Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Achievements
AIs it still everything you’d hoped Chaz?

I've decided to miss all of my credit card payments just so I have a chance to speak to Chaz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightning Slim View Post

Is it still everything you’d hoped Chaz?

It will be nice to have a good paying job and benefits and that was all I was looking for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

I've decided to miss all of my credit card payments just so I have a chance to speak to Chaz.

Well I do have a pleasant and reassuring telephone voice.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

I have all of you beat with the new jobs, diet changes, and pregnancies -- I slept for most of the night last night. Boom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wd40 View Post

I have all of you beat with the new jobs, diet changes, and pregnancies -- I slept for most of the night last night. Boom.

Nothing better than a good night's sleep where you wake up refreshed and ready to slaughter the day.

ASo, looks like I got the #DeepState gig. That's what we're calling all civil servants now, right? Should be an official announcement within the month, have some HR negotiation to do. I'll stick it on Facebook when I'm sworn in. ETA: So if we're friends on Facebook, mums the word till then.

Personal goal over the next 10 years:

I'm trying to create a position that doesn't exist - Physician lead for cis-Lunar medical operations. Basically I want to be the guy who leads the design and implementation of what our medical capabilities are going to be when we stick Gateway around the moon, and then when we finally build a habitat to replace ISS. This is assuming the government stays out of our way and lets us go back to the moon, instead of wasting another decade on a one-off Mars shot.

Other personal goal/wish:

Still having this community to post in during that time.
A[quote name="Analog Olmos" url="/community/t/93251/personal-achievements/2700#post_4470673"]I'm trying to create a position that doesn't exist - Physician lead for cis-Lunar medical operations. Basically I want to be the guy who leads the design and implementation of what our medical capabilities are going to be when we stick Gateway around the moon, and then when we finally build a habitat to replace ISS. This is assuming the government stays out of our way and lets us go back to the moon, instead of wasting another decade on a one-off Mars shot.[/quote]

Holy shit, that's impressive. I want to see your goal work out, just so I can say "I know that motherfucker."

[quote name="Analog Olmos" url="/community/t/93251/personal-achievements/2700#post_4470673"]ETA: So if we're friends on Facebook, mums the word till then.[/quote]

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]

[/SPOILER]
AAnalog, you are the shit. The biz. “Savage AF” as the kids say.
A[quote name="Analog Olmos" url="/community/t/93251/personal-achievements/2700#post_4470673"]So, looks like I got the #DeepState gig. That's what we're calling all civil servants now, right?[/quote]
Well, all the ones with some tiny smattering of integrity, anyway.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Analog Olmos View Post

So, looks like I got the #DeepState gig. That's what we're calling all civil servants now, right? Should be an official announcement within the month, have some HR negotiation to do. I'll stick it on Facebook when I'm sworn in. ETA: So if we're friends on Facebook, mums the word till then.

Personal goal over the next 10 years:

I'm trying to create a position that doesn't exist - Physician lead for cis-Lunar medical operations. Basically I want to be the guy who leads the design and implementation of what our medical capabilities are going to be when we stick Gateway around the moon, and then when we finally build a habitat to replace ISS. This is assuming the government stays out of our way and lets us go back to the moon, instead of wasting another decade on a one-off Mars shot.

Other personal goal/wish:

Still having this community to post in during that time.

I don't really know what most of this means, other than you are doing Space Stuff.

I am impressed by anyone who can do Space Stuff, because the rest of us are stuck doing Earth Stuff, and so you instantly get Rep.

Walking into my favorite bookstore earlier today and seeing my short story collection on the shelf was a nice pick-me-up.

AMy indie film “Enthusiastic Sinners” will be premiering this Saturday the third at the Cinequest Film Festival. Anyone in the Northern Ca area please come check us out (additional shows on the 6, 9 and 10).

The San Francisco Chronicle called us one of the “10 Films to see at the Fest”
https://www.sfchronicle.com/movies/artic...o-15080156

Tickets and info can be found at http://www.cinequest.org

Our site: http://www.facebook.com/enthusiasticsinners
A[quote name="Mike J" url="/community/t/93251/personal-achievements/2700#post_4483750"]Walking into my favorite bookstore earlier today and seeing my short story collection on the shelf was a nice pick-me-up. [/quote]

Sweet! What's it called?

I bought Slash's autobiography. I'm looking forward to him detailing Guns N Roses falling apart.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

I bought Slash's autobiography. I'm looking forward to him detailing Guns N Roses falling apart.

That's a good one. It came out in like 2007, right?

I didn't care for reading the bits about him doing heroin, but the rest of the book about becoming interested in music and his career was all great. I always wondered what caused him to break up Slash's Snakepit and he reveals it all there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravi View Post

That's a good one. It came out in like 2007, right?

I didn't care for reading the bits about him doing heroin, but the rest of the book about becoming interested in music and his career was all great. I always wondered what caused him to break up Slash's Snakepit and he reveals it all there.

Wrong thread. Don't ask me why I thought this was the current reading thread.

AI didn't technically "achieve" anything, but I'm going to be an uncle for the first time in a week or so, and I couldn't be more excited.

I'm currently building the kiddo a closet organizer that his parents will appreciate much more:

[Image: 400]
AGood man! Uncling and Godfathering can be great fun.
(03-03-2018, 12:18 AM)iron maiden Wrote: I didn't technically "achieve" anything, but I'm going to be an uncle for the first time in a week or so, and I couldn't be more excited.
My nephew is just turning two years old, and my niece is about six months old now. Believe me, it's rad as hell. Just be prepared for a whole bunch of following small children around while their parents take a well-earned rest.
(03-03-2018, 10:38 AM)lightning slim Wrote: AGood man! Uncling and Godfathering can be great fun.

Thanks! Looks like the baby is coming today (on his exact due date too). Should be a wild rest of the week.

(03-05-2018, 01:53 AM)commodorejohn Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 12:18 AM)iron maiden Wrote: I didn't technically "achieve" anything, but I'm going to be an uncle for the first time in a week or so, and I couldn't be more excited.
My nephew is just turning two years old, and my niece is about six months old now. Believe me, it's rad as hell. Just be prepared for a whole bunch of following small children around while their parents take a well-earned rest.

I have a cousin a year older than me who has four kids, so I'm definitely prepared for this little guy. When we all get together for parties, I'm pretty much spent before I even decide to head back. Wrestling three kids (the other isn't even one yet) is exhausting... and the most fun ever.
7 days sober
That’s big news, congratulations!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

(03-09-2018, 10:51 PM)somewhere Wrote: 7 days sober

Good!
(03-09-2018, 10:51 PM)somewhere Wrote: 7 days sober

We're along side you.

Day at a time. Hour at a time, if needed.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Thanks for the kind words & encouragement, y'all are good people.

My doc recommended something called LifeRing over AA for ongoing support. Anyone got any opinions on that?
Today I paid off my car after five years. Next month we'll finish with medical bills (the wife and I joke we'll finally own our kids). One credit card has one more payment to get down to zero, and my wife's student loan should be gone in about six months.

It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally escaping all the decisions I made in my 20s!
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
That's aces Bart, you guys should take a trip to Vegas to celebrate.
Catching up with Andy Bain a few nights ago reminded me the first time we hung out in real life we got a feed and a few drinks in a Mexican joint and I yabbered on about how I was shitting myself about attempting to go to university after a million years of using my brain for nothing much aside from working construction, and Andy was all, "Yeah, nah, you'll be sweet mate, sure the old brainbox slows down as we get older but your work ethic will see you through." I didn't really believe him at the time, figured I'd probably get left in the dust by my millennial classmates and be back swinging a hammer before you could say special theory of relativity. 

Cut to 2018 and once again Andy Bain and I are getting a feed and a few drinks and I'm telling him he was right, that I somehow got my ass into gear enough to complete a BSc in Physics and Applied Maths and just started post-gradding up a storm a couple of weeks ago. Turns out Andy Bain knows a thing or two about a thing or two. He also loved Kong Skull Island and has a company credit card. I think he might be my perfect man.
Hey, Congratulations, Bucho. That's fantastic.
I've seen so many good people in my life that I've almost lost my faith in the wickedness of humankind.

--Will Durant
Yep, nice one Bucho, that's a real achievement. Good for you.

(03-17-2018, 04:37 PM)Bucho Wrote: Catching up with Andy Bain a few nights ago reminded me the first time we hung out in real life we got a feed and a few drinks in a Mexican joint and I yabbered on about how I was shitting myself about attempting to go to university after a million years of using my brain for nothing much aside from working construction, and Andy was all, "Yeah, nah, you'll be sweet mate, sure the old brainbox slows down as we get older but your work ethic will see you through." I didn't really believe him at the time, figured I'd probably get left in the dust by my millennial classmates and be back swinging a hammer before you could say special theory of relativity. 

Cut to 2018 and once again Andy Bain and I are getting a feed and a few drinks and I'm telling him he was right, that I somehow got my ass into gear enough to complete a BSc in Physics and Applied Maths and just started post-gradding up a storm a couple of weeks ago. Turns out Andy Bain knows a thing or two about a thing or two. He also loved Kong Skull Island and has a company credit card. I think he might be my perfect man.

Awesome, I love Physics and Maths but I can't do either one for shit. I had to change my science major because I just couldn't do Calculus. As for my personal achievement, just learned baby number 3 is coming for any shred of sleep I have left in October. So we'll have a 10-year-old, a 2-year-old, and a newborn. Oh and I'm finishing up a Bachelor's in English and working a four to midnight shift while this is going to be happening. Sleep is for the weak right?
I found Bradito on LinkedIn.

Currently stalking.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
(03-19-2018, 11:02 PM)dmonkeydeluxes Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 04:37 PM)Bucho Wrote: Catching up with Andy Bain a few nights ago reminded me the first time we hung out in real life we got a feed and a few drinks in a Mexican joint and I yabbered on about how I was shitting myself about attempting to go to university after a million years of using my brain for nothing much aside from working construction, and Andy was all, "Yeah, nah, you'll be sweet mate, sure the old brainbox slows down as we get older but your work ethic will see you through." I didn't really believe him at the time, figured I'd probably get left in the dust by my millennial classmates and be back swinging a hammer before you could say special theory of relativity. 

Awesome, I love Physics and Maths but I can't do either one for shit. I had to change my science major because I just couldn't do Calculus. As for my personal achievement, just learned baby number 3 is coming for any shred of sleep I have left in October. So we'll have a 10-year-old, a 2-year-old, and a newborn. Oh and I'm finishing up a Bachelor's in English and working a four to midnight shift while this is going to be happening. Sleep is for the weak right?

That is hardcore to the max. For as tough as it's been at times to grind through the degree I at least never had to worry about wrangling any sprogs.
(03-27-2018, 05:36 AM)Bucho Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 11:02 PM)dmonkeydeluxes Wrote:

That is hardcore to the max. For as tough as it's been at times to grind through the degree I at least never had to worry about wrangling any sprogs.

The 10 year old isn't bad, the 2 year old however....
Congrats to the new offspring! Sleep is overrated, man.

Bucho: great job on going back to school. I did it when I was 31 and it scared the hell out of me, so I know exactly what you're talking about regarding self-doubt.