Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counterpart
(03-11-2018, 04:21 PM)Anjin Wrote: Yeah, I stalled after episode 5.  I like it well enough... but this is clearly a show that will work better as a binge watch.  It's just so.... dense. By the time one episode ends is about when I'm really starting to "feel it", only to wait again? Yeah, Netflix culture has spoiled me I suppose.

I'm saving the episodes and plan on watching the entire season in one or two days once it's completed.  Simmons is amazing, and this show feels like the show I always wanted Fringe to be. I'll definitely be back.

By "dense," do you mean "long stretches of watching paint dry"? 

Every time there was a new development I thought would be interesting, they end it almost immediately.  Often in a burst of poorly choreographed and horribly lit action.
Meh, I don't mind the slow pace if I can watch them all in one (or two) sittings. At least, not with shows like this.  Maybe it suffers more after the point I stopped watching for the time being, but letting the details of the world building slowly reveal themselves is more engaging for me than having shit happen just to have shit happen. Like Walking Dead.

Dense may not be the best word... but, I dunno... heavy? Thick and oppressive with moody atmosphere? A sense of unease and impending disaster?

European?
-"You're not going insane - you're going sane in a crazy world!"
-The Tick
Caught up with the most recent two episodes today. Man, that face-off between the two Howards was amazing. If Simmons doesn't get an award nod for what he's doing on this show, it's a damn crime.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
(03-12-2018, 08:05 PM)MrSaxon Wrote: Caught up with the most recent two episodes today. Man, that face-off between the two Howards was amazing. If Simmons doesn't get an award nod for what he's doing on this show, it's a damn crime.

Up through episode 5, his dual performance has been overwhelmingly the most compelling aspect of the show.  I feel like the cinematography, stuntwork, and the writing has been disappointing by comparison.

Amy Berg, who apparently took the lead creative role for season one, has been fired. Guess they're going in a new direction for season two. http://deadline.com/2017/03/counterpart-...202050966/
(03-12-2018, 08:05 PM)MrSaxon Wrote: Caught up with the most recent two episodes today. Man, that face-off between the two Howards was amazing. If Simmons doesn't get an award nod for what he's doing on this show, it's a damn crime.

It really gives meaning to hating yourself.  That was a fantastic scene in a great episode.  I just wonder what the plan is for Pope and his fellow radicals.  How can they hope to take revenge on a scale that large?  And why bother to punish a clueless world?
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
Holy crap. Some serious stuff went down in this week's episode but I'll wait till more people have seen it since there's no spoiler tag anymore.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Yeah, this week was great. Peter is such a cowardly doofus.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
I took a break after episode 3, is the rest worth going through? I think the finale is tonight.
I just caught up with the whole season in anticipation of tonight’s finale, and I thought it was great.
Liked but didn't love the finale. I'm glad that all of my favorite characters made it out alive and hopefully to the next season.

SPOILERS just in case
Why did Aldrich try to take out Howard Prime? They were in the office together hours earlier and he knows that Howard wasn't the mole.

Same goes for Ian. He knows the truth about Howard and he still has him locked up at some blacksite. Out of jealousy? That's being insanely spiteful towards the man.

Disappointed that Pope was taken out like that. The guy is an evil genius with a pair of bodyguards and he let's them go home early that evening? Hubris or not, it was just sloppy.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
Season 2 Trailer

Is anyone watching S2? I'm a few episodes behind after a mini-binge and am enjoying it but it feels like there isn't enough time in each episode to cover everything. Next episode up is the "origin" episode.
I've got all of S1 and S2 (so far) on my DVR. We keep meaning to get to it but there's simply too much television to stay current with. I've heard that this is a good show, though.
Well, this show got better and better to a first class Season 1 Episode 8 where J.K. Simmons masterfully played off against himself. It was superb.

... and then proceeded to shit the bed so thoroughly in episodes 9 and 10 that I

a) have seen none of Season 2

and

b) rate this the second worst TV show I have ever seen after Ronald D. Moore's Battlestar Galactica.
(05-05-2020, 05:22 AM)shan Wrote: Well, this show got better and better to a first class Season 1 Episode 8 where J.K. Simmons masterfully played off against himself. It was superb.

... and then proceeded to shit the bed so thoroughly in episodes 9 and 10 that I

and

b) rate this the second worst TV show I have ever seen after Ronald D. Moore's Battlestar Galactica.

They should have cast Logan Marshall Green and his brother in the show.  No need for special effects, Shan wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between them.

(05-05-2020, 05:22 AM)shan Wrote: Well, this show got better and better to a first class Season 1 Episode 8 where J.K. Simmons masterfully played off against himself. It was superb.

and

Season 2 is very good and has a hell of an ending.
(05-05-2020, 08:57 PM)Overlord Wrote:

and

They should have cast Logan Marshall Green and his brother in the show.  No need for special effects, Shan wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between them.

I'm sorry, only one of here has ever tried to build a clone army and that wouldn't be me - hence not an essential skill for me to need to tell them apart. Anyway, it'd be easy. The one doing the books for the finances of the show would be Taylor and the one in front of the camera would be Logan. The person crashing the set uninvited would obviously be Tom Hardy. 

(05-05-2020, 11:29 PM)boristhecheese Wrote:

and

Season 2 is very good and has a hell of an ending.

I've heard that from someone on the AV Club to whom I did promise I would give it a look on that basis as I do trust their opinion but those last two episodes of Season 1 were so, so bad. Like some of the most intelligence insulting writing I've ever seen. Which kind of put me off just a bit to date as you might have guessed.
" rate this the second worst TV show I have ever seen after Ronald D. Moore's Battlestar Galactica."

????
Explain. Shan are you actually Duke Fleed?
"I don't do tag-teams with blood relatives". Kenny Powers.
Er ... I. Am .Not.

(Am I doing this right?)