Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Boards (Opinions/Suggestions/Bugs/HIGH FIVES)

(03-07-2018, 10:19 AM)dalyn Wrote: Aw fuck it. Any other profile didn't feel right. If they wanted to find me, they would have found me by now.

Holy crap. Look everyone, it's Dalyn!

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
(03-07-2018, 10:19 AM)dalyn Wrote: Aw fuck it. Any other profile didn't feel right. If they wanted to find me, they would have found me by now.

Whew. This feels so much better.
Letterboxd Profile: https://letterboxd.com/wd40/

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

Normal people have such nuanced bad taste.
-Bradito
Great. Now it turns out that Booger Presley WAS a sockpuppet after all.

You made liars out of a few of us, Dalyn.
Survival is the name of the game, William. The scruffiest hippie is my messenger...do not expect radiant messengers of light. Expect the flawed, the maimed in body and spirit. It's all a film run backward...the Atom Bomb through the Manhattan Project to the formula...E=MC2.
Man, take it out on Booger Presley. He's the asshole here, not me.
Princess Presley
Creepy Thin Booger

(i keed, i keed)
home taping is killing music
Hi folks. How do you set it so that when you click on a thread it goes to the next new post instead of the first post in that thread every time? Thank!
(03-07-2018, 12:13 PM)teitr styrr Wrote: Hi folks. How do you set it so that when you click on a thread it goes to the next new post instead of the first post in that thread every time? Thank!

Use the green arrow at the front of the post on the far left.
Survival is the name of the game, William. The scruffiest hippie is my messenger...do not expect radiant messengers of light. Expect the flawed, the maimed in body and spirit. It's all a film run backward...the Atom Bomb through the Manhattan Project to the formula...E=MC2.
Click the green arrow to the left of the thread title.
[Image: Green-Arrow-%2315-cover_Gallery_58813e5b...064325.jpg]
Oh my goodness, thanks! I don't think I would have ever figured that out. Spent an hour trying to figure it out last night. And if there's no green arrow, no new posts! Thank again!
What's with the SteveHauk fan art?
What do you mean 'What's with the SteveHauk fan art?'
askin for a friend..
'Ask Klingon or Krell, my posts are swell'
(03-07-2018, 12:23 PM)tzudohnihm Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 12:13 PM)teitr styrr Wrote: Hi folks. How do you set it so that when you click on a thread it goes to the next new post instead of the first post in that thread every time? Thank!

Use the green arrow at the front of the post on the far left.

Thanks, was just coming here to ask about this.

And just admit it Steve, you're Green Arrow.
*looks at Steve Hauk's profile pic*
*looks at Green Arrow pic*
*looks back at Steve Hauk's profile pic*
Quote:Just wondering, is it possible to link an old user account to a current active email and also change the main username at the same time? Old email I used to originally sign up is long gone and inaccessible, plus I ended up hating the username I was stuck with as it was a tribute to someone who turned out to be a monster. Not a big deal or anything, if not possible then I can just use this new account instead. Thanks

Gee, I wonder what that's like.

Honestly, though, I've come to terms with my CHUD/Trouble City handle. I justify it by the fact that it's not actually a reference to the man/monster himself, but to a parody of him that he hated and cease-and-desisted into oblivion. So for now, at least, against all good sense and decency, I remain Curiosity Cosby.
Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
Reposting for the folks that are just showing up. Sorry for the repost to those that have read it.

(03-06-2018, 12:16 PM)wd40 Wrote: Summary of board tips:

Switching to dark mode
Chrome/Firefox: Owl or Dark Reader plugin. Personally, I tried both, and they work just fine. Dark Reader seems to have more customizable options and it seems a bit easier to customize the pages that use it and the pages that don't. Just search Google and it's very easy to find and install. Once installed, you'll an icon next to your search bar that allows you to change settings with.
Safari: Turn off the Lights plugin. This only seems to work with OS 10.12 and higher. I can't seem to find a different plugin. And I believe Dark Mode is too "system-wide" to rely on it, but you may have more success with that.

Navigating to new posts in threads you've already visited
From the list of topics, there should be a green arrow next to the topic name. This should show up when new posts have been added since your last visit to the thread. Some people have expressed that this does not work all the time, however.

Quick Reply vs. New Reply
Quick reply is fickle for me, so I don't use it often anyway, but if you want to attach an image or have full customization capability in your post, click on the New Reply button.

Image embedding
Once you click on "New Reply," go to below the post box, and you'll see a section for Attachments. You can click on Browse, find your image, and then click on Add Attachment. You'll then have the option to Remove or Insert Into Post. If you click Insert, you'll see it pop up at the top of the text box and it will say something like, "attachment=25." As long as you copy that entire bit, you can move it wherever you want in the message.

Spoiler Tag
As far I understand, this is not included in the default settings for MyBB, but it can be added to the CSS. I would imagine we can get that once the boards are running more smoothly. I suppose for now we just need to be clear and considerate about spoilers.
Letterboxd Profile: https://letterboxd.com/wd40/

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

Normal people have such nuanced bad taste.
-Bradito

(03-07-2018, 12:59 PM)dalyn Wrote: *looks at Steve Hauk's profile pic*
*looks at Green Arrow pic*
*looks back at Steve Hauk's profile pic*

I get it. I thot my artwork posted around here was being called of 'fan art' quality.
(03-07-2018, 06:19 AM)cd underbelly Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 02:55 AM)bucho Wrote: I'm running a Show No Sigs/Chrome Dark Reader game around the new joint and it's working out real nice. Real clean.

Y U NO show sigs? I can see your sig. You can't see your own sig?

I can't see no sigs, a sig is a guy that can't get no love from me, hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, tryin' to holler at me.
Do you know how long it took me to get set up again here!? Ten minutes! TEN MINUTES!!
/gideongraves

Well, that was a stressful moment; glad I found my way through. Now back to being buried with work, with the occasional stolen lurk of a page now and then! Keep up the good Chewing, people. 

And thanks, Nick! And Nick's web guy(s)!
"Perhaps no one can be really a good appreciating pagan who has not once been a bad puritan." -- Randolph Bourne
installed the Dark Reader add-on on FF58. Working good so far and a bit easier on the eyes.

Admittedly, I am not a fan of the color orange but the DR add-on has a slider that allows you to de-tint/destaturate the orange so you can go black/white/grayscale if you should choose to. If they had a hue slider in there to change selective colors (back to green...I like green) we'd be good to go.

It's worth checking out.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
How do you post pictures? So we're all ready when Trump's dickpics leak.
Click the Preview Post button instead of the Post Reply button and it will give you more menu options.
Also, you can add attachments. But I use the Image Link option and add the preferred size (trying to keep the images in the "medium" sized range).
frankiesmithart.com
INPRNT Shop (for prints)

"I like arguments" 
Prince

(03-07-2018, 05:23 PM)shaunh Wrote: Click the Preview Post button instead of the Post Reply button and it will give you more menu options.

Or New Reply.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Mobile version? I can't squint at this forum between meetings as easily as I got spoiled with on CHUD mobile!
(03-07-2018, 05:11 PM)bradito Wrote: How do you post pictures? So we're all ready when Trump's dickpics leak.

At the very bottom when posting there is an attachment section. You can choose the image from your computer then click the ADD on the far right. After you add it you then have the option to insert it into your post! If you dont insert it into your post it will by default just show the image at the bottom of your post....

Hope that helps
New board seems okay. I don't mind white and orange but the posts are *really* white, to the point of looking kind of empty, a bit more shading for visual variety wouldn't hurt.

Is there no way of showing rep on individual posts? Seeing which posts are clicking with people was always the main point of interest with rep for me.

And I guess there's no way of getting capital letters back in usernames?
(03-08-2018, 06:47 AM)paul c Wrote: And I guess there's no way of getting capital letters back in usernames?

(03-05-2018, 12:15 PM)Nick Nunziata Wrote: I went in and fixed my caps. I know as an admin I can fix yours. At some point I’ll get a list of folks who wants names changed and do it.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
Ah I see, thanks
A big thank you to Nick for keeping the board alive. Smile
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>
~I've installed the Firefox add-on of this 'dark mode',quick and easy, puts a little on/off button on the top edge of browser. Gotta say I wasn't loving the white of new site, and this makes it look very much like the old Chud design with the whole page's white being changed to black, with white lettering and orange borders and highlights. This will make me more comfortable in browsing--was having trouble reading stuff. So thanks to all for the turn on.
~I notice our avatars can be animated gifs if they're small enuff--super!
We're working on a different theme you so you can choose.
Bug ?

I was in the process of writing a reply and noticed the 'get more' option on the smilies to the left of the main text box. Clicking it is a dead link and just brings up a blank page.

FF 58
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
You probably didn't have an interesting enough reply!