The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

- noirheaven - 09-25-2017

http://www.eonline.com/news/882716/ryan-gosling-says-he-s-working-on-getting-a-role-in-new-indiana-jones-movie-with-harrison-ford?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories

Quote:

Ryan Gosling Says He's "Working on" Getting a Role in New Indiana Jones Movie With Harrison Ford

by JESS COHEN Mon, Sep 25, 2017 3:28 PM

- filmnerdjamie - 09-26-2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stale Elvis View Post

Was Rick Dekard that much of a character though? I’ll be honest and say that Blade Runner bores me to tears so maybe I’m not in a position to judge too hyper-critically, but Ford just seems to be playing Ford in that role - grumbling and mumbling his way through the script.

- user_32 - 09-26-2017

Gosling can be his second illegitimate son Pooch, this one from Willie Scott.

- noirheaven - 09-26-2017

Gosling should definitely play a villain, maybe even the villain. Maybe have him be an ex-friend of Mutt's who was also a student of Oxley and he slowly became envious of the exploits of Indiana Jones, et. al. That way we get a few lines of dialogue about Mutt in without having to bring him back. Mutt can be serving in Vietnam or something.

- fatherdude - 09-26-2017

I'm not buying it.  Sounds like the Kevin Costner rumors for Indy 4.

- arjen rudd - 09-26-2017

AHe'd be a younger, evil version of Indy. Similar dynamic as Belloq, but with an aspect of the kid looking to make his name by besting the old gunslinger.

- boone daniels - 09-26-2017

Gosling as this world's answer to Erich Von Daniken - an opportunist stoking myth and legend fever.

- hammerhead - 09-26-2017

Oh, I do like that. But maybe not for Gosling.

- noirheaven - 09-28-2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjen Rudd View Post

He'd be a younger, evil version of Indy. Similar dynamic as Belloq, but with an aspect of the kid looking to make his name by besting the old gunslinger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boone Daniels View Post

Gosling as this world's answer to Erich Von Daniken - an opportunist stoking myth and legend fever.

Bingo!

- analog olmos - 09-28-2017

A[quote name="Boone Daniels" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/1740#post_4370032"]Gosling as this world's answer to Erich Von Daniken - an opportunist stoking myth and legend fever. 
[/quote]

.... But there actually WERE Ancient Aliens in Indy now....

- boone daniels - 09-28-2017

Doesn't have to be Aliens - there was a lot of weird shit people went for in the 60s.

- Stale Elvis - 09-28-2017

Oh fuck. If it's set in the 60s what are the chances of him running into a certain couple of teenage film students?

ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu

- bartleby_scriven - 09-28-2017

Will this finally mean the canonization of George Lucas in Love?

- boone daniels - 09-28-2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stale Elvis View Post

Oh fuck. If it's set in the 60s what are the chances of him running into a certain couple of teenage film students?

ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu

would watch

roger corman as roger corman

- hammerhead - 09-28-2017

I've pitched before the idea of 77-year-old Indy trekking through Tunisia and wrecking a take on the Lars Homestead set.

- user_32 - 09-28-2017

AAnd then as he leaves, George Lucas takes out his cell phone (fuck time period accuracy) and says "Steven, I think I have an idea for a collaboration. Meet for sand castles, stat!"

- fatherdude - 10-11-2017

AJohn Rhys-Davies wants in:

Quote:Appearing at the BAFTA Cymru Awards, to pick up a special award for Outstanding Contribution to Film and Television, the legendary ‘Indiana Jones’ actor told Yahoo: “What would have happened to Sallah? I like to think that he would have been somebody like Khaled al-Asaad – that marvellous 80-year-old man who was defending his museum in Palmyra and who hid its major treasures and refused to give them over to ISIS and was beheaded in the town square. I think that’s probably how I would have seen Sallah.”

“I’d love to have one last crack at Sallah,” said Rhys-Davies. “But I understand if time has just moved on – it would be sad.”

- mr. stockslivevan - 10-11-2017

AI like Sallah in the first film, but he should have only been a one off ally. No need to bring him back.

- Overlord - 10-11-2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Stockslivevan View Post

I like Sallah in the first film, but he should have only been a one off ally. No need to bring him back.

Sallah?  At this point, he belongs in a museum.

- carnotaur3 - 10-11-2017

ASo do you!!!

- user_32 - 10-11-2017

ABring back Sallah. Bring back Short Round. Bring back that girl will the "fuck me" eyelids. If this is the final Harrison Ford Indiana Jones, I want to see every living character from the franchise return!!

- Pither - 10-12-2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

Bring back Sallah. Bring back Short Round. Bring back that girl will the "fuck me" eyelids. If this is the final Harrison Ford Indiana Jones, I want to see every living character from the franchise return!!

Bring back the eyepatch guy from Raiders, seeking vengeance for the death of his monkey.

- hammerhead - 10-12-2017

The monkey died from poison Motorcycle Man placed himself! Who can he blame?

- engineer - 10-12-2017

Alternate Cut Spoiler:  It was knockout drops and the monkey was just sleeping.

No monkeys were harmed in the making of this film.  Lots of snakes were, though.  Oh yeaaah, lots of snakes.

- engineer - 10-12-2017

Let's bring back this guy.  Cobra Commander.

He's a slippery customer...  With a score to settle!

- Pither - 10-12-2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post

The monkey died from poison Motorcycle Man placed himself! Who can he blame?

​His mind shifted the blame to Indy to cope with the guilt?

- scottieferguson - 10-12-2017

I say just make Gosling Mutt.  They're not that different in age.

Plus K really hoped he was Deckard's son.  Give him that.

- ravi - 10-12-2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatherDude View Post

John Rhys-Davies wants in:

Sallah was a great character and it was cool having him back in Crusade (his interactions with Brody add to the epic boys adventure feeling of the third act).

Since Indy 5 would likely be the final installment, it would be nice to have him appear in some way. They told us what happened to Henry Sr. and Marcus in Crystal Skull, but not the other surviving sidekicks.

- user_32 - 10-12-2017

One of the biggest missed opportunities of Crystal Skull was not having Sallah or Short Round at the wedding. They could've had a field day filling that church with cameos.

- Overlord - 10-12-2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

One of the biggest missed opportunities of Crystal Skull was [the entirety of the script].

FTFY

- carnotaur3 - 10-12-2017

But if not an actual script, Sallah is next best thing.

- user_32 - 10-12-2017

Exactly. If Sallah had been at the wedding and started singing H.M.S Pinafore, all the previous problems of the movie would've been erased.

- levrock - 10-12-2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engineer View Post

Let's bring back this guy.  Cobra Commander.

He's a slippery customer...  With a score to settle!

"...A sssssscore to ssssssettle!"

- fatherdude - 10-13-2017

A[quote name="User_32" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/1770#post_4382336"]One of the biggest missed opportunities of Crystal Skull was not having Sallah or Short Round at the wedding. They could've had a field day filling that church with cameos.
[/quote]

Rhys-Davies was offered such a cameo, but they just wanted to green-screen him into the scene clapping, so he turned it down.

- carnotaur3 - 10-13-2017

A[quote name="FatherDude" url="/community/t/155331/indiana-jones-and-youre-actually-fucking-serious-pre-release-discussion/1770#post_4382790"]
Rhys-Davies was offered such a cameo, but they just wanted to green-screen him into the scene clapping, so he turned it down.[/quote]

Crystal Skull being such a lazy ass production, doesn’t surprise me to hear that.