The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Bucho - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 02:58 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: Change the text to white

Ew Stocks, are you one of those freaks who browses with a *retching noises* white background?

GROSS!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 06:40 PM)Bucho Wrote:

Ew Stocks, are you one of those freaks who browses with a *retching noises* white background?

GROSS!

Right, I was going to say: I use the Dark Reader extension for Chrome when reading the boards, so changing the text to white doesn't work.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Reasor - 05-30-2021

This thread's fifth birthday came and went in March and I missed it!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - kyle reese 2 - 05-30-2021

I'm on the lowest/warmest color temperature setting on my phone, so my white bsckground is ewwwww yellow! bsckground to casuals.

On my Kindle I do this- warm color temp plus de-blued night reading mode. I use the side-loaded Aldiko app for ebook reading, which let's me use a gray background with white text. Very gentle on the eyes.

Also, I wish Mr.Ford well in his filming endeavors. I hope they get a Count Dooku body double for him so he never has to move from a leaning-on-bar position.

Old Darabont script sounds interesting, but I still need to read all the Alien 3 scripts first.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Bucho - 05-30-2021

I SAW WHAT YOU WROTE BEFORE YOU DELETED IT OVERLORD!!!

Your secret's safe with me though, I would never let on that you briefly admitted you wish Mutt Williams was going to be the lead character in this movie.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 05-30-2021

I also have this information saved in my brain’s neural net processor!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 05-30-2021

I still remember someone spoiling the villain kaiju reveal in the Godzilla v. Kong thread ...

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 05-30-2021

was it meeee???

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 05-30-2021

That was spoiled via the toys back in 2019.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 05-31-2021

That doesn't mean it needs to be free to roam in a pre-release thread. Not everyone reads that toy shit..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 05-31-2021

There was a Kaiju in Indiana Jones??

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 05-31-2021

If we're lucky.

Indiana Jones and the Nazi Kaiju on the Moon
Directed by James Mangold

If you wouldn't watch that, you're dead inside..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 05-31-2021

(05-30-2021, 08:38 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 06:40 PM)Bucho Wrote:

GROSS!

Right, I was going to say: I use the Dark Reader extension for Chrome when reading the boards, so changing the text to white doesn't work.

Cheaters!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Misfit - 06-02-2021

How spoilery is the spoilers allowed thread? I don’t want to know plot points/secret character reveals, but I also don’t want to be sitting in this thread all by my lonesome until next summer.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - arjen rudd - 06-02-2021

Yeah, I don’t care for that new thread.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 06-02-2021

If it ends up being unnecessary, let it wither and die. I imagined the majority of discussion would continue here, but since we are about to turn the hitherto unimaginable corner that puts this thing before the cameras, I thought it would be good to have a separate place to embed set photos and the like. If we still had the spoiler feature I probably wouldn't have bothered. I didn't follow the STAR WARS movies so I don't know how it was handled in those threads. Maybe nobody cares enough in the end.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Misfit - 06-02-2021

I care! That’s why I asked. Set photos I can handle. Something like “Mads is revealed to be his brother and Indy lifts Mjolnir at the end” I don’t want.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - chief zabu - 06-02-2021

With Lucas basically out the story picture and Mangold picking up for Spielberg, I am actually interested in this (As for the Indy / Nazis Kaijus on the moon idea - yes! Basically a twist on Iron Sky but with a bigger budget).

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 06-02-2021

(06-02-2021, 02:59 PM)chief zabu Wrote: With Lucas basically out the story picture and Mangold picking up for Spielberg, I am actually interested in this (As for the Indy / Nazis Kaijus on the moon idea - yes!  Basically a twist on Iron Sky but with a bigger budget).

It's hard for me to believe that I instinctively reacted to Spielberg stepping aside as some of the best news possible for this film.

It's even more hard to believe that I would have considered a report of Ford handing the hat off to Starr or Pratt even better news.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - chief zabu - 06-02-2021

I have mixed feelings about it because it is quite likely that I would not have become infatuated with movies if George Lucas and Steven Spielberg had not appeared on the scene with the 1-2 punch of Star Wars and CETK at that very critical time of my life. I just think Indy needs someone to approach it with a new perspective, and based on Logan, Ford V Ferrari, and some of his other work, Mangold could be the guy to do it. He fucking rescued Wolverine, which made Logan possible.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 06-02-2021

(06-02-2021, 03:12 PM)chief zabu Wrote:  He fucking rescued Wolverine, which made Logan possible.

I enjoy Wolverine: Japan Rage more every time I see it.  Mangold just did a phenomenal job with a property that looked completely dead in the water after the godawful Origins entry.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 06-05-2021

The UHD box set drops on Tuesday, and screencaps have been popping up. Have a look at these from TEMPLE. Those last two shots are among the most iconic in the whole franchise for me, and boy do they look good.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-05-2021

niiiiiice

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Misfit - 06-05-2021

All right, I’m too old and out of touch to do it myself, so somebody give me recommendation for a UHD/4K/whatever the fuck player that’s going to play those. I don’t need absolute top of the line, JSU tape thing that’s going to get the job done.

Never mind, I decided not to be lazy and dug on the Best Buy website and found something that should work. Now to ask my toddler for permission to watch something other then Peppa Pig.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-05-2021

capsaholic has comparisons up for Raiders and Temple:

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=15953&d2=15954&c=6060

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=15958&d2=15959&c=6062

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-06-2021

LAST CRUSADE comparisons are up

ooooof the text from the bluray is ROUGH

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=633&y=275&d1=15963&d2=15964&s1=169485&s2=169499&l=0&i=4&go=1

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - itsnotatumor - 06-07-2021

(06-02-2021, 03:02 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 02:59 PM)chief zabu Wrote: With Lucas basically out the story picture and Mangold picking up for Spielberg, I am actually interested in this (As for the Indy / Nazis Kaijus on the moon idea - yes!  Basically a twist on Iron Sky but with a bigger budget).

It's hard for me to believe that I instinctively reacted to Spielberg stepping aside as some of the best news possible for this film.

It's even more hard to believe that I would have considered a report of Ford handing the hat off to Starr or Pratt even better news.

I am pretty sure it's still Shia Lebouf.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 06-07-2021

Wouldn’t mind seeing him have a cameo, have him as a mechanic running his own shop.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 06-07-2021

https://makingstarwars.net/2021/06/the-first-photo-of-indiana-jones-from-indy-5-has-hit/

Nothing too exciting (though there are possibly some vague spoilers in the text, so beware for those who are leery), but I can't help but smile seeing Ford in the outfit again.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-08-2021

bluray vs 4K screencap comparisons for CRYSTAL SKULL

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=15966&d2=15967&c=6064

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 06-08-2021

That looks about as good as it probably possibly could, given what was already "baked in."

Dialing down the green/yellow saturation and the general brightness of the hottest highlights definitely helped.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - freeman - 06-08-2021

Polishing a turd.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 06-09-2021

Got my boxed set and have been sampling the image quality. Really impressive across the board, and I'm looking forward to proper re-watches. 

While the least visually impressive of the bunch, it is honestly stunning how much better CRYSTAL SKULL looks simply by not giving it an objectively hideous color grade. It really feels less like revisionism and more like somebody made a genuine mistake in 2008. I know that doesn't address the movie's real problems, but it's startling to see in-your-face proof of how gratuitously ugly they made the movie on initial release. It's also decently more detailed, particularly during the non-CGI shots. The effects work is presumably trapped in upscaled 2K.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 06-09-2021

KOTCS was fortunate to be edited traditionally on film to allow an eventual 4K remaster. I think Michael Kahn was one of the few editors that still cut movies on moviola in the 2000s.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 06-10-2021

(06-09-2021, 09:32 PM)fatherdude Wrote: Got my boxed set and have been sampling the image quality. Really impressive across the board, and I'm looking forward to proper re-watches. 

While the least visually impressive of the bunch, it is honestly stunning how much better CRYSTAL SKULL looks simply by not giving it an objectively hideous color grade.

Regrading the film, by itself, massively improves it.

I've been noting this for about a year now, and I'm tepidly excited to see what a professional level regrading will look like.