: I don't know, I've forgotten!

I was a child, I was in love!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 04-16-2021

You knew what you were doing.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-16-2021

Man, not even Jon Taffer could rescue that fuckin' bar.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mola ram - 04-16-2021

(04-16-2021, 12:07 AM)Judas Booth Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 07:12 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: I don't know, I've forgotten!

I was a child, I was in love!

I feel like I'm the only person who has never had an issue with this exchange.

It's pretty clear in the film that whatever Indy did to her is framed as a bad thing. First thing Marion does is sock him in the face! That shit also ruined his relationship with Abner Ravenwood.

Part of the reason why I like Raiders is because of how much of a scumbag Indy is.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 04-16-2021

I don't think people had issue with that exchange in the movie. At least not in my experience.

I think it was more the transcript of Lucas, Spielberg, and Kasdan discussing that story point that weirded people out a bit

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-16-2021

Leaving out info like a 25 year old Indy sleeping with a 12 year old Marion was probably for the best.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 04-16-2021

It was a different time!!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 04-16-2021

(04-16-2021, 02:55 AM)Nooj Wrote: I don't think people had issue with that exchange in the movie. At least not in my experience.

I think it was more the transcript of Lucas, Spielberg, and Kasdan discussing that story point that weirded people out a bit
Yup. The film as it stands leaves out just enough to make its point without tripping into overtly gross territory the way the discussions behind it apparently did.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - hammerhead - 04-16-2021

I've always felt that the info we got in Raiders left enough room for a relatively innocent explanation. Imagine a scenario where Indy is the ambitious student of Abner; Marion is a kid with a crush, and Indy convinces her to steal an important artifact from Abner because he thinks he knows better and wants it for an important side quest. But that leaves Abner in a really bad spot-- consequences, lessons learned, trust destroyed, and years later the Ravenwoods are still stuck in Nepal.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 04-16-2021

Daily reminder this will never happ--

*Handed paper*

Well then, everything appears in order. I'll show myself out.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 04-16-2021

(04-16-2021, 12:43 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: Daily reminder this will never happ--

*Handed paper*

*throws filmnerdjamie out of a window*

... "No ticket."

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 04-16-2021

(04-16-2021, 04:42 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 12:43 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: Daily reminder this will never happ--

*Handed paper*

*throws filmnerdjamie out of a window*

... "No ticket."

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Richard Dickson - 04-16-2021

(04-13-2021, 06:52 PM)simbob Wrote: 2012 is the best most Emmerich movie I've seen.

FTFY

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 04-16-2021

Richard is correct.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 04-16-2021

Roland Emmerich should direct an Indy movie.

Starring MichaelM.