Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Boards (Opinions/Suggestions/Bugs/HIGH FIVES)
(03-08-2018, 02:14 PM)vtran Wrote: Bug ?

I was in the process of writing a reply and noticed the 'get more' option on the smilies to the left of the main text box. Clicking it is a dead link and just brings up a blank page.

FF 58

I have the same problem. It appears to be Firefox-specific because it works fine in Chrome. I get the same issue when I try to add reputation in Firefox, but again giving rep in Chrome works.
Letterboxd Profile: https://letterboxd.com/wd40/

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

Normal people have such nuanced bad taste.
-Bradito
Nick, I know this is the laziest request ever, but can we get a button to the main TC site somewhere?

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
(03-08-2018, 02:34 PM)wd40 Wrote:

I was in the process of writing a reply and noticed the 'get more' option on the smilies to the left of the main text box. Clicking it is a dead link and just brings up a blank page.

FF 58

I have the same problem. It appears to be Firefox-specific because it works fine in Chrome. I get the same issue when I try to add reputation in Firefox, but again giving rep in Chrome works.

I tried giving rep in FF - it didn't work with 'Dark Reader' enabled....I turned it off and then tried it- no problem.
It's the same with the smilie problem.

DR off = OK
Dark Reader 'on' = broken.

This would seem to indicate that it might be the Dark Reader add-on but I've only tested it on one of my computers.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
What was the consensus on housecleaning stuff? The 'Uncle Mitch' subheadings kinda date the place.
(03-08-2018, 02:41 PM)vtran Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 02:34 PM)wd40 Wrote:

FF 58

I tried giving rep in FF - it didn't work with 'Dark Reader' enabled....I turned it off and then tried it- no problem.
It's the same with the smilie problem.

DR off = OK
Dark Reader 'on' = broken.

This would seem to indicate that it might be the Dark Reader add-on but I've only tested it on one of my computers.

Weird. I wondered if that was the case, but it still doesn't work for me when I disable Dark Reader. I'll keep playing around with it.

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

-Bradito
(03-08-2018, 03:05 PM)mrbananagrabber Wrote: What was the consensus on housecleaning stuff?  The 'Uncle Mitch' subheadings kinda date the place.

I'd be good with dropping them, but it's Nick's place and decision. They may hold sentimental value.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Going back to the old color scheme would help a lot. I could peruse more incognito at work (my editing software also has a dark screen so you can't tell from a distance.) Thanks for keeping the board alive though I really enjoy posting and reading here.
Thanks Nick and Joe for keeping these boards alive.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
(03-08-2018, 02:34 PM)mrsaxon Wrote: Nick, I know this is the laziest request ever, but can we get a button to the main TC site somewhere?

Will happen.
(03-08-2018, 03:05 PM)mrbananagrabber Wrote: What was the consensus on housecleaning stuff?  The 'Uncle Mitch' subheadings kinda date the place.

Will happen. Low on priority. But will happen.
So happy the boards are alive. I may not post much, but I read them constantly.
Nick: any plans to add a rep counter to individual posts?
I'm going to put my next request behind spoiler-text:

look away
Please can we have spoiler-text?
/look away

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Baby . . . look away
(03-09-2018, 10:57 AM)Nick Nunziata Wrote:

Will happen. Low on priority. But will happen.

You're awesome!
(03-09-2018, 11:19 AM)mrsaxon Wrote: I'm going to put my next request behind spoiler-text:

look away
Please can we have spoiler-text?
/look away

I often look away and think of England when Saxon attempts to spoil me.
"Wilford Brimley can't be bothered to accept praise. He doesn't act because he thinks people will enjoy his work. He acts because it's his goddamned job." --Will Harris, AV Club
Forum search works fine too! Hooray!
This is a pretty minor issue, but is there a way to have YouTube be the default video sharing site? It's defaulting to Daily Motion, which I wasn't aware was even still a thing. With 99% of embedded videos being from YouTube, that would be a more sensible default.

It's a minor annoyance at worst, but still... thought it was worth mentioning.
-The Dexter Morgan of Assholes
Another “house cleaning” suggestion for when you have the time. The description of the Video Games sub-forum mentions “PS2 and XBOX”, the PS2 and XBOX came out more than 15 years ago so I feel their mention really dates the sub-forum.

Rather than mention specific consoles maybe just shorten the description and don’t get into specifics, that way you won’t need to change it again in the future every time a new console generation starts.
When life gives you lemons, lemonade is little consolation. 
I updated all the names and descriptions of the forums, scrubbed Uncle Mitch and CHUD from them, and did tidying.
Awesome, Nick. Is there anyone we can report trolls to directly? Some dude started about 2 dozen threads in the citizens forum and they've been there for almost a week now.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
There seems to be a new post in the War Horse thread, but the page starts to load and then just goes blank. Happened in Chrome on the PC and mobile.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(03-10-2018, 11:12 PM)richard dickson Wrote: There seems to be a new post in the War Horse thread, but the page starts to load and then just goes blank.  Happened in Chrome on the PC and mobile.

I was just about to point this out.

I don't want my glowing review of this great film to be lost in the mists of time.
Any way we can reformat our names?
A My Blu-Ray Movies | er u tang is?
(03-11-2018, 02:20 PM)sairus Wrote: Any way we can reformat our names?

Just noticed a new thread was started to address this. Here’s the link in case you missed it.

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread.php?tid=160161
When life gives you lemons, lemonade is little consolation. 
Is there an advanced search option? The general search feature turns up a LOT of results and it'd be nice to be able to filter them.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
What a labor of love.

Thank you Nick and Team!
(03-11-2018, 02:03 AM)overlord Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 11:12 PM)richard dickson Wrote: There seems to be a new post in the War Horse thread, but the page starts to load and then just goes blank.  Happened in Chrome on the PC and mobile.

I was just about to point this out.

I don't want my glowing review of this great film to be lost in the mists of time.

Tried. No idea. I'll ask Joe.

Luckily... it's War Horse.
Nooj, I've just seen your amended custom title and let out a chuckle.

I was away for a week and came back confused...  but I think I have found my place again!

Let's do this!
It's OK! I'm a leaf on the wind.

Xbox Live: Nanoblech / PSN: Nanoblech
Hey, I'm embiggened! Thanks!
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Hopin' negative rep goes away. I'm not a rep hound, but I realized I don't really dig when I've been given negative rep -- especially for a post I made months ago.

-MichaelM

-Bradito
Hi, I'm not able to log into my prior user name. Prior user name is "moltisanti." Can I get the email that is assigned to this temporary login ("Alt-molt") and have it associated to the "moltisanti" login?

Thanks for your help!
Molt you're back! We were asking about you.
Oh, that's sweet. I'm just having some technical malfunctions. Everything's alright. I'm fine. I'm all fine, thank you. How are you?