The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 06-28-2018

‘Indiana Jones 5’ Will Miss Its 2020 Release Date

The start date "will have to be pushed back by months, if not a year" due to qualms with the script.  This thing is cancelled.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 06-28-2018

(06-28-2018, 06:09 PM)fatherdude Wrote: This thing is cancelled.
Here's hoping. Part of me really wishes they could end the series on a better note than KotCS, but realistically that just ain't happening.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 06-28-2018

I now no longer believe this movie is going to happen (with Steven Spielberg directing and Harrison Ford starring).

As for the merit of the screenwriting change, I have no feelings about it, except to make the easy quip and say they hired the wrong Kasdan.  I've never had it out for Koepp like some people, and on the list of people responsible for CRYSTAL SKULL's problems, he's down the list a few spots.

They're also reporting that it's full steam ahead for Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY remake, which I think is a gigantic waste of his time.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 06-28-2018

As someone who does have it in for Koepp, the fact is he was signed onto the project in March 2016.  If two full years isn't enough for him and Spielberg to hammer out a decent Indy 5 script, especially in light of Harrison Ford's age and the sense of urgency that should be promoting, then Spielberg's heart isn't in the project.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 06-28-2018

I don't disagree.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Jones - 06-28-2018

I dunno, I don't think it's dead yet. I think since you're dealing with heavyweights like Spielberg and Harrison Ford the real issue is if they want to do it or not, rather than how good the script really is. If they primarily both get into the right attitude at the same time of 'yeah, let's go shoot this thing' then I think suddenly this film will be off the backburner and underway.

At least the series went out on a high note.  I don't know about you guys, but it's the crisp, filmic cinematography that keeps me coming back to CRYSTAL SKULL.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-28-2018

so beautiful...

That jungle chase is just a visual nightmare.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - history buff - 06-28-2018

Just reboot the freakin thing with Chris Pratt as a younger Indy. Why the hell not!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Amos - 06-29-2018

cuz Spielberg won't do Nazi villains no more.

Unless we're talking about moving on from Spielberg too.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mola ram - 06-29-2018

I wonder what Spielberg's reaction would be if he knew 40 years after Raiders he would still be making an Indiana Jones movie with Ford.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-29-2018

(06-28-2018, 10:57 PM)history buff Wrote: Just reboot the freakin thing with Chris Pratt as a younger Indy. Why the hell not!

do NOT cast mister peanutbutter as indy!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - history buff - 06-29-2018

(06-29-2018, 12:38 AM)Amos Wrote: cuz Spielberg won't do Nazi villains no more.

Sure why not. I mean Disney has the rights, if I'm not mistaken. So they wouldn't hesitate to hire another director they were confident in. $$$$$$$$ is the bottom line according to Mr. Iger. 

How many people could have imagined 30+ years ago that they would be making multiple Star Wars movies one day and NONE of them would involve George Lucas? 

I mean I love the Indiana Jones character, I really do. I just don't get why people continue to treat it as some kind of sacrosanct fictional character that can only be played by Harrison Ford.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Amos - 06-29-2018

The problem is finding an actor working today with HALF the charisma of a young Harrison Ford.

Pratt's too goofy.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-29-2018

it's less about Ford/Indy being sacrosanct and more that I don't want anymore pratt in these roles where he essentially plays mister peanutbutter

the guy's got no sense of DANGER to him in any of the roles I've seen him in

and he's even played a DANGEROUS COWBOY that I didn't buy

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Dragon Ma - 06-29-2018

If they do recast, I'd take Joel McHale over Pratt.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - history buff - 06-29-2018

I get that Ford has a charisma and charm that would be hard to top and it certainly doesn't have to Pratt. I'm sure there's an actor out there who can make it work.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - waaaaaaaalt - 06-29-2018

(06-29-2018, 01:19 AM)Dragon Ma Wrote: If they do recast, I'd take Joel McHale over Pratt.

He can defeat the nazis by playing their previous defeats and commenting on them in front of a green screen.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - The Dark Shape - 06-29-2018

Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth could both be good Indys.

Nobody should be, though. It's okay to let characters go. Let Ford be the only real Indiana Jones.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 06-29-2018

(06-29-2018, 03:54 AM)The Dark Shape Wrote: Nobody should be, though. It's okay to let characters go. Let Ford be the only real Indiana Jones.
I don't often find myself agreeing wholeheartedly with Dark Shape, but: yes. This.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - The Dark Shape - 06-29-2018

(06-29-2018, 04:04 AM)commodorejohn Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 03:54 AM)The Dark Shape Wrote: Nobody should be, though.  It's okay to let characters go.  Let Ford be the only real Indiana Jones.
I don't often find myself agreeing wholeheartedly with Dark Shape, but: yes. This.

[Image: latest?cb=20161121154217]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 06-29-2018

Strange days indeed.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - shaunh - 06-29-2018

(06-29-2018, 01:01 AM)history buff Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 12:38 AM)Amos Wrote: cuz Spielberg won't do Nazi villains no more.

I mean I love the Indiana Jones character, I really do. I just don't get why people continue to treat it as some kind of sacrosanct fictional character that can only be played by Harrison Ford.

Exhibit A: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=untitledhansolostarwarsanthologyfilm.htm

(06-29-2018, 03:54 AM)The Dark Shape Wrote: Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth could both be good Indys.

Nobody should be, though.  It's okay to let characters go.  Let Ford be the only real Indiana Jones.

this is the best view

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 06-29-2018

The only form of reboot Indy needs is new graphic adventure games.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - boone daniels - 06-29-2018

Jake Johnson is the only acceptable recast.

Or John Cho.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 06-29-2018

Ingruber!!!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - serpico jones - 06-29-2018

This movie, much like a lot of other movies Lucasfilm is planning, will never happen.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 06-29-2018

WILLOW 2 FTW

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 06-29-2018

(06-29-2018, 03:54 AM)The Dark Shape Wrote: Nobody should be, though.  It's okay to let characters go.  Let Ford be the only real Indiana Jones.

jake johnson???

ew no!

If INDY 5 won't be Spielberg's next movie, then I hope it's THE KIDNAPPING OF EGARDO MORTARA that slides up and not the damn WEST SIDE STORY remake or the superhero movie.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - hypnotoad - 06-29-2018

Things I'd be okay with:
  • Some actor, be it Pratt, Hemsworth or some other actor taking on the mantle of Harry Steele in a Secret of the Incas reboot-quel. Just make something in that vein.*
  • A Ford voiced Tin Tin style animated Indiana Jones adventure. Spielberg can direct or just steer the ship.  I'll take one of these every 3-5 years forever.
Otherwise, I'm good with the first 3. 

*Yeah, I know, the only reason anyone would ever make an Indiana Jones movie today is because its a brand everyone knows.  

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 06-29-2018

(06-29-2018, 12:49 PM)fatherdude Wrote: If INDY 5 won't be Spielberg's next movie, then I hope it's THE KIDNAPPING OF EGARDO MORTARA that slides up and not the damn WEST SIDE STORY remake or the superhero movie.

I completely agree.