The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

- fraid uh noman - 06-08-2016

A[quote name="commodorejohn" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/540#post_4079793"]INDIANA JONES AND THE HAND OF LUKE SKYWALKER.[/quote]
This IS religiously significant. Isn't Jedi a religion now??

Indiana Jones and the Shroud of Turin

Wait...scratch that. That's not a good idea..

- arjen rudd - 06-08-2016

AHe's always sought multi-denominational artifacts. The arc is specifically Jewish, the Grail is Christian, and the Sankara stones are Hindu. I guess the Skull reap resents science or something like that.

It all leads to only one thing. Indy's going to be unlocking the mysteries of Islam!

AThe skull thing was totally fine by me. Hell it was religious in a way...didn't they say those people towards the end thought the aliens were gods? It was the specifics of Crystal Skull that blew, not the concept...at least to me..

- Judas Booth - 06-08-2016

I still say FATE OF ATLANTIS is the way to go.

AAll the typical ones are all agreeable to me if the movie's good. Atlantis, Excalibur.

D.B. Cooper?

- commodorejohn - 06-08-2016

A[quote name="Fraid uh noman" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/550#post_4079851"]D.B. Cooper?[/quote]
[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/223469/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

- user_32 - 06-08-2016

AIndiana Jones and the First Avocado

- carnotaur3 - 06-08-2016

AIndiana Jones and the Damn Good Cup of Coffee

- itsnotatumor - 06-08-2016

If they really want to amp up the nostalgic factor, they should consider using Excalibur as the Macguffin. I think that's about all that's left that they could do that would fit in really well with the first 3 films.

- hammerhead - 06-08-2016

Hell, let's see a semi-plausible take on Aladdin's Lamp.

AIndiana Jones and the Pristine Prints of the Non-Special Edition Star Wars Trilogy

- filmnerdjamie - 06-09-2016

Indiana Jones & a Copy of The Day the Clown Cried.

- Dent6084 - 06-09-2016

Indiana Jones and the Missing Footage from The Magnificent Ambersons

- Codename - 06-09-2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by History Buff View Post

Send Indy to look for the Lost Ark...

INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE ARK, NO, THE OTHER ONE!

- Misfit - 06-09-2016

I don't know where to go with this story, so I'm coming here. My wife had never seen RAIDERS*, and it was playing at the theater closest to us last night. I bitched and moaned and whined until she agreed to go (being married to me is a nightmare). Then, she has an ultra-crappy day at work yesterday and we still go to the movie, but she's completely distracted by the day she's had and basically is just counting down the time until we can go home and she can start figuring out how to take care of the situation. Sucks, but I'm hoping I can get her to watch DOOM and LAST CRUSADE between now and 2019. Also, my new favorite character after watching it again last night is the donkey Indy runs past to get back to Jock's plane at the beginning.

*I know. Whenever I find out she hasn't seen a movie that was a cornerstone of my youth, her response is "I'm a girl and I'm five years younger than you. I don't care about that crap." I have no defense against that argument.

- Stale Elvis - 06-09-2016

AYou married this woman?

- Misfit - 06-09-2016

Happily.

- Judas Booth - 06-09-2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misfit View Post

Happily.

FWIW, my wife hates GHOSTBUSTERS.  Simply doesn't get it or find it funny at all.  As karmic balance, she absolutely loves the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns, so I won't go looking for a divorce lawyer yet.

- Misfit - 06-09-2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

FWIW, my wife hates GHOSTBUSTERS.  Simply doesn't get it or find it funny at all.  As karmic balance, she absolutely loves the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns, so I won't go looking for a divorce lawyer yet.

Mrs. Misfit sees and enjoys the MCU stuff with me, but that's about it as far as the big franchises. She saw and enjoyed FURY ROAD and CREED, but had no interest in seeing the earlier films afterward.

Sorry to derail. What do we think, is Marian going to be in the next one? Was struck again last night by how good Karen Allen is in RAIDERS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misfit View Post

Sorry to derail. What do we think, is Marian going to be in the next one? Was struck again last night by how good Karen Allen is in RAIDERS.

She was awesome in RAIDERS.  Perfectly cast.  I'm not sure if Meryl Streep at the top of her game could have done any better.

- commodorejohn - 06-09-2016

ABringing Karen Allen back is about the one thing that makes me at all merciful towards KOTCS (though it would've helped if they'd had a better part for her.) Marian is probably my favorite character out of the entire series.

- Misfit - 06-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

Bringing Karen Allen back is about the one thing that makes me at all merciful towards KOTCS (though it would've helped if they'd had a better part for her.) Marian is probably my favorite character out of the entire series.

The best part of KOTCS is Indy's giggly "Marian?!" when she shows up. You could actually see Harrison Ford wake up onscreen for the first time in a decade.

- fraid uh noman - 06-09-2016

A[quote name="Misfit" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/570#post_4080266"]
The best part of KOTCS is Indy..
[/quote]
But no seriously....I agree with what you said..

- first class 782 - 06-09-2016

I love Marian in Raiders, just a marvelous performance.  I could tell Karen hadn't acted in years in KotCS, though.  She always had this goofy "can you believe this" smile, regardless of the scene.

- carnotaur3 - 06-09-2016

AI don't think she was given much direction. Her initial scene was fine. But she's hampered by a script that only makes her a Girl Scout Cookie Tagalong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post

I don't think she was given much direction. Her initial scene was fine. But she's hampered by a script that only makes her a Girl Scout Cookie Tagalong.

Who's bright idea was it to relegate her to a nothing role and give John Hurt everything to do?

- fraid uh noman - 06-09-2016

AJohn Hurt not being Abner Ravenwood confounds me..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

John Hurt not being Abner Ravenwood confounds me..

Well, Abner was dead by the time of RAIDERS, so I can understand why he wasn't in KotCS.

- Stale Elvis - 06-09-2016

AOr they thought he was dead. Mutt could have asked Indy to help him and his mum find his grandfather who'd been trying to contact them from another dimension. Indy needs the crystal skull to open the portal and rescues Abn...

Oh fuck it all. The crystal skull was a shit maguffin.

- MichaelM - 06-09-2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stale Elvis View Post

Oh fuck it all. The Crystal skull was a shit movie.

FIFY

- Pither - 06-09-2016

Wasn't Hurt's character created as a replacement for Henry Jones Sr.? I know there was some kind of attempt to get Connery back early on. Why Indy's dad would've been hanging out with Marion, though, I don't know.

- Misfit - 06-09-2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pither View Post

Wasn't Hurt's character created as a replacement for Henry Jones Sr.? I know there was some kind of attempt to get Connery back early on. Why Indy's dad would've been hanging out with Marion, though, I don't know.

Well, there has been a precedent set for them being interested in the same woman.

- Shreds - 06-09-2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pither View Post

He would've been banging her, obviously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreds View Post

He would've been banging her, obviously.

- agentsands77 - 06-09-2016

A[quote name="Pither" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/570#post_4080330"]Wasn't Hurt's character created as a replacement for Henry Jones Sr.? I know there was some kind of attempt to get Connery back early on. Why Indy's dad would've been hanging out with Marion, though, I don't know.
[/quote]
Nah, it was Broadbent that essentially took over the Connery role.