Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Done

This thread has taught me that he was a passive aggressive horses ass to pretty much everyone.

First Kevin Spacey, now this.  No heroes.

AI didn't have any run-ins with him, but he was too mercurial to be the sole moderator here. I know he put in a lot of work for the site, but his temperament was not particularly well-suited to his role. He also seemed to enjoy exerting power in situations that didn't call for it, like telling people to stop discussing Alex Jones in a thread in the politics forum because he didn't like him, or forbidding people to discuss certain plot points in Mindhunter because he didn't want to read about it.

I'm of the opinion that most people here are reasonable adults and mods aren't needed to give people internet timeouts. Banning obvious trolls and and shills spamming the boards is necessary, but I hope we can avoid situations where mods are able to ban others simply because they happen to not like particular posters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

I'm kind of surprised that Shaun hasn't weighed in yet.

His actions speak enough for themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

Shaun is more enlightened than us!

Now, if you don't mind:

Quote:

Originally Posted by erik myers View Post

I only resurrected it because I missed it the first time, and I was mentioned.

​Not THE erik myers??!!

A*bows*
AI'm assuming that's a pic of yourself that you used as your avatar. Anybody ever tell you that you look like Donnie Wahlberg?

I THINK SO TOO!!!

AThat’s a new one to me.

I don’t see it.

[Image: 400]

We're talking younger Donnie, rather than how he looks today.

Are you the guy that made all the posters?

AThat was Meyers87.

Yes...but this could be...this might be..(faints)...

ANah. I possess no such talents.
A[quote name="erik myers" url="/community/t/159655/im-done/510#post_4412445"]That’s a new one to me.

I don’t see it.

[Image: 400][/quote]
I still see it there.

Could be way worse. I get Hayden Christiansen. A LOT..

Man, this thread.

As won't surprise anyone, I tend to be nodding along with most of Schwartz's and Bailey's posts here. I also can understand how Jacknife's style and sometimes sudden spikes of verbal acidity weren't OK with folks.

I liked him as a poster and a mod. He contributed solidly to the film discussion, including attempting to bring attention to lesser known films. He was essentially the only mod we had a long time and helped clear out known trolls and shills.

I didn't agree with some of his decisions (including banning ShaunH). I agreed with others (banning Duke). Similar to what Bradito relayed, JJ and I exchanged occasional PMs. I can share that as others have surmised, the relationship with Nick was never great and grew increasingly more frustrating. Communication and consistent guidance and support simply weren't there. Plus being a mod is a crappy job regardless of the site. Someone is always pissed off at you. And as a parent to someone who came out as queer just under two years ago, I valued Jacknife's perspective on things (without elevating it to being representational of all LGBTQ folks).

Again, I understand not everyone had the same experience with him. And I agree that he wasn't always consistent or fair.

But I liked the guy, and I miss him.

DevilDoubt, I'll say I'm glad you're back but I have to confess your username isn't striking any bells for me. ShaunH, brother, you know I'm happy you're back.

Anyway. Carry on.

ETA: Kate/SamW/Harford/Etc.:

What Bart said. Fuck off and don't come back.

AJacknife is cool.

I resent you all.

But I will still let us fuck.
A[Image: 200.gif]
AGod yes.
AMy biggest gripe with JKJ was his tendency to engage in a conversation for just as long as it took him to realize people weren't going to totally start agreeing with him and then he'd just shut down and it always felt like it came from a place of "ok I'm tired of wasting my time with less intelligent beings....think what you want."
A“Hi, this movie you’re all talking about is completely beneath me and I refuse to see it, but let me tell you why you’re all wrong in whatever you’re saying about it.”
AWell, he didn't want to be left out of the convo.
AIn all honesty, I kept waiting for the post where he forgot who he was and left a "Fact!" curled up at the end.
AReally? I’m willing to go out on a limb and say that a fractious mod wasn’t a psychotic troll.
AYeah, let's be fair here. JKJ was not the warmest, cuddliest fellow to ever grace these boards, but CTM was a straight-up garbage person, and that's a very different thing.
AYeah, there's no way JKJ was CTM. That's just lunacy. I can't believe that we ever even got that far down this particular rabbit hole.

Honestly....if CTM had weaseled his way into getting mod powers....even for a little bit....do you think he would've kept himself in check as much JKJ did? Think about it..
A[quote name="commodorejohn" url="/community/t/159655/im-done/540#post_4412818"]Yeah, let's be fair here. JKJ was not the warmest, cuddliest fellow to ever grace these boards, but CTM was a straight-up garbage person, and that's a very different thing.[/quote]
Eh.

Being banned because you disagreed about a fucking Batman movie doesn’t paint an image of a good-natured human being.

Jesus Christ, you guys.

AMore than anyone here at CHUD....even Bradito....I wonder what JKJ really looks like lol..
A[quote name="MrSaxon" url="/community/t/159655/im-done/540#post_4412998"]Jesus Christ, you guys. 
[/quote]
I assume you weren’t ever banned for your opinion of a Batman movie.
A[quote name="Fraid uh noman" url="/community/t/159655/im-done/540#post_4413002"]More than anyone here at CHUD....even Bradito....I wonder what JKJ really looks like lol..[/quote]
I imagine Bradito looks like Channing Tatum’s more attractive and charismatic brother.
AI didn't even know that happened unless I had a major brain glitch. Which I've been known to have from time to time..
A[quote name="erik myers" url="/community/t/159655/im-done/540#post_4413006"]
I imagine Bradito looks like Channing Tatum’s more attractive and charismatic brother.[/quote]
I feel I need to know. So that I can picture someone other than Hot Rod going on all these awkward dates..
AThe dates are only awkward because he’s so far above their level.
AI wouldn't doubt that!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

More than anyone here at CHUD....even Bradito....I wonder what JKJ really looks like lol..

I have no idea why, but I always just pictured my favorite character Buddy Cole from Kids in the Hall.