The Trouble City Forums
VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - Printable Version

+- The Trouble City Forums (http://citizens.trouble.city)
+-- Forum: Main Street (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focused Film Discussion (http://citizens.trouble.city/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release (/showthread.php?tid=162820)

Pages: 1 2 3

VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - kyle reese 2 - 08-02-2021

The old thread seems to be deleted when I click on it from search.

New trailer looks fun. Woody transforming is suitably gross. The way he acquires the symbiote is hilariously dumb.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - bradito - 08-02-2021

Delicious!

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - freeman - 08-02-2021

I had the same search issue this morning, weird af.

So this looks fine. It looks fun in the way the first movie was. This character called Venom looks and acts nothing at all like my idea of Venom.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - Nooj - 08-02-2021

More Little Symbiote Of Horrors

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - freeman - 08-02-2021

When I think of that character I think of aggression, and it's single-minded hatred and obsession with Peter Parker.

It's weird to me that "Venom" fans are perfectly OK with completely changing all of the context behind the character and his entire personality just so long as the CGI blob "Looks" sort of like Venom(no white chest Spider).

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - simbob - 08-02-2021

YThe big lower jaw, especially on Carnage, really reminds me of the comic Venom The Hunger. Some of the things they're doing visually also remind me of it; that comic probably did more weirder things with Venom visually than any other. 

[Image: 52cd0419620d5d20ba5a65ad8f305ef6.jpg]

[Image: GOeEuxHVRczLPiXXYwuvcxMcPtEHV8v6KmlcYs3z...s6f-CYX=s0]

[Image: 9ea222328472a1626c520178a7daeeb3._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg]

(08-02-2021, 08:45 PM)freeman Wrote: When I think of that character I think of aggression, and it's single-minded hatred and obsession with Peter Parker.  

It's weird to me that "Venom" fans are perfectly OK with completely changing all of the context behind the character and his entire personality just so long as the CGI blob "Looks" sort of like Venom(no white chest Spider).

I kind of can't imagine anyone that actually read comics in the '90s give all that much of a shit about Venom stories without Spider-Man being made. Spider-Man doesn't play a role in much of any of those Venom comics.

I honestly like that it's a buddy movie about a boy and his alien symbiote costume. In the comics he's just a super Xenomorph. Here, he's a well-meaning dude who's bonded with a space monster that busts his balls and wants to eat everyone.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - fraid uh noman - 08-02-2021

(08-02-2021, 09:07 PM)bradito Wrote: I honestly like that it's a buddy movie about a boy and his alien symbiote costume. In the comics he's just a super Xenomorph. Here, he's a well-meaning dude who's bonded with a space monster that busts his balls and wants to eat everyone.

When you put it like that...I like it even more!

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - headless fett - 08-02-2021

The more accurate title should be VENOM: LET THERE BE (Only 20 Minutes Of) CARNAGE

I probably won't be seeing this one either.

I liked his mullet in the comics.

Did the symbiote absorb Cletus' Ronald McDonald wig? Is that why he's red and Harrelson's hair changed? Is this important to the plot??

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - shan - 08-02-2021

It's been said before by many but Upgrade was by far the best Venom movie of 2018. If you haven't seen it yet, you should definitely consider it.

It certainly was vastly superior in the script department. Would not surprise me if the cost of it was less than Venom's catering budget.

It'll be better than this too.

Venom was the better Venom movie of 2018 because it had Venom in it.

But Upgrade was a better movie..

Ah, good. The derailing has begun.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - shan - 08-02-2021

Any opportunity however tangential to promote one of the best films I've seen in a long time and definitely vastly better than its big budget analogues are definitely ones I'm going to take.

Also STEM > Movie Venom (and much more like comic Venom than its movie equivalent).

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - ska oreo - 08-02-2021

Yeah I think anyone who wants 1995 edgelord venom is woefully out of touch. Making Venom into a fucking nerd is the best case scenario.

Also I’m with Bradito here: this looks fine. You’ve settled for worst—you guys actively like the MCU films after all.

We're still talking about Venom!

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - mr. stockslivevan - 08-03-2021

I already love this movie and rank it above all of MCU motherfuckers.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - Fafhrd - 08-03-2021

(08-02-2021, 11:24 PM)shan Wrote: It's been said before by many but Upgrade was by far the best Venom movie of 2018. If you haven't seen it yet, you should definitely consider it.

It certainly was vastly superior in the script department. Would not surprise me if the cost of it was less than Venom's catering budget.

It'll be better than this too.

Oh hey I found Shan's AVClub account.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - shan - 08-03-2021

It's not difficult. My AV Club used to be "Shan".

Then the Kinjapocalypse happened and I was never going back but quite by chance, I saw someone asking for the name of a webcomic which I knew the name of (from the description they were giving) because I've read it and know the author a bit (Cura Te Ipsum) so I originally made a new account (for actually io9) I think just to answer that one question.

Somehow, I ended up being sucked back into posted. Kind of like back here too after some *long* breaks.

Just in case there's any doubts out there (I doubt it), you're not dealing with a master spy here.

edit:

P.S. Because I like the environment, I totally recycle material too.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - jdc8 - 08-03-2021

My three criteria for seeing this movie are: supporting movies filmed in the SF Bay Area, supporting movies released to local movie theaters, and I have a co-worker who is a big 90's Venom fan.

Nice to see the LED wave pattern lights on the new Bay Bridge in the background.

The only other S.F. Bay Area Marvel heroes I can think of are the Jessica Drew Spider-Woman and the Shroud. Oh, and Daredevil relocated to S.F. For a while in the mid-2000s.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - cd underbelly - 08-03-2021

Oh new trailer? How convenent. I just got done finally opening my Disney Store exclusive Marvel Select Carnage figure. The only real reason I wanted it is because it comes with an alternate head that's a an extendo twisty thing right out of Evil Dead.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - freeman - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 12:07 AM)shan Wrote: It's not difficult. My AV Club used to be "Shan".

Then the Kinjapocalypse happened and I was never going back but quite by chance, I saw someone asking for the name of a webcomic which I knew the name of (from the description they were giving) because I've read it and know the author a bit (Cura Te Ipsum) so I originally made a new account (for actually io9) I think just to answer that one question.

Somehow, I ended up being sucked back into posted. Kind of like back here too after some *long* breaks.

Just in case there's any doubts out there (I doubt it), you're not dealing with a master spy here.

edit:

But what's wrong with Knives Out?

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - splatoon - 08-03-2021

Boy I hope this is mostly just a buddy comedy with a few token fight scenes thrown in because that CG stuff all just looks...woof. The nose bit got a genuine laugh though, so if WoM is decent I'm probably in. Much like with Suicide Squad, they seem to be taking a rocky start and course-correcting nicely, and considering the first one was borderline OK I'm hoping they can pull it off. I genuinely like how weirdly invested Tom Hardy seems to be in what could be a totally disposable "superhero" role.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - arjen rudd - 08-03-2021

Looks like fun. Not good, exactly, but fun.

I'll see it!

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - MichaelM - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 01:23 AM)freeman Wrote: But what's wrong with Knives Out?

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - shan - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 01:23 AM)freeman Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 12:07 AM)shan Wrote: It's not difficult. My AV Club used to be "Shan".

edit:

But what's wrong with Knives Out?

Though I allow for a degree of sacrificing accuracy in the interests of storytelling, I believe the director when too far in the areas of medicine and law especially to produce a reality defying outcome as a result. I also didn't find the characters that were supposed to be sympathetic/sided with anything but nor most of the so called antagonists particularly unreasonable for how they were treated. I do believe I've written a few words on the subject earlier. I basically found it trying to be a smart film for stupid people.

Also, I later saw Rian Johnson in an interview clearly lying about The Empire Strikes Back in order to try and boost his grossly subpar attempt at a Star Wars film at which point I wished Mark Hamill who was sitting next to him knocked him the fuck out!

(08-03-2021, 10:03 AM)MichaelM Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 01:23 AM)freeman Wrote: But what's wrong with Knives Out?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Too late!

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - bradito - 08-03-2021

Anyway, I watched the trailer again and noticed in one scene that Tom Hardy's wearing a Mumford Phys. Ed. shirt and a Detroit Lyons jacket.

He's dressed like Axel Foley in "Beverly Hills Cop 2" is what I'm saying.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - Chaz Rock City - 08-04-2021

I plan on seeing this for the off beat chemistry Eddie and Venom have.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - the nz natural - 08-04-2021

Not gonna lie - legit LOLed at "Oh shit! It's a red one!"
But shan't be catching in cinemas.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - shan - 08-04-2021

(08-04-2021, 01:52 AM)the nz natural Wrote: Not gonna lie - legit LOLed at "Oh shit! It's a red one!"

We aren't going to be catching anything in the cinema in NSW* for some time at best.

God fucking damn it.

(*edit: Greater Sydney at least)

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - freeman - 08-04-2021

Quote:Also, I later saw Rian Johnson in an interview clearly lying about The Empire Strikes Back in order to try and boost his grossly subpar attempt at a Star Wars film at which point I wished Mark Hamill who was sitting next to him knocked him the fuck out!

You thought this was just going to get thrown out there without being challenged? YOUNG, fool...

Don't make me post the montage of Hamill saying "In the end Rian was right about everything. Rian was ALWAYS right."

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - the nz natural - 08-04-2021

(08-04-2021, 02:08 AM)shan Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 01:52 AM)the nz natural Wrote: Not gonna lie - legit LOLed at "Oh shit!  It's a red one!"

We aren't going to be catching anything in the cinema in NSW* for some time at best.

God fucking damn it.

(*edit: Greater Sydney at least)

Rumours swirl that Wollongong and the Central Coast may be released from this "you're Greater Sydney" horseshit a bit sooner if numbers continue to hold steady.  I'll believe it when I see it (common sense?!  THIS government?!), but since Shang Chi isn't getting the Disney+ release, it would be nice to be out of lockdown by September 3rd.  For the movie, anyway.  Happy to stay in lockdown for everything else, especially working from home.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - shan - 08-04-2021

(08-04-2021, 02:09 AM)freeman Wrote:
Quote:Also, I later saw Rian Johnson in an interview clearly lying about The Empire Strikes Back in order to try and boost his grossly subpar attempt at a Star Wars film at which point I wished Mark Hamill who was sitting next to him knocked him the fuck out!

You thought this was just going to get thrown out there without being challenged? YOUNG, fool...

Don't make me post the montage of Hamill saying "In the end Rian was right about everything. Rian was ALWAYS right."

With or without the laser sight trained on him from the off-screen sniper visible in the shot?

The Last Jedi - the film that fractured the fan base and ended up costing them hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars as a result.

Great work everyone involved.

And being a shitty subpar version of an episode of television made almost a decade and a half prior for about 1/100th of the cost.

But I believe there's a time and a place for this. Either The Last Jedi thread or the nearest septic tank will suffice.

RE: VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE Pre-release - freeman - 08-04-2021

(08-04-2021, 03:01 AM)shan Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 02:09 AM)freeman Wrote:

With or without the laser sight trained on him from the off-screen sniper visible in the shot?

The Last Jedi - the film that fractured the fan base and ended up costing them hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars as a result.

Great work everyone involved.

And being a shitty subpar version of an episode of television made almost a decade and a half prior for about 1/100th of the cost.

But I believe there's a time and a place for this. Either The Last Jedi thread or the nearest septic tank will suffice.

You can't just say "TLJ cost Disney billions of dollars" like that with absolutely zero evidence at all. Well, I mean you CAN. You're Shan.