Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - Pre Release Thread
(04-21-2018, 04:42 PM)Reasor Wrote: I've noticed the avalanche of short clips, too. They've had the cast doing the morning talk show circuit world wide, and these are those bite-sized clips that they send with the actors.

The clip I saw of Banner telling Stark and Strange about Thanos was good.

I'll be seeing this Thursday.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Like i said before, how effective this film depends on how formidable they make Thanos to be.

Lets hope they don't disappoint us.
Got my tickets for Thursday evening.

Feels weird to think that by this time next week we'll be living in a post-Infinity War world.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
Our dead pool closes at 5 today:

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread.php?tid=160230
home taping is killing music
Interesting thing I learned recently, apparently the original lineup for the Black Order only first appeared in the comics in 2013, or one year after the first Avengers movie and already, they're appearing in Infinity War.

Well, except for Supergiant, who wasn't included because of 'consolidation', according to the directors.

(Also, one of the other members has been renamed Cull Obsidian from Black Dwarf for some reason*.)

*I think we can guess the reason.
I'm watching people in Ireland get angry in advance because they know which one of their friends is gonna see it first and spoil it, and it's like turning the final corner of the "It's A Small World" ride at Disney World.
(04-23-2018, 10:55 AM)boone daniels Wrote: Our dead pool closes at 5 today: 

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread.php?tid=160230

Our Deadpool opens May 18th!

[Image: deadpool-2-trailer-preview.jpg]

*Gets yanked off stage by giant hook*

(Worth it!)
I'm going to have to basically stay off the internet from Wednesday through next week, until I manage to see the movie. Too many people see it in the first few days and post super spoilery threads on Facebook. And too many sites that appear in my feed do the same thing - everyone assumes that by the fourth or fifth day of release, everyone else has seen it.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
New trailer bit does have one big spoiler. Be warned. I dont even know how to explain which clip to avoid without spoiling it.
Avoid all of them!

I'm not watching the trailers again and I'm not watching any TV spots or clips.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
>Renders self blind, deaf, and dumb until I can see this movie<
[Image: Dbbl-JyV0AAiYxN.jpg]
Marvel marketing has to be glad DC has such ardent fans.
Hardcore DCEU fans showing psychotic levels of butthurt here.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Uh... did I miss something about this movie? Why are they bringing up SJWs? Are these just a bunch of alt-right idiots who are still sore over Black Panther?
They're bigoted fuckwits who believe downvoting a movie will actually accomplish something. Worked like a charm for BP.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
(04-23-2018, 05:28 PM)fence Wrote: Uh... did I miss something about this movie?  Why are they bringing up SJWs?  Are these just a bunch of alt-right idiots who are still sore over Black Panther?

Black Panther, and all the female speaking roles in The Last Jedi.  It's telling that they're making it about the parent company.
Yes but this is a weird example. What's so SJW about The Avengers? And whats not SJW about DC movies?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Since the Facebook group that created the event is called "Down With Disney's Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys," my best guess is just that it's a bunch of Star Wars haters hoping to rope DC movie fans in to participate in this stunt.  I don't know of anyone who turned on Marvel over Black Panther, but I've been off Facebook for a bit.
(04-23-2018, 05:55 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Yes but this is a weird example. What's so SJW about The Avengers? And whats not SJW about DC movies?

A lotta hardcore Snyderite dudebros in there, for whatever reason.
Alright then.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(04-23-2018, 06:19 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Alright then.

Apologies, I realize I somewhat misread what you were asking.

For whatever reason, Snyder's filmography is generally seen as having a very conservative viewpoint (his Superman is generally seen as being more Randian, 300 as a War on Terror-dehumanization of the enemy, etc.). His films also tend to be seen as being full of "male gaze" treatment of women and homophobia. Whether or not he's actually conservative, I don't know (he's talked about wanting to adapt The Fountainhead), but his biggest films definitely tend to attract an anti-SJW audience far moreso than Marvel or SW for those reasons, and he's been the one guiding this initial phase of the DCEU - Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are very much playing in his universe. Post-Justice League, we'll see how that changes.
That Facebook is amazing.
I mean... It's has to be sarcastic in nature. Because it's gold
(04-23-2018, 06:33 PM)Dent6084 Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 06:19 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Alright then.

Apologies, I realize I somewhat misread what you were asking.

For whatever reason, Snyder's filmography is generally seen as having a very conservative viewpoint (his Superman is generally seen as being more Randian, 300 as a War on Terror-dehumanization of the enemy, etc.). His films also tend to be seen as being full of "male gaze" treatment of women and homophobia. Whether or not he's actually conservative, I don't know (he's talked about wanting to adapt The Fountainhead), but his biggest films definitely tend to attract an anti-SJW audience far moreso than Marvel or SW for those reasons, and he's been the one guiding this initial phase of the DCEU - Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are very much playing in his universe. Post-Justice League, we'll see how that changes.
Ohh don't worry I more or less understood what you mean't. I never got as much of that vibe from him as some others. Like im well known around these parts to roll my eyes at many SJW types but.......not like this. Like I save my eye rolling for when I think something is ridiculous. But the thing that confuses me about this is that the DC Universe has WONDER WOMAN. Usually when you are going this hard you would think the feminist loved Wonder Woman would be a deal breaker for these guys. This is all so weird.
For people who are so ideally opposed to "SJWs" their ideals are as dim as their collective intellects.

As for Snyder, MoS is a wonderful example of a director actively hating the material he's adapting. Especially in the final moments of that film. Oh and entirety of BvS.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
That particular group started because they disagreed with how Disney was treating the Star Wars franchise. They started with TLJ and then they tried the same thing with BP only because of the studio.

Either way it’s pathetic.

That narrows it down, then. They have a problem with Rey and Finn, specifically, and they feel dirty when they ship it.
(04-23-2018, 08:18 PM)catartik Wrote: That particular group started because they disagreed with how Disney was treating the Star Wars franchise.  They started with TLJ and then they tried the same thing with BP only because of the studio.

Either way it’s pathetic.

It is, even more so as it's really an outgrowth of a growing sentiment among segments of "geeky" fandom that are extremely butt-hurt that publishers of said material are daring to try appealing to anyone other than straight white males.  And yes, it did spawn from/massively overlaps with Gamergate, why do you ask?
On a more relevant subject...

We should be getting first reactions to INFINITY WAR sometime tonight, yes?
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
1:30 PST for social media.

That's an odd time choice.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
"And they feel dirty when they ship it."

I couldn't help but hear that with a heavy bit of funk backing it and now I can't get it out of my head.

They feel dirty when they ship it . . .
That's right, they feel soooo
Dirty when they ship it . . .
When they ship, when they ship
(04-23-2018, 10:14 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: That's an odd time choice.

Premiere is in LA at 7:30 PST.

(04-23-2018, 10:23 PM)turingmachine75 Wrote: "And they feel dirty when they ship it."

I couldn't help but hear that with a heavy bit of funk backing it and now I can't get it out of my head.

They feel dirty when they ship it . . .
Dirty when they ship it . . .
When they ship, when they ship

Ship it like FED-EX, BAY-BEEEEEE