Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Call Saul
AI am okay with the show winding down, but I hope we actually get some peak Saul, even if just for an episode or two. My fear is that they get to the end of the transformation and cut straight to the post-BB timeline. We need a dollop of Saul at his ambulance-chasing, stripclub-hopping, growly-voiced best by the end of this.

SCHWARTZBLOG APPROVED

AIt might be too hard to work out for an extended run, but I could see them doing a very unconventional episode or two showing what Saul was doing off screen during key points during Breaking Bad.
A[Image: 800]

Awesome.

It would make sense if the cousins were to come back in a big way.  With Hector incapacitated and Tuco imprisoned, it is natural that they would step up as the Salamanca reps, and with Gus being on good terms (for now) with Juan Bolsa and Don Eladio, he's in the market for a strong foil.  Will we find out that the cousins can actually talk?

I hope they talk in really high pitched voices.

I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherDude View Post

Awesome.

It would make sense if the cousins were to come back in a big way.  With Hector incapacitated and Tuco imprisoned, it is natural that they would step up as the Salamanca reps, and with Gus being on good terms (for now) with Juan Bolsa and Don Eladio, he's in the market for a strong foil.  Will we find out that the cousins can actually talk?

Giancarlo Esposito was on Rich Eisen's tv/radio show yesterday and they talked quite a bit about BB, Gus Fring, and what's next on BCS. Esposito says that for those of you concerned that BCS has been a "Slow Burn" this season ramps things up to the next level. Definately hoping that a lot of "Connective tissue" takes place this season.

Vince has been giving a couple of interviews, probably as part of the promotion for the Season 3 Blu-ray.  Here's the round-up:

The AV Club

Screen Rant

IGN

Variety also did an interview with the Breaking Bad writing staff in honor of the show's tenth anniversary.

AThanks. The AV club interview strongly
implies that Chuck is dead.

Well, as did the show itself.  Sounds like they're leaving open the possibility of a flashback though.  Heck, we've already had one for Mel Rodriguez since his character died.

AYeah, Chuck popping up in hospital next season is not their style.

Well, since Chuck isn't the Human Torch, yeah, it'd be a little unusual.

Do people really need to see the flesh melting off someone's face to accept that they died now? It seems like the fear of being tricked is driving people's perception of entertainment waaaay more than it should.

Different shows promote different expectations.  I wouldn't expect a stunt like that in the Breaking Bad universe, because it's trained me not to.  By contrast, Hannibal trained me to expect that a bullet to a character's face means they'll have a few episodes off.

AI thought it was settled right after it happened, when Michael McKean said he was dead.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjen Rudd View Post

I thought it was settled right after it happened, when Michael McKean said he was dead.

True but he is a notorious liar.

Season 3 is coming to U.S. Netflix on March 26th (aka Monday).  The tradition has been for the previous season to show up on the service two weeks before the new season premieres, but with Season 4 being delayed I guess they took pity.

In a new interview, when asked about the show's duration, Gilligan responded that "in my mind's eye we're about halfway through now," and that "we have two or three more seasons in us."  That seems about right.  Six seasons would bring them to 60 episodes, versus Breaking Bad's 62.
That actually sounds like quite a lot more that I thought they were planning on doing. Not that I'm complaining, but I figured that this was the second to last season of the show or maybe even the last season itself. If they're doing 2-3 more seasons there's no way Cranston and/or A. Paul don't show up in some kind of cameo.
Happy we'll be getting a couple more seasons. Not happy that we won't see all of them until 2027. I really don't want to see a 40 year old Paul cameo as a high school student. HURRY UP, GILLIGAN!
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
(03-26-2018, 07:42 PM)history buff Wrote: That actually sounds like quite a lot more that I thought they were planning on doing. Not that I'm complaining, but I figured that this was the second to last season of the show or maybe even the last season itself. If they're doing 2-3 more seasons there's no way Cranston and/or A. Paul don't show up in some kind of cameo.
Don't need Cranston to show up at all. The only way that could even work is if they do a season that takes place alongside a Breaking Bad season. As in what Sal is up to during Breaking Bad what you don't see him with the boys. That actually could be fun but I doubt they go that route. So really the only one I want to see and honestly the only one that makes sense is Jesse. But not in the flashback sequence. I would like to know how things ended up for Jesse after Breaking Bad.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
'I would like to know how things ended up for Jesse after Breaking Bad.'
Who do you think OWNS that Cinnabon franchise branch?..
'Ask Klingon or Krell, my posts are swell'
I'd love a Rosencratz And Guildenstern episode of BCS to hop around and cover essentially the entirety of BB from a skewed angle.  Stretched out over a season?  Meh, sounds strained and kind of terrible.

That said, I didn't think they should make this show in the first place, so wee should obviously leave these decisions to those that know what they are doing.
Aaron Paul is already 38. If he shows up now it'll be like Buscemi on 30 Rock:

[Image: giphy.gif]
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Despite the ages of the actors, you can make it work, with make-up, etc. but it needs to a cameo of sorts. Extended scenes aren't going to work, though they have gotten away with it with Giancarlo Esposito.
Teenaged Pinkman would have looked ridiculous even if they had tried to do it during Breaking Bad. Put me in the camp that says if Jesse must come back, it should be to offer the character closure in the post-BB timeline.
^ Agreed, and that way Aaron Paul's real-life age would have progressed right alongside the aging of the characters on the show in the post-BrBa Cinnabon future.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

(03-27-2018, 06:02 PM)fatherdude Wrote: Teenaged Pinkman would have looked ridiculous even if they had tried to do it during Breaking Bad.  Put me in the camp that says if Jesse must come back, it should be to offer the character closure in the post-BB timeline.

Yeah, during season 5 they had a flashback to season 1 and they couldn't even make Paul look convincing as a 5 year younger version of himself.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jesse if they end up in the flash forward timeline, but I also like where they left him.
Watched S3 on Netflix over the course of this past weekend. It's insane that McKean wasn't even nominated for Best Supporting Actor.

I had forgotten about Saul getting the retirees to shun Irene. That was excruciating.

Most underrated character? I vote Howard. On any other show, he would be a generic villain.
The acting on this show from anyone on camera turns them into acclaimed thespians. Even the Skylar twins were a hoot.
(04-09-2018, 11:30 AM)Mangy Wrote: Most underrated character? I vote Howard. On any other show, he would be a generic villain.

Yeah, I love the fakeout that Howard is terrible when it turns out that he's really a decent person. I don't know that I'd want to hang with him for laughs, but he has a functioning moral compass, and is willing to go above and beyond in many cases to do the right thing.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
Better Call Saul wins a Peabody.
Season 4 starts August 6th.
Gimme some teasers and trailers already!

So there's no way they are going to put off Saul Goodman for a fourth year, right? They are not going to wait until Odenkirk is 60 before letting him go full clown, surely.
EW has two photos and this description of the season:

Quote:The fourth season of Saul will “catalyze” the transmogrification of Jimmy into the ambulance-chasing consigliere Saul Goodman, as seen on Breaking Bad. In the wake of Chuck’s death, Jimmy slips deeper into the world of crime, and it could jeopardize his relationship with Kim (Rhea Seehorn), who finds herself at odds again with Howard (Patrick Fabian) in a legal battle that arises from the brothers’ war. Mike (Jonathan Banks) will become further ensconced in Madrigal, while the collapse of Hector (Mark Margolis) impacts the cartel as well as plans plotted by Gus (Giancarlo Esposito) and Nacho (Michael Mando).