The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - engineer - 04-28-2021

In a fistfight in a Military plane over the eastern seaboard, Indy inadvertently releases a one megaton bomb off the coast of Amity Island.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 04-28-2021

My memory of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was it being not unlike Amazing Stories.

ABC committed to so many episodes sight unseen with a big price tag. Then the show premiered, nobody cared and they were left fitting the bill and axed the series the second they got a chance.

Seeing the VHS promo in front of the Indy films reassured why I never bothered watching.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 04-28-2021

I think that promo sells it as a suitably pulpy, fun-looking show!

Which, unfortunately, does not match my memories of the episodes I saw as a kid.

I would genuinely like to revisit the whole series in remastered form, though; the scale and ambition of the production looks significant.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 04-28-2021

(04-28-2021, 02:36 AM)hammerhead Wrote: But yes, the main mission statement of "Young Indy" was to deliver lightweight history lessons.

"Lightweight?"

They were usually the definition of ham fisted and clumsily intrusive.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 04-28-2021

Amazing Stories is waaay better than Young Indiana Jones..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - engineer - 04-28-2021

Very agreed

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 04-28-2021

(04-28-2021, 03:19 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Amazing Stories is waaay better than Young Indiana Jones..

And the 80s TWILIGHT ZONE was waaay better than AMAZING STORIES.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 04-28-2021

I haven't seen nearly enough of that to be able to judge. May not have ever seen an episode of it. If it's that good, maybe I should. I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of the 60s TZ..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 04-28-2021

But where does FREDDY'S NIGHTMARES fit in.

The trash..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 04-28-2021

(04-28-2021, 04:10 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: I haven't seen nearly enough of that to be able to judge. May not have ever seen an episode of it. If it's that good, maybe I should. I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of the 60s TZ..

You're in for a treat.  Many episodes of that 80s revival of THE TWILIGHT ZONE were fantastic and worthy additions to the classic series.  I'd particularly cite 'Need to Know' (with William Peterson and Frances McDormand) as being an excellent episode to watch.  Great ending to it.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-28-2021

(04-28-2021, 01:19 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: My memory of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was it being not unlike Amazing Stories.

ABC committed to so many episodes sight unseen with a big price tag. Then the show premiered, nobody cared and they were left fitting the bill and axed the series the second they got a chance.

Seeing the VHS promo in front of the Indy films reassured why I never bothered watching.

“Indy faces off his most ruthless foes yet: Hollywood studio execs“

Ha! Lucas would place them on the same level as Nazis. “I hate these guys”

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 04-28-2021

Amazing Stories could never live up to its awesome opening credits.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 04-28-2021

One of John Williams' great one-off cues.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-28-2021

That looks so cheesy.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 04-28-2021

Unlike THE RAY BRADBURY THEATER, of course:

I actually have both of the original two seasons of AMAZING STORIES on DVD.
I had traded season one away at some point, and when I missed it I got the guy to trade it back to me.

Haven't seen the new season that just aired on Apple TV Plus.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - farsight - 04-28-2021

I didn't watch the whole promo, but I liked that it seemed to completely ignore Baby Indy.

You'd have thought that Lucas would've learned that nobody wants to see a super-cool character as an annoying little kid.... but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-29-2021

Yeah, it wasn’t until the DVD release in 2008 that 8 year old Indy ever got any video release I think.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 04-29-2021

(04-28-2021, 07:45 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: That looks so cheesy.

You're crazy. You seem like EXACTLY the person that would like Amazing Stories. If you've never seen it you should really give it a shot. Any show that comes close to feeling like a mini 80s Spielberg movie is pretty rad.

If you have and don't like it well, then carry on. But I don't know that I've ever known anyone who didn't remember it fondly..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - arjen rudd - 04-29-2021

(04-29-2021, 05:36 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 07:45 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: That looks so cheesy.

You're crazy. You seem like EXACTLY the person that would like Amazing Stories. If you've never seen it you should really give it a shot. Any show that comes close to feeling like a mini 80s Spielberg movie is pretty rad.

If you have and don't like it well, then carry on. But I don't know that I've ever known anyone who didn't remember it fondly..

[Image: giphy.gif]

Even as a child, I thought 'Goddamn, this is cheesy'. That very much includes the credits.

It's a fun idea for a show, but there's only one worth a damn, and they had to pressure Scorsese to make it for them. 90s Outer Limits, for all its sins, has better, more amazing stories 9 times out of 10.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 04-29-2021

I was born in 87, so I was too young to catch any of those 80s anthology attempts.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - waaaaaaaalt - 04-29-2021

(04-28-2021, 06:04 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 01:19 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: My memory of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was it being not unlike Amazing Stories.

“Indy faces off his most ruthless foes yet: Hollywood studio execs“

Ha! Lucas would place them on the same level as Nazis. “I hate these guys”

Catherine Zeta-Jones!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 04-29-2021

(04-29-2021, 08:24 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Catherine Zeta-Jones!

Yeah ... that was one of the surprise casting deals for [in my opinion] the best episode of the series that I thought people would be better off not knowing about before watching it ... 

**she's scorching hot in the episode

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 05-05-2021

Exhibiting a sadism that rivals anything Hannibal Lecter did, Mads is here to get your hopes up.

https://collider.com/indiana-jones-5-script-mads-mikkelsen-comments/

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 05-05-2021

I love what he says about being invited to create a character, and name-dropping Peter Lorre.

Just PR-fluff? Likely! He's a professional. But I'm still excited.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 05-05-2021

Wake me when he says, "I'm not playing a standard, 'mustache-twirling villain,' in this." I love when actors say that about their mustache-less characters.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 05-05-2021

I’m not playing your typical Bond giiirrrrlllll

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 05-05-2021

This isn't your usual, run-of-the-mill bad guy, ok. What attracted me to this character was that he thinks what he's doing is right.

You don't see that in a lot of movie villains...

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 05-05-2021

it’s the script that drew me to this project

I accepted the role without reading the script, but I heard it was good!

we had to get the story right

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 05-05-2021

Pretty sure Frank Marshall has literally said that one about INDY 5. I'm forced to deduct points.

I liked the early draft of the script that they threw out after I committed to the film, and then with my name now attached, they were able to secure additional budget. That draft was really good. It needed work on the second act and they had no ending, but the setup was great.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - kyle reese 2 - 05-05-2021

I could only make it an hour into Chaos Walking before I started convulsing. I hope that one wasn't great on the page too.