The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

- mr. stockslivevan - 06-26-2016

AI get what you mean. WAR HORSE is at least more natural looking, however romantic compared to Indy.

- fatherdude - 06-26-2016

The fifth movie should open with another shot of Indy's desk.

This time, to illustrate the further passing of time, the photos of Marcus and Henry Sr. are joined by Shorty, Willie Scott, Sallah, Major Blumburtt, Webber (Dan Akroyd's character), Oxley, Mutt and Marion, with Indy recounting how they all perished under increasingly tragicomic circumstances.

- carnotaur3 - 06-26-2016

Ha!  Nice try, Lao Che!

- hammerhead - 06-26-2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatherDude View Post

The fifth movie should open with another shot of Indy's desk.

This time, to illustrate the further passing of time, the photos of Marcus and Henry Sr. are joined by Shorty, Willie Scott, Sallah, Major Blumburtt, Webber (Dan Akroyd's character), Oxley, Mutt and Marion, with Indy recounting how they all perished under increasingly tragicomic circumstances.

And they should all be those actors' headshots.

- raynis - 06-26-2016

A[quote name="FatherDude" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/840#post_4089887"]This time, to illustrate the further passing of time, the photos of Marcus and Henry Sr. are joined by Shorty, Willie Scott, Sallah, Major Blumburtt, Webber (Dan Akroyd's character), Oxley, Mutt and Marion, with Indy recounting how they all perished under increasingly tragicomic circumstances
[/quote]

[Image: 2181ef20-f5d4-0132-f3f1-0e18518aac2f.gif?]

- Stale Elvis - 06-26-2016

A[quote name="Mr. Stockslivevan" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/800#post_4089872"]WAR HORSE is at least more natural looking, however romantic compared to Indy.[/quote]

Some of you have clearly never been to Yorkshire. War Horse looked natural my arse.

- raynis - 06-26-2016

AThats exactly what it looked like in 1912.

- fraid uh noman - 06-26-2016

A[quote name="Raynis" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/840#post_4089937"]Thats exactly what it looked like in 1912.[/quote]
His arse?

- filmnerdjamie - 06-26-2016

The best explanation regarding Mutt came from here years ago. Wish I remember who said it to be give proper credit.

Somebody: Hey where is your son, Indy?

Indy: Dead. Butt cancer.

- fraid uh noman - 06-26-2016

AGot a bad case of Mutt Butt?

- user_32 - 06-26-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

Considering Ford's age, using the Fountain of Youth might be a fun macguffin to play around with. People keep bringing that one up and I keep forgetting about it but maybe that could be cool.

Well if they want to continue the franchise beyond Harrison Ford, I guess that's a way. But it would then be a young Indiana Jones in the 1960s. Which is kinda odd.

- warlock1459 - 07-16-2016

I'm holding out hope for a Lovecraft adventure Let Spielberg go back to some poltergeist horror with a mix of Jones adventure. Indiana Jones and The Nameless City has a nice ring to it.

- kyle reese - 07-16-2016

Since this is Disney, they'll probably just go "What if we did some more boring Hydra bullshit? That still sells!". We'll get Indy hunting down the hidden remnants of the Nazi party, before they can power up the mystical Macguffin, "Jesus' Lunchbox".

- chaz - 07-16-2016

While it may be the safe choice but a movie about Indy facing off Nazis in Argentina could be good. The Macguffin could have something to do with the Incas.

- Pither - 07-17-2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

While it may be the safe choice but a movie about Indy facing off Nazis in Argentina could be good. The Macguffin could have something to do with the Incas.

It could work, but I'm guessing that they'll want to stay away from South America on this one.

- raynis - 07-17-2016

AWhat if it was Native-American? Is that too much of a snoozefest?

- fraid uh noman - 07-17-2016

A[quote name="Raynis" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/840#post_4101681"]What if it was Native-American? Is that too much of a snoozefest?[/quote]
Naw I like that.

Maybe Inuit. Alaska. Indy in the snow (for the duration) would be new wouldn't it?

- raynis - 07-17-2016

AThere is so much interesting and exciting mythology there. And bringing that mythology to the forefront doesn't really happen enough in film. Certainly in a big budget. And with a god like 'berg? Mmmmm

- arjen rudd - 07-17-2016

ANorse God stuff could work. But Excalibur feels very possible, even though they've already touched Arthurian legend.

- Belloq87 - 09-29-2016

This is pretty damn cool!

I would certainly prefer an animated movie or series in this sort of style than another live action romp.  You'd never have to take Indy out of the 1930s if you didn't want to.

- fatherdude - 09-29-2016

I remain mystified that the success of THE CLONE WARS never spawned an Indy animated series.  It seems like the most obvious idea in the world, not to mention an opportunity to fill in the gap that is the decade of the 40s.  In fact, can we just have that instead of a reboot series?  And if Ford is too lazy or expensive for VO work, they can always tap Doug Lee of FATE OF ATLANTIS fame.

- mr. stockslivevan - 09-29-2016

AThat would be so wonderful.

- carnotaur3 - 09-29-2016

AI want both. But maybe the only reason I want another live action is because Ford and Spielberg don't deserve to close the series out with Crystal Skull.

That animated intro is wonderfully Indy though.

That's how I feel too, which is why I specified "reboot series."  But who are we kidding, it's going to happen.

- Judas Booth - 09-29-2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belloq87 View Post

I would certainly prefer an animated movie or series in this sort of style than another live action romp.  You'd never have to take Indy out of the 1930s if you didn't want to.

This is awesome and has an incredible style to it.  Please make this become a reality and keep this style vs going the CG route.

- Codename - 09-29-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belloq87 View Post

Why aren't we funding this?!

Seriously, this is such a perfect idea I'm kind of amazed it hasn't been brought up yet.

- Stale Elvis - 09-29-2016

ABecause the charm of Indy begins and ends with Harrison Ford.

And that's just the plain fuckin truth.

AIf he ends up bringing the same energy he brought to Han Solo last year, Indy 5 will already have my ticket.

- arjen rudd - 09-29-2016

I still think Ford totally showed up for KOTCS, everything else just let him down.

AHe showed up, but I think he had way more enthusiasm in Force Awakens. It made him seem younger.

- virtanen - 09-29-2016

Just realised Ford did Han Solo last year, Deckard right now and this in 2017 or 2018. A weird way to close one's career, maybe he'll throw Richard Kimble in there if we're lucky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjen Rudd View Post

I still think Ford totally showed up for KOTCS, everything else just let him down.

Absolutely agreed.  CRYSTAL SKULL was not an auto-pilot performance from Ford, but from Spielberg.

- Judas Booth - 09-29-2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virtanen View Post

Just realised Ford did Han Solo last year, Deckard right now and this in 2017 or 2018. A weird way to close one's career, maybe he'll throw Richard Kimble in there if we're lucky.

I wouldn't mind seeing John Book again.

- MrSaxon - 09-29-2016

Bring back former President James Marshall and put him on a plane with Vladimir Putin played by Ed Harris.

A[quote name="Virtanen" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/870#post_4141781"]Just realised Ford did Han Solo last year, Deckard right now and this in 2017 or 2018. A weird way to close one's career, maybe he'll throw Richard Kimble in there if we're lucky.[/quote]

"It wasn't me, it was the one armed zombie!"