The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Neil Spurn - 06-29-2018

INGRUBER JONES and the FATE of KATHLEEN KENNEDY!

A Ron Howard fillum

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 06-29-2018

Let's make this for real and we're good, Disney.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 06-29-2018

The react only acceptable recast would have been Olyphant, 15 years ago.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 06-29-2018

Don't recast anybody. Make a spin-off about Forrestal - you know, before he cashed in.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 06-29-2018

(06-29-2018, 01:26 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: Let's make this for real and we're good, Disney.

I have long been of the belief that an animated movie or series would be a great way to give us further adventures of Indiana Jones. He could remain perpetually in the the 1930s where he really belongs.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Pither - 06-29-2018

(06-29-2018, 01:26 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: Let's make this for real and we're good, Disney.

Yes.

If I had to name someone for a recast, Lee Pace, maybe? I dunno.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - ravi - 06-29-2018

That animated trailer looks cool, but for me, part of the appeal of the Indy films is seeing him travel through all these real-life locations. That aspect would be lost with an animated series.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 06-29-2018

If one must recast Indy, it needs to be an actor who can take a punch and make you feel it. That was why the character struck such a cord initially. 

And for some reason, Bradley Cooper comes to mind.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 06-29-2018

That's definitely not how I would describe Cooper.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - superlaser - 06-29-2018

Ingruber?

I'll see myself out.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Dent6084 - 06-29-2018

Gonna throw a dark horse candidate out there if we must recast: Glen Powell. Dude ruled in Everybody Wants Some!! as a charismatic, smooth-talking sardonic athlete. Someone's gonna grab him for a franchise role sooner or later, and this one he might do well in. I feel like he'd capture that simultaneous thing where Indy knows he's in over his head and is kind of exasperated by it, and would also be able to balance the professorial aspect w/ the adventure hero.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Nooj - 06-29-2018

heheheh go ahead!

go for ingruber always!

Glen Powell is a pretty cool suggestion. Especially since he doesn't have much baggage as an actor just yet.

[Image: 8DRIibg.jpg]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - barry woodward - 07-10-2018

Borys Kit: "Breaking release date news: INDIANA JONES 5 pushed back a year, from July 10, 2020 to July 9, 2021"

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1016731207592075265

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bartleby_scriven - 07-10-2018

"Die. Please, God, die."

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 07-10-2018

How soon before Harrison is not unsurable?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 07-10-2018

(07-10-2018, 01:19 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: "Die. Please, God, die."
Yaknow, when people were suggesting that the next Indy film be inspired by Lovecraft, I didn't think they intended for it to be something whose very existence brings a sense of sickening dread and impending doom that, no matter how long it might be forestalled, will always be lurking somewhere in the nebulous future, awaiting the fated day when it will be set loose upon an unwary world.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - barry woodward - 07-10-2018

Jon Kasdan has another year to top his father's RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK script.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fatherdude - 07-10-2018

Spielberg could not be sending a clearer signal that he doesn't want to do this movie.  Let's make sure Ford is 77 when we shoot it, and Williams is 90 when he composes it.

How long until they start talking about how Ford won't be in the WHOLE movie, exactly...

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - shaunh - 07-10-2018

Spielberg mentioned a female Indy. Reboot chronologically, starting with Doom:

Indy - Laura Dern
Short Round - Kelly Marie Tran
Willie Scott - John Boyega

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - superlaser - 07-10-2018

How about a Spielberg Cinematic Universe - Indy's new McGuffin is Hammond's amber-mosquito from Jurassic Park and the Crystal Skulls tie into the martians from War of the Worlds.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - rexbanner - 07-10-2018

I cannot overstate how much I hate it that Chris Pratt has forever been the the go-to name for replacing Ford.

Pratt's a good, charming actor, but he epitomises that modern at-once-more-bumbling-and-mildly-self-deprecating-but-also-rippling-with-deep-down-bro-arrogance-and-biceps that's totally at odds with the rangy, quick-witted, cynical, but ultimately quite vulnerable Indiana Jones character.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Pither - 07-10-2018

(07-10-2018, 02:21 PM)shaunh Wrote: Spielberg mentioned a female Indy. Reboot chronologically, starting with Doom:

Indy - Laura Dern
Short Round - Kelly Marie Tran
Willie Scott - John Boyega

Does Boyega sing? Because now I kind of want his rendition of "Anything Goes."

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Stale Elvis - 07-10-2018

Nobody ever believes me when I say Seann William Scott would be perfect for the role Sad

[Image: zttb36.jpg]

[Image: 1zn1h7c.jpg]

[Image: scsxsh.jpg]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - The Dark Shape - 07-10-2018

(07-10-2018, 02:11 PM)fatherdude Wrote: How long until they start talking about how Ford won't be in the WHOLE movie, exactly...

I feel like this could actually be the opposite situation? That they were planning to work in a new Indy with Ford splitting duties, but SOLO's giving Disney cold feet and they aren't confident audiences will turn up for a younger replacement.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - rexbanner - 07-10-2018

I agree, and that's an amazing bit of animation, but pointing to this and saying 'make this' is a tall fucking order.

It's like when folk post under trailers on YouTube saying stuff like 'The trailer's better than the film!', 'This feels more like _________ than the movie does!', or 'Why couldn't the guys who cut this together have made the actual film?!' 

It's easy to make a two minute, abstract selection of 10 second vignettes that haven't been thought through beyond 'something like what Indiana Jones has done, or what he has done in new places' and have it feel really Indiana Jones-ey. A two minute trailer/opening that blasts you with umpteen bits of condensed Indy magic is going to feel more like Indiana Jones than any individual two minutes of even Raiders (except maybe the bit where he rams Belloq, Toht, and Dietrich off the road, that's so fucking sweet).

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Misfit - 07-10-2018

It's kind of funny that I'm looking forward to a movie and my kid, who is not yet born, will be nearly three when it comes out.

Anyway, if you eventually recast, get some symmetry and get Oscar Isaac to do it.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Jones - 07-10-2018

Yeah, Isaac is a good call. Someone with that gritty charisma, tied in with a great script, with some movie magic sprinkled over the top. How hard can it be?!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 07-11-2018

While I'd rather they just retire the character, I'll go along with the Oscar Isaac casting. That's pretty fandamntastic, actually.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - shaunh - 07-11-2018

But then they'd have to cast all children to act alongside him in order for him to look like a proper man.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Codename - 07-11-2018

This movie's never happening.

And that's a good thing.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bartleby_scriven - 07-11-2018

So we're agreed Oscar Isaac passes for white then?

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - boone daniels - 07-11-2018

I'd take that long-rumored Rocketeer sequel with a girl Rocketeer before this.

Isaac is a good idea. Y'all nuts with this "omg he's so short." Actors ARE short. The tall ones are the exceptions.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Codename - 07-11-2018

(07-11-2018, 09:28 AM)boone daniels Wrote: I'd take that long-rumored Rocketeer sequel with a girl Rocketeer before this.

That's a Disney Junior cartoon in the pipeline actually.

https://deadline.com/2018/02/the-rocketeer-disney-channel-1202304023/

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - boone daniels - 07-11-2018

Oh, I didn't know that was the plot of the series. I knew that was what they had talked about for a sequel.