Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Boards (Opinions/Suggestions/Bugs/HIGH FIVES)
Test Picture

[Image: 23-3.jpg]

Test Gif

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7866239]

Test Video

OK, to embed pictures/gifs/videos, select the PREVIEW POST button. Doing so opens up a new window where you have full edit controls similar to what we experienced on the old forum.
Alright, Joe fixed me up. Thanks to him, and fafhrd for setting me straight. Really appreciate it.
Sweet, I'm digging this!
Giving money to the studio that keeps enabling Adam Sandler is morally equivalent to Satanic kitten rape orgies. - Hypnotoad
(03-05-2018, 11:44 AM)bailey Wrote: Alright, Joe fixed me up.  Thanks to him, and fafhrd for setting me straight.  Really appreciate it.

Better get on that rep shit, Bailey.  You've got a lot of ground to make up to get back to where you were.
https://media.giphy.com/media/gw3IWyGkC0rsazTi/200w.gif

[Image: 200w.gif]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
The fact we all start again at zero rep is great.

We all bleed green here.

Would love to see the italics/bold/html feature incorporated into quick reply.

Oh, and I'm digging the all lowercase names. All lowercase is how I do a lot of my blogging, so it feels apt.
home taping is killing music
Speaking of rep: is there a way to see what the 'rep rating' is on an individual post? Am I blind and just not seeing it?
(03-05-2018, 10:41 AM)martianman Wrote: Is the Miscellaneous forum coming back? Where the Theme Park thread, Going to the Gym thread, etc. were? Or am I just not seeing it because I'm old and blind?

(03-05-2018, 10:46 AM)richard dickson Wrote: I don't see it either.  And I tried searching for "theme park" to see if the thread got moved somewhere else and no dice there either.

I'm glad it's not just me, because I can't find the theme park thread either!

I would hope there's a way it can return, because there was a lot of great discussion that happened in there.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Theme park thread was essential.
home taping is killing music
(03-05-2018, 11:19 AM)mondguy Wrote: How did you embed a .GIF you sorcerer?
(03-05-2018, 11:21 AM)judas booth Wrote: How do you embed a picture or video for that matter?
(03-05-2018, 11:24 AM)mondguy Wrote: Half (okay, three quarters) of my posts are reaction .GIFs, so I'm facing a steep difficulty slope.

Luckily (unluckily?) for you all, I'm a .gif whore who can't communicate online without them.
Most of you are likely using Quick Reply instead of New Reply, which will give you a menu like that of old.
Photo 
(03-05-2018, 11:46 AM)judas booth Wrote: Better get on that rep shit, Bailey.  You've got a lot of ground to make up to get back to where you were.

[Image: Sisyphus-Overcoming-Silhouette.png]

I don't have it in me to post like that anymore.  Hopefully my old rep will live in memory.  A story people tell their children while they're sitting around a fire eating McRibs, or something.
Huzzah! We made it. I feel like we should have a Citizenship ceremony for all the immigrants.

I have been working 16 hour days this week as we finished up our musical. After I collapsed in my chair and found the forums down, I nearly wept. So glad to be back with you fine people.
"Wilford Brimley can't be bothered to accept praise. He doesn't act because he thinks people will enjoy his work. He acts because it's his goddamned job." --Will Harris, AV Club
When I click on the 'View New Posts' link at the top of the page I get this page prompt/window and must click the (Firefox58) 'Allow' button that pops in order to get to the next page.

Is this just a cookie/setting issue on my end?

Quote:Trouble.City Forums

Thank you, your search has been submitted and you will now be taken to the results list.
Click here if you don't want to wait any longer
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Photo 
.GIF test

[Image: 1138503.gif?b64lines=bXkgcmVwIQpNeSB2YWx1YWJsZSByZXAh]
(03-05-2018, 11:51 AM)belloq87 Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 10:41 AM)martianman Wrote: Is the Miscellaneous forum coming back? Where the Theme Park thread, Going to the Gym thread, etc. were? Or am I just not seeing it because I'm old and blind?

(03-05-2018, 10:46 AM)richard dickson Wrote: I don't see it either.  And I tried searching for "theme park" to see if the thread got moved somewhere else and no dice there either.

I'm glad it's not just me, because I can't find the theme park thread either!

I would hope there's a way it can return, because there was a lot of great discussion that happened in there.

Hey Guys! Yes that whole forum was turned off in the migration some how. I just enabled it back. That should have the posts your looking for!
Your friendly neighborhood lubricant is here. I know you thought I slipped through your fingers, but you were wrong.
Letterboxd Profile: https://letterboxd.com/wd40/

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

Normal people have such nuanced bad taste.
-Bradito
I believe Joe indicated trying to save old rep.
Rep was always a bit broken anyway, it being reset is fine. We had like two or three different scoring systems over the years.
My uppercase M went back to lowercase, but I understand that happens to lots of guys my age and can be corrected with medication.
I went in and fixed my caps. I know as an admin I can fix yours. At some point I’ll get a list of folks who wants names changed and do it.
Nick, you're the bestest!

From mrs axon (soon to be MrSaxon).

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
(03-05-2018, 12:02 PM)vtran Wrote: When I click on the 'View New Posts' link at the top of the page I get this page prompt/window and must click the (Firefox58) 'Allow' button that pops in order to get to the next page.

Quote:Trouble.City Forums

Thank you, your search has been submitted and you will now be taken to the results list.

I'm seeing that page too, but Chrome isn't requiring any additional action on my part.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
I'd say that fixing rep is a very low priority.

Great job on the site transition, Nick. I know how problematic these changes can be and this honestly looks to have been a very nice transition for the end user. I'm sure that there were plenty of headaches on your end to make it happen so please allow me to personally thank you for making it all happen.
Plan is to work on migrating the old rep back into new system. Also working on getting all historical private messages from old system into here as well. Just give me some time on those two. Those where a bit more complex. 

Also you may see all the images/attachments in your prior posts not working. I have a script that I am working on that will go thru and update all those URLs to the new image location. Also as anyone finds anything else from historical not showing up correctly just let me know so I can update the formatting on those to the new system!

Thanks
(03-05-2018, 12:09 PM)TroubleAdmin Wrote: Hey Guys! Yes that whole forum was turned off in the migration some how. I just enabled it back. That should have the posts your looking for!

Confirmed, I can see it now, thanks!
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(03-05-2018, 12:18 PM)TroubleAdmin Wrote: Plan is to work on migrating the old rep back into new system. Also working on getting all historical private messages from old system into here as well. Just give me some on those two. Those where a bit more complex. 

Also you may see all the images/attachments in your prior posts not working. I have a script that I am working on that will go thru and update all those URLs to the new image location. Also as anyone finds anything else from historical not showing up correctly just let me know so I can update the formatting on those to the new system!

Thanks

Kudos on a job well done.
(03-05-2018, 12:15 PM)Nick Nunziata Wrote: I went in and fixed my caps. I know as an admin I can fix yours. At some point I’ll get a list of folks who wants names changed and do it.

Cool, not a big deal at all of course. Just glad we're all still here, even the dirty sonsofbitches I don't like.
I actually feel as though it's better that we're all at 0 rep. Feels more like a fresh start.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
(03-05-2018, 12:16 PM)richard dickson Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 12:02 PM)vtran Wrote: When I click on the 'View New Posts' link at the top of the page I get this page prompt/window and must click the (Firefox58) 'Allow' button that pops in order to get to the next page.

Trouble.City Forums
Quote:Thank you, your search has been submitted and you will now be taken to the results list.

I'm seeing that page too, but Chrome isn't requiring any additional action on my part.

In about:config I changed the FF settings on 'accessibility.blockautorefresh' to 'false' (it was set to 'true' by default) and this seems to have solved the issue.
I'm not sure of the global website ramifications of this and I might change it back as I don't like the idea of 'autorefresh'....it's a control issue I have.  Wink
(03-05-2018, 12:21 PM)mrsaxon Wrote: I actually feel as though it's better that we're all at 0 rep. Feels more like a fresh start.

Seconded.  New site, new start.
(03-05-2018, 12:21 PM)mrsaxon Wrote: I actually feel as though it's better that we're all at 0 rep. Feels more like a fresh start.

That's true as well! Ill let Nick and you all figure that one out. If you want to bring in old or stay new.
Suggestion:

Survival is the name of the game, William. The scruffiest hippie is my messenger...do not expect radiant messengers of light. Expect the flawed, the maimed in body and spirit. It's all a film run backward...the Atom Bomb through the Manhattan Project to the formula...E=MC2.
(03-05-2018, 12:15 PM)mrsaxon Wrote: From mrs axon (soon to be MrSaxon).

From now on I'm going to be singing the Outkast hit, Mrs. Axon, to you when we're on Discord.
(03-05-2018, 12:24 PM)tzudohnihm Wrote: Suggestion:

+1
Yeah, echoing the same as others. Great work Joe and Nick! We are eternally grateful and indebted to you for carrying this community over to a new home.
Letterboxd Profile: https://letterboxd.com/wd40/

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

Normal people have such nuanced bad taste.
-Bradito