The Trouble City Forums
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=155331)

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 10-19-2019

RAIDERS OF THE LOST BLADDER CONTROL

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 10-19-2019

RAIDERS OF THE LOST AARP.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Belloq87 - 10-19-2019

(10-19-2019, 11:39 AM)Judas Booth Wrote: RAIDERS OF THE LOST AARP.

This is a quality comment.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - MichaelM - 10-19-2019

(10-19-2019, 11:39 AM)Judas Booth Wrote: RAIDERS OF THE LOST AARP.
[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - cd underbelly - 10-19-2019

Raiders of the Last Arc

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - hammerhead - 10-19-2019

INDIANA JONES AND THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE

INDIANA JONES AND THE $25,000 PYRAMID

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Stale Elvis - 10-19-2019

Indiana Jones and the Recycled Indiana Jones Jokes Regarding Old Age From Back In 2008.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 10-19-2019

Oh, I know. The AARP one is the only one I remember from all of that.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - hammerhead - 10-19-2019

Indiana Jones and We Already Thought He Was Too Old Back Then

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Stale Elvis - 10-19-2019

Indiana Jones and the Flying Spaghetti Monster made me wet myself laughing. Then I found out the Flying Spaghetti Monster was an actual thing.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - history buff - 10-19-2019

Indiana Jones and the "I'm too old for this shit" giff with an 80s Danny Glover.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 10-27-2019

Food for thought:

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 10-27-2019

I love that video. Now I'd like to see all three of them done with his face just for laughs.

The RAIDERS opening needed more polish, though.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 10-27-2019

I mean... Selleck DID say yes...

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Judas Booth - 10-27-2019

Technically, yeah. He also said yes to Magnum beforehand, and he opted to honor that contract as he'd signed it first.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - filmnerdjamie - 10-27-2019

CBS blocked him from doing it.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - atomtastic - 10-27-2019

They need to do one with Nolte, Kurt, Tim Matheson, Peter Coyote, Chevy Chase...

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 10-27-2019

Peter Coyote?

Yeah baby!

Christopher Reeve was offered and turned it down.

(10-27-2019, 02:54 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: CBS blocked him from doing it.

He could have wriggled his way out of that if he'd tried.  He was encouraged to do so.  Instead, he did the right thing and upheld his agreement.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - first class 782 - 10-27-2019

Good, because Magnum, PI was the TRUTH.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - rexbanner - 10-27-2019

3 things.

1. I've not seen Temple of Doom in about 10 years, and I'd forgotten how fucking *ripped* Ford was.

2. I'd never trade Ford, but Selleck was a good casting choice too.

3. Christopher Walken as Han Solo!

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 10-27-2019

Who goes 10 years without watching Temple of Doom??

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - fraid uh noman - 10-27-2019

Not I!

The only one I went ten years without seeing was Crystal Skull. It won't be near that long before I watch it again..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 10-27-2019

I was over thirty before I finally watched Temple of Doom.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - bradito - 10-27-2019

Get out of here!

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to be traumatized by Temple of Doom when they were like 5-6 Sad

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Overlord - 10-27-2019

(10-27-2019, 06:46 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to be traumatized by Temple of Doom when they were like 5-6 Sad

Temple of Doom, Gremlins, and Ghostbusters were among the first five movies I saw in the theater.

Can confirm traumatized.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 10-27-2019

TEMPLE OF DOOM was my first Indy movie. I was 8. Not traumatized, but ecstatic

It wouldn’t be until years later that I found out RAIDERS was the first film and not a sequel.

Despite what people would have you believe these days, I think it's good to scare the shit out of kids with certain movies. I look back fondly on those memories..

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - commodorejohn - 10-27-2019

(10-27-2019, 07:33 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Despite what people would have you believe these days, I think it's good to scare the shit out of kids with certain movies. I look back fondly on those memories..
Definitely. The stuff that scared the shit out of me as a kid was as irreplaceable a part of my childhood as the things that thrilled me in a more positive manner.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - Paul755 - 10-27-2019

I’ve seen bits and pieces of it but I haven’t watched Temple of Doom since Crystal Skull came out.

I try to hit Raiders and Last Crusade at least once a year.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - hammerhead - 10-28-2019

(10-27-2019, 07:33 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: It wouldn’t be until years later that I found out RAIDERS was the first film and not a sequel.

If I've got the timeline right, you would have been 8 around the time that the home video releases were being numbered "chronologically," with RAIDERS sitting between TOD and TLC on the shelf (and the Young Indy Adventures comprising the first 20 "volumes" or so). So it's not entirely your fault.

RE: INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion - mr. stockslivevan - 10-28-2019

It was years before those VHS releases with the chapter spines. I watched them from old video recordings my grandfather taped off of HBO airings. TOD just happened to be my first Indy flick, and then when I watched RAIDERS next and saw the 1936 burn in subtitle I figured at the time that was the sequel.