The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 05-13-2021

Mads is the villain in this??

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 05-13-2021

I was hoping he'd be playing the animated red line on the map.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 05-13-2021

Interesting that they're getting rehearsal time.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 05-14-2021

never happens

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - arjen rudd - 05-14-2021

(05-13-2021, 10:03 PM)freeman Wrote: Mads is the villain in this??

They haven't officially said, but what else is he going to do? 

He did say Peter Lorre was an inspiration for his character, so unless he's some sort of comic relief sidekick, I imagine he's got to be the villain.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 05-14-2021

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1393243435528826881?s=12

Boyd Holbrook and Shaunette Renee Wilson have been added to the cast.
If you were going to re-cast Indy, I could see Boyd being in the running. He's got the same sort of hangdog, don't give a shit vibe about him.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 05-14-2021

Is Boyd going to be Mutt after some plastic surgery?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 05-14-2021

He's playing Mutt's brother Mitt.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 09:54 AM)MichaelM Wrote: never happens

If you don't keep this up until well after the Blu-ray release you're just a piker.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 05-14-2021

BOYD HOLBROOK IS WILLIE'S SON, WILHELM!!

Inventor of the scream.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 01:58 PM)fatherdude Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 09:54 AM)MichaelM Wrote: never happens

If you don't keep this up until well after the Blu-ray release you're just a piker.

that may or may not happen

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 05-14-2021

I'm not saying that Boyd Holbrook is in Harrison Ford's league or anything, but if you wanted to use an actor to play younger Indy in flashback sequences, you could do worse than use Boyd Holbrook. He has kinda a similar vibe to him.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 03:30 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: I'm not saying that Boyd Holbrook is in Harrison Ford's league or anything, but if you wanted to use an actor to play younger Indy in flashback sequences, you could do worse than use Boyd Holbrook.  He has kinda a similar vibe to him.

You're looking for an actor to play Indy in flashblacks?

I wonder who comes to mind ...

[Image: 23415382_1887040484656848_64906507118650...e=60C4194E]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - shan - 05-14-2021

(05-13-2021, 06:01 PM)Overlord Wrote: Bad Irish accents?

[Image: ac2p239qaey61.jpg]

**Shan will get this immediately.

I worked with an Irish guy once who wasn't at all impressed with Glenn Quinn's attempt at an Irish accent.

(05-14-2021, 04:01 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 03:30 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: I'm not saying that Boyd Holbrook is in Harrison Ford's league or anything, but if you wanted to use an actor to play younger Indy in flashback sequences, you could do worse than use Boyd Holbrook.  He has kinda a similar vibe to him.

You're looking for an actor to play Indy in flashblacks?

I wonder who comes to mind ...

[Image: 23415382_1887040484656848_64906507118650...e=60C4194E]

If they weren't going to go for Ingruber in SOLO, what makes you think they'd go for him now in INDY 5?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 04:09 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: If they weren't going to go for Ingruber in SOLO, what makes you think they'd go for him now in INDY 5?

I'll kill you for this.

(05-14-2021, 04:06 PM)Shan Wrote: I worked with an Irish guy once who wasn't at all impressed with Glenn Quinn's attempt at an Irish accent.

Did you explain certain things to him?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - shan - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 04:27 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 04:09 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: If they weren't going to go for Ingruber in SOLO, what makes you think they'd go for him now in INDY 5?

I'll kill you for this.

(05-14-2021, 04:06 PM)Shan Wrote: I worked with an Irish guy once who wasn't at all impressed with Glenn Quinn's attempt at an Irish accent.

Did you explain certain things to him?

Yes I did.

He didn't believe me at first.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 05-14-2021

Edit: Nevermind. That's what I get for skimming the posts.

Anyways..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 05-14-2021

take a look at his credits after the initial attention he got from Adeline in 2015

it doesn't seem like he got much high profile work beyond voicing Joker in a video game, doing some short films, and appearances on TV shows

maybe he's a talent that has yet to be discovered for the right role (in which he doesn't look like Harrison Ford).... or maybe looking like a young Harrison Ford and being able to do some popular go-to impersonations is his limit?

even olord seems to have dampened his enthusiasm for the guy taking over Ford's iconic roles... to simply thinking that they should Adeline him again for an Indy flashback

I actually missed this 2019 clip of Ford saying that he doesn't want anyone playing Indy once he's done:

https://twitter.com/TanookiKuribo/status/1131907571768598528

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a27612627/harrison-ford-chris-pratt-new-indiana-jones-actor/

Ford dropped Chris Pine's name, but most headlines seemed to indicate that he probably meant Pratt (due to rumors at the time?  and possibly the growing anti-pratt narrative?)

(05-14-2021, 04:52 PM)Nooj Wrote: it doesn't seem like he got much high profile work beyond voicing Joker in a video game, doing some short films, and appearances on TV shows

Has he even tried having Steven Spielberg ram his name as a casting decision down Kathleen Kennedy's throat?

It's truly amazing to me that young actors/actresses don't consistently break into the upper echelon of Hollywood on a regular basis.  They must not be fucking trying hard enough, those piece of shit slackers.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 04:55 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 04:52 PM)Nooj Wrote: it doesn't seem like he got much high profile work beyond voicing Joker in a video game, doing some short films, and appearances on TV shows

Has he even tried having Steven Spielberg ram his name as a casting decision down Kathleen Kennedy's throat?

I figured you'd bring that up... except that you make it sound like Spielberg pushed some nobody onto Kennedy out of nowhere through nepotism, when Spielberg actually supported the guy when he was 16 years old and got him an agent to the point that he could actually build up a solid resume of TV and feature film work well before SOLO was ever in the sights.  You think Spielberg would try to push the guy onto a trusted collaborator like Kennedy if Ehrenreich had not proven some degree of ability and professionalism?

And don't forget that Coppola also cast him for two of his experimental feature films that nobody was gonna see.  So he had Coppola's blessing as well.

yeah, the guy had a huge advantage over most young and talented actors due to the circumstances of being in a silly bat mitzvah video that Spielberg happened to see him in (his daughter was also involved with the video), but it's not as if those advantages came from simply knowing famous people.  That advantage doesn't automatically mean he gets a role in a Coen Bros movie and steals the movie to the point that his scene is prominently featured in the trailer with no indication of his connections to the Beard.  It doesn't automatically mean that he's in a Park Chan Wook film that Spielberg and Coppola had no involvement in

Ehrenreich had the Beard's favor, sure

Ingruber had the favor of fans that couldn't get over the fact that he happened to look like a young Ford and could do some mimicry.  That's literally his only claim to fame.   Like... if we had some indication of some OBVIOUS talent (via supporting roles, audition footage, or even Youtube content) that is clearly being ignored, I'd take your point.  But I haven't seen it yet.  Even after the solid hit of ADELINE gave him a lot more visibility.  Isn't that bit of career boost not an advantage?

As for Ehrenreich... the only thing he's been involved with since SOLO flopping in 2018 is a BRAVE NEW WORLD TV series in 2020.  How his career goes from here even with his connections and talent remains to be seen.

(05-14-2021, 05:07 PM)Nooj Wrote: Ehrenreich had the Beard's favor.

Ingruber had the favor of fans that couldn't get over the fact that he happened to look like a young Ford and could do some mimicry.

Ingruber is a complete fucking moron for not selecting the first of those two options.

He chose ... poorly.

You make it sound as if Ehrenreich had the option of currying the Beard's favor.... or that the favor would continue even if Ehrenreich didn't maintain a solid rep/resume of work for nearly a decade

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 05-14-2021

Hahaha, Ingruber!

Get him the gig of voicing Han in a Star Wars cartoon or video game.

that job belongs to Doug Lee!!!

*oof*
*arr*
*ouch*

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 05:44 PM)Nooj Wrote: that job belongs to Doug Lee!!!

*oof*
*arr*
*ouch*

SO DO YOU!

THROW ME OVER THE SIDE!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mola ram - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 06:03 PM)Nooj Wrote: THROW ME OVER THE SIDE!

I can already hear John Williams cueing when Indy wrestles free

I hear the screeching of metal!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 05-14-2021

Panama Hat's motif is an underrated Williams bad guy theme.

(05-14-2021, 06:50 PM)Nooj Wrote: I hear the screeching of metal!

Thunder!

Lightning!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 05-15-2021

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33609-indiana-jones-4k-uhd-collection/page/3/&tab=comments#comment-1809969

possibly re-grading crystal skull for the 4K release?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 05-15-2021

Blooming.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 05-15-2021

That looks like a considerable improvement.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 05-15-2021

Oh hell yes. This is spectacular news.