The Trouble City Forums
WATCHMEN Draft: Round One - Richard Dickson vs. Huntertarantino - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: The Citizens (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Forum: Drafts & Lists (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: WATCHMEN Draft: Round One - Richard Dickson vs. Huntertarantino (/showthread.php?tid=161772)

WATCHMEN Draft: Round One - Richard Dickson vs. Huntertarantino - Pither - 01-03-2020

Richard Dickson:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4136]   

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4139]   

(12-16-2019, 03:00 PM)huntertarantino Wrote:
FROM THE DIRECTOR OF "ROBOCOP" AND THE PRODUCERS OF "DIE HARD" ...
A STRIKING VISION OF THE AWARD-WINNING GRAPHIC NOVEL 

Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox Present
A Gordon Company/Silver Pictures Production

W A T C H M E N

Sally Jupiter/Silk Spectre I - Ellen Burstyn
[Image: resurrection-burstyn.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_C...3524777665]

Walter Kovacs/Rorschach - Jeffrey Combs
[Image: 0fac355b0b4c32a3f5b6af1e98d24cf42c6e1036_hq.jpg]

Laurie Juspeczyk/Silk Spectre II - Melanie Griffith
[Image: SOMETHING_WILD_3_REASONS_STILL_original.jpg]

Hollis Mason/Nite Owl I - Fred Gwynne
[Image: fred-gwynne-cotton.jpg]

Edward Blake/The Comedian - Dennis Hopper
[Image: tumblr_ou6dulqFQB1qaihw2o1_r1_400.png]

Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias - Raul Julia
[Image: raul.jpg]

Dan Dreiberg/Nite Owl II - Kevin Kline
[Image: 272889-110804-cry-freedom.jpg]

Edgar Jacobi/Moloch the Mystic - Anthony Perkins
[Image: Edge-of-Sanity-1989-Movie-Perkins-5.jpg]

Jon Osterman/Dr. Manhattan - Peter Weller
[Image: MV5BMGM3ZGU0ZWItNGM5Yy00N2EyLTk0NDMtMzJk...@._V1_.jpg]

Also Starring:
Young Silk Spectre I/Sally Jupiter - Jennifer Connelly
Big Figure - Phil Fondacaro
Detective Fine - Dan Hedaya
Janey Slater - Penelope Ann Miller
Detective Bourquin - David Rasche
Dr. Malcolm Long - Forest Whitaker

Music by Jerry Goldsmith
Based on the graphic novel by Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons published by DC Comics
Screenplay by Edward Neumeier & Michael Miner and Jeffrey Boam
Produced by Lawrence Gordon, Joel Silver, and Charles Gordon
Directed by Paul Verhoeven

ACADEMY AWARD WINNER - Best Cinematography (Jost Vacano)
ACADEMY AWARD WINNER - Best Costume Design (Erica Edell Phillips)
ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE - Best Supporting Actor (Jeffrey Combs)
ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE - Best Visual Effects
ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE - Best Sound
ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE - Best Sound Editing

RE: WATCHMEN Draft: Round One - Richard Dickson vs. Huntertarantino - arjen rudd - 01-05-2020

Dan - Hurt V Kline: Both were options for me, but I pick Kline, as Hurt is a natural Manhattan and likely better as Veidt too. HUNTER

Comedian - Farina V Hopper: I like them both. Farina has the exact look, Hopper would pull off the scary crazy stuff like nobody else. I'm checking on the Sallys to see which one feels like a better fit, and I think Burstyn paired with Hopper sounds absolutely wild. HUNTER

Veidt - Brosnan V Julia: Brosnan is a very adept choice, though perhaps a little on the (patrician) nose. Julia is a wild card that seems extremely fun, and the guy pretty much always rose to the occasion. HUNTER

Rorschach - Henriksen V Combs: Tough! Really tough. I love Henriksen's voice and look, that's a terrifically threatening Rorschach, while Combs is a very different take, though one that really works. Much more vulnerable, probably more interesting. Loved his knockoff Rorschach character on Justice League (The Question). On the other hand, Henriksen is much more convincing as someone who kicks the shit out of criminals nightly. I'm sorry, it's a DRAW

Laurie - Moore V Griffith: Both natural choices, and though I think Griffith has a slightly more appropriate look, I just generally prefer Demi Moore as an actress and as a presence. Seems more like Carter's daughter than Griffith seems like Burstyn's. DICKSON

Sally - Carter V Burstyn: That said, Burstyn takes this handily. She'd have been my first choice for the role. HUNTER

Hollis - Douglas V Gwynne: I think I see Douglas in the role a bit more. A bit old, but then, who's more vital than Kirk Douglas, currently 103 years old? DICKSON

Moloch: Lee V Perkins: Cool face off here, some absolute horror legends. I think Perkins serves the text a bit more, and pairing him with Combs might be interesting. HUNTER

Manhattan - Shepard V Weller: Weller is the best Manhattan of the draft. HUNTER

Two of the best drafts, I think. Hunter gets my vote though, and I suspect he'll be tough to beat in this one.