Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norm Macdonald
Norm, Kevin Nealon and everyone's favorite, Dennis Miller, were on Spade's show the other night. Here's a clip where they reminisce about their days doing Update (worth seeing the whole way for Norm's stuff toward the end):

Okay, that was pretty damned funny.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

He looks terrible, like he’s aged 20 years.  Not sure what the cause is but sure hope he’s OK.

He's the only guy up there who isn't dying his hair.
While I think we all appreciate the efforts of 'I'm Not Norm', his latest endeavour, to sell t-shirts with the name and face of the original 'real jerk', is probably ill-advised.

Still waiting on those "NormCasts" to materialize.
Norm on the coronavirus. Gotta love that windbreaker.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B9sj1RZFcLX...3927gvi69n
"Till now."
Is that the first time Norm lied about his age in the other direction?
"I can taste the baby laxative"
Norm has a bit up on YouTube and Instagram with Adam Egret. Talks current events and future podcast.

The “Ya know what I stopped eating?” Joke is insanely perfect.
Norm makes everything better.

He means "ensign" though, right? Otherwise I'm missing a reference.
Oh yeah he means "ensign," or rather "ensign!"
Norm on Carolla talking about the darker lyrics of Kenny Rogers...
(Warning: some triggerable material in here.)

Triggerable like Uncle Terry in Da Nang?
I always felt like Carolla was one of Norm's best playmates. Not only because they have similar political sensibilities but because Carolla is so much quicker than almost anyone else Norm played off of.
(03-22-2020, 10:29 PM)Bucho Wrote: I always felt like Carolla was one of Norm's best playmates. Not only because they have similar political sensibilities but because Carolla is so much quicker than almost anyone else Norm played off of.

I think Carolla is become far more right wing than Norm is but yes they bounce so fucking well off each other. I heard those Kenny Rogers bits live years ago on Carolla's radio show. There is also a crazy story he told about having anal sex with his friends wife while he was outside mowing the lawn.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I haven't listened to Carolla regularly since 2015, what have I missed in terms of him becoming far more right wing?
His takes have increasingly slanted toward the right. I think it's because all those Fox guys have embraced him so much that all of those left wing opinions he used to have get tucked away. He also just did the an anti safe space documentary with Dennis Prager. I don't consider that only a Right Wing thing and from what I hear the doc does feature some lefty voices but I haven't seen it. On the other hand he does have that doc about the first black nascar driver coming out. He was having meetings with John Singleton about making an actual drama about it before he died.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
The Willy T. Ribbs doc is UPPITY. It’s on Netflix now. Keep meaning to give it a watch.
Ohh shit I didn't know it was out.
Yeah, I watched Uppity a couple of weeks ago, it's a good time. Ribbs wasn't just a shit-hot driver, he was a shit-talker too.
I fell off from Carolla around the time he fired Allison (she brought some balance to the show and after that it just skewed way too right for me) but he really has made some good docs. Really enjoyed the one on Newman's racing career. Patton Oswalt tweeted the other day praising a few of them, too.
Yeah Shelby American is up on Netflix as well.
Been listening to a lot of his old podcast appearances/radio interviews over the past few days. Just listened to one he did with Greg Ftizsimmons which I think I'd heard before but was still hilarious.

He tells a story about meeting Mickey Rooney, and Rooney describing his affections for Farrah Fawcett, that I cannot stop painfully laughing about.
Chevy talks with Norm...

Tom Hanks disease! I'm stealing that one.
Disagree with Norm. Maher is more telegenic.
Norms latest quarantine video is the best yet. His buddy is right, he doesn’t look great.

Favorite YT comment: "Most toothsome dish in all gastronomy."
Just re-listened to Norm's WTF with Maron yesterday (don't sweat the paywall, it's on YouTube) in which Marc described going up with Caroline Rhea to Norm's hotel room to watch Norm's first Letterman appearance with him, and Norm couldn't bring himself to watch it, instead laying face down on his bed.
"That's why they call it the other black meat."