The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 05-20-2021

(05-20-2021, 08:41 PM)Neil Spurn Wrote: I was gonna shitpost on Crystal Skull, but I still haven't watched it, and we already have a Commo.
I've watched it!

It wasn't very good.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 05-20-2021

In my commo fanfic, he's actually never seen any movie.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - kyle reese 2 - 05-20-2021

I've always contended that the Fountain of Youth is actually on the moon.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 05-20-2021

Very practical!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 05-20-2021

they can cross the story with Steve Rogers being up there

"Fuck, I'm getting old. Well, lemme get my walker and head on over to the moon..."

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 05-20-2021

God I hope that new Indiana Jones video game is everything this inevitable disappointment is not.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 05-20-2021

(05-20-2021, 06:31 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 04:38 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: This forum: *endlessly gripes about Crystal Skull's grading*

Powers that be: *fix or attempt to improve problematic grading*

Also this forum: "Who cares? The movie is still awful!"

Did you not see my posts about regrading efforts benefiting the film quite a bit?

I was speaking about the boards broadly lol. I don't disagree with you..

Indiana Jones finds Sentinel Prime and then Mutt has to save Chicago.

That's a pretty clunky title.

Whatever. It's a fifth Indiana Jones. I'm in. Bring it on..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - kyle reese 2 - 05-21-2021

(05-20-2021, 10:48 PM)freeman Wrote: God I hope that new Indiana Jones video game is everything this inevitable disappointment is not.

If it has Harrison Ford in Blade Runner theatrical voice-over mode moaning "Press A to interact" and "Follow the compass to the mission objective", I'll pay full price day 1.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 05-21-2021

If it's a young Indy kicking Nazi ass, it's already great.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - serpico jones - 05-28-2021

Harrison Ford has arrived in the UK for filming. I can’t believe this is actually happening.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 05-28-2021

And all it took was for Spielberg to fuck off.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 05-28-2021

I hope this is Indiana Jones vs the Moon Nazis. I need something like that in my life..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 05-28-2021

I wonder if they'll make a sixth one.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 05-28-2021

I hope so!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 05-28-2021

(05-28-2021, 12:22 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: And all it took was for Spielberg to fuck off.

He really does seem to have been the party gumming up the works. I guess the material never shaped up to his liking but...he does realize there's no law saying he has to have David Koepp handle all his action/adventure projects?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 05-28-2021

I mean, is it really worth his time at this point? Nobody liked the last one, and it's been over a decade. Making a another sequel to apologize for the previous sequel just sets a filmmaker up for even more potential failure. Who wants that?

Spielberg doesn't need the gig and it's now part of the Disney machine, which has been a mixed bag with Lucasfilm properties thus far. So he has numerous reasons to pursue other interests. I certainly don't blame him.

But there's no reason not to look forward to it. If it sucks? Oh well...a bad movie...who cares. The first three aren't going anywhere and the change of directors means this COULD be livlier and more inspired than the last one but also, in the event of it being bad, easier to dismiss because it's not Spielberg. I just want two hours of entertainment..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 05-28-2021

(05-28-2021, 01:23 PM)bradito Wrote: I mean, is it really worth his time at this point? Nobody liked the last one, and it's been over a decade. Making a another sequel to apologize for the previous sequel just sets a filmmaker up for even more potential failure. Who wants that? Spielberg doesn't need the gig and it's now part of the Disney machine, which has been a mixed bag with Lucasfilm properties thus far. So he has numerous reasons to pursue other interests. I certainly don't blame him.

Well, the project was formally announced in 2016, well into Disney's ownership, with him attached as director. I think the optimistic thought was, why would Spielberg even sign on if he didn't have some particular enthusiasm about closing his series out on a high note? He also made those comments about being being excited, etc. Obviously the Beard is well-versed in PR-speak, but I don't begrudge anybody wanting to believe he meant what he said.

On the subject of PR-speak...that's very much how I see the "hands-on" producer talk. I am sure he has been cheering Mangold on, but it seems like he'll be shooting THE FABELMANS at the same time as INDY 5, in a different country. I doubt he'll even be hanging out on set occasionally like Lucas did on CRYSTAL SKULL.

As for Lucas, I'm starting to wonder if he'll even get a token credit on this. He has been absolutely nowhere to be found on this project from the beginning.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 05-28-2021

Not surprising. After Crystal Skull, I wouldn’t want him around either.

Well, I imagine that Spielberg has a right of first refusal in his contract for any Indiana Jones sequel, so him being "attached" isn't necessarily him expressing some deep life-long desire to redeem himself in the eyes of Mr. Stockslivevan.

“I’m doing a new Indy flick!”

*five years and four non-Indy films later*

“Actually, I’m not feeling it”

Do you want him to make one or not? It sounds like you're just determined to be unhappy regardless.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 05-28-2021

(05-28-2021, 01:40 PM)fatherdude Wrote: As for Lucas, I'm starting to wonder if he'll even get a token credit on this. He has been absolutely nowhere to be found on this project from the beginning.

I think there will be a "Based on characters created by George Lucas and Philip Kaufman" credit.

Hey, let's be internet creeps. This photo was allegedly taken earlier today, probably just to remind you what you won't be looking like at age 78:

[Image: pky5hegjlu171.png?width=890&auto=webp&s=...c105cd90f9]

(05-28-2021, 02:01 PM)bradito Wrote: Do you want him to make one or not? It sounds like you're just determined to be unhappy regardless.

I only wanted him to make it if he really wanted to make it!

So passive aggressive!

I just want these filmmakers to not take a gig out of obligation, which seemed to be the case of INDY 4 “fine George, we’ll do aliens”.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 05-28-2021

(05-28-2021, 12:38 PM)bradito Wrote: I wonder if they'll make a sixth one.

Of course.

*But not with Ford.

Why would Ford turn down a sixth one? If he can do one at 80, he might as well do one at 95..

Force Ghost or GTFO.

Ford's ghost..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - serpico jones - 05-28-2021

I must admit I’ve enjoyed Mangold’s recent flicks much more than Spielberg’s. Logan and Ford V Ferrari were much more enjoyable than Bridge of Snores and The Post.

If this is the Logan of Indy movies, that would be something.

*Ford beating a truck with a shovel shortly after burying Sallah then collapsing in the street*

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!