Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - Pre Release Thread
I'm very much in the tank for these, and I have to admit, this didn't quite punch my dick in. There's some nice moments (Pratt and Downey looked fun, Strange getting tortured by an Insidious ghost), and it certainly didn't look bad or anything, but I do get the sense that for all the build-up, this looks very much like the first half, a real Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part One situation.

But that's fine. I'll have a blast, I'm sure.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I...I...can't believe this movie is actually happening. And....almost here.

I'm really going to see all these characters together...on the big screen.
frankiesmithart.com
INPRNT Shop (for prints)

"I like arguments" 
Prince

Seems to me they're still holding back quite a bit.
Oh, they're holding back.  A 2 hr and 36 min movie containing just about ALL of the MCU characters? And a two minute trailer? 

Yeah, we're not seeing a LOT.
frankiesmithart.com
INPRNT Shop (for prints)

"I like arguments" 
Prince

Where's Daredevil?
[Image: 9lM.gif]

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
(03-16-2018, 01:49 PM)bradito Wrote: Where's Daredevil?

Your concern for the Devil of Hells Kitchen is super sweet.
frankiesmithart.com
INPRNT Shop (for prints)

"I like arguments" 
Prince

(03-16-2018, 01:49 PM)bradito Wrote: Where's Daredevil?

at home, washing his tights?

street-level superhero indeed!
I'm filled with both excitement and dread. I get the feeling that one of my favorite characters may not even make it to the 3rd act of this movie, let alone future installments.
Hopefully Daredevil will take over after Captain America dies.
(03-16-2018, 02:54 PM)bradito Wrote: Hopefully Daredevil will take over after Captain America dies.

Frank Castle or GTFO
Looks... fine? It looks fine.

I have a long track record of being underwhelmed by the trailers for the Russos' Marvel films, though. Still got my opening night tickets w/ friends.
I might be slightly underwhelmed because of some stuff I know about the movie and Avengers 4, but yeah, that looks... fine. I'm definitely not feeling the nerdgasm a lot of you are. It's just the Avengers against an even super duper stronger guy.
The Dark Shape knows stuff!
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
(03-16-2018, 05:37 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: The Dark Shape knows stuff!

It's how I fill the crushing emptiness in my life. Sad

Now let me tell you all I know about BLOCKERS!
oh I saw BLOCKERS!

fun and sweet!
I haven't even seen BLOCKERS!  The post was a lie!

[Image: giphy.gif]
WELL WELL WELL...

first cavillstache...

now THIS!!!
(03-16-2018, 05:20 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote: I might be slightly underwhelmed because of some stuff I know about the movie and Avengers 4, but yeah, that looks... fine.  I'm definitely not feeling the nerdgasm a lot of you are.  It's just the Avengers against an even super duper stronger guy.

But this time with actual steaks!
(03-16-2018, 05:20 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote: I might be slightly underwhelmed because of some stuff I know about the movie and Avengers 4, but yeah, that looks... fine. I'm definitely not feeling the nerdgasm a lot of you are. It's just the Avengers against an even super duper stronger guy.

Underwhelmed because what they're selling is not lining up with what you know... or because what you know about the movies is, itself, underwhelming?
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
(03-16-2018, 05:20 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote: I might be slightly underwhelmed because of some stuff I know about the movie and Avengers 4, but yeah, that looks... fine.  I'm definitely not feeling the nerdgasm a lot of you are.  It's just the Avengers against an even super duper stronger guy.

Why do you want the space terrorists to win, Dark Shape? Why do you hate (Captain) America?
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I’m currently watching Wolf Warrior 2.

It’s almost as good as the Infinity War trailer.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
(03-16-2018, 05:20 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote: I might be slightly underwhelmed because of some stuff I know about the movie and Avengers 4, but yeah, that looks... fine. I'm definitely not feeling the nerdgasm a lot of you are. It's just the Avengers against an even super duper stronger guy.

Does Daredevil save the day after Captain America dies?
(03-16-2018, 08:36 PM)bradito Wrote:

Please, we all know the key to stopping Thanos will be the power of the Iron Fist!
I don't know how to break this to you guys, but INFINITY WAR 1 and 2 are really just backdoor pilots to get you to watch Season 2 of IRON FIST and INHUMANS.
Oh, fuuuuck...!!
(03-16-2018, 09:04 PM)superlaser Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 08:36 PM)bradito Wrote:

Please, we all know the key to stopping Thanos will be the power of the Iron Fist!

The BEST IRON FIST EVER!
BEEEEEAAAAUTIFULLLL

Thanos is the only one who can save us in 2019 -

Avengers: Infinity Hawkeye
I'm going for the spectacle, but I'm staying for all the character interaction. I'm glad this is 2 and a half hours because I can't wait to see all of these characters bounce off each other.

If Cap dies, I too will cry. That man is proof you can still rock in America.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
It sounds corny, but seeing Cap holding back Thanos to his astonishment makes me really proud to see Chris come this far with the role. He’s managed to capture the character’s heart and spirit flawlessly.
This trailer is the Bee's Knees, and the movie a culmination of 10 years of build up from Marvel Studios. As a Marvel fan since '88 and follower of all the Marvel movies but especially for the MCU, Infinity War is really a dream come true. Even though it would be nice to have everybody live at the end, I think some of them must sacrifice themselves, otherwise this Thanos villain will have zero credibility. If it's Cap or IM, I think it will be sad but a very satisfying end to their character's arc, and their absence will allow the newer heroes to flourish in Phase 4 and beyond.

"Jesus Christ! You've got some problems! First the balls, now my death!" - Daniel Craig

[Image: PDB4Eq2.jpg]
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
poor thanos

the guy just saw a stray eyelash on cap's perfect face and wanted to brush it off

but cap has to be all

"NOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOUCH!!!!"
Ohh, Thane only has two of his Horcruxes in that scene.

I liked this trailer. They must be putting in work to get a negative nancy like me hyped.

Has Thanos watched the news lately? The planet is fucked. Give it another hundred years, we'll do the job for him. No need to deploy his horde of five-armed lizardmen and Addams Family minions.