Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. thread
Not permanently. Season 2 ended with Jesse and Cass taking Tulip to Angelville. Presumably to be resurrected.
I quite like how the show is doing pay-offs for stuff that happened years back. Not only is it a nice reward for those of us who have stuck with the show long enough to see it's best seasons, but it's very comic-booky.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
(04-07-2018, 09:48 PM)superlaser Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 06:25 PM)Reasor Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 06:09 PM)MrSaxon Wrote: Bit disappointed we got teased with Graviton, but he never made an appearance. Maybe next episode?

Some variant of the idea, before it's over, I'm certain.  The flashback scene at the end looked like it was the answer to the question of "who are the two voices that Creel hears, arguing inside the gravitonium?"

Speaking of which, did they really get Ruth Neega back for such an incredibly minor cameo? Or was that a re-used scene that I’m just not remembering. Hopefully if they brought her back we’re getting more of her going forward. One of the bigger disappointments so far is that she was gone before the quality of the show really picked up.

Word on the street (or r/shield) is that it was a scene they cut from Season 1 and put into storage (so not as a DVD extra either) until now. Makes sense as the other actor in the scene (David Conrad) apparently quit acting in 2015 to go teach ... acting.
Digging how effed up time travel has left Yoyo, Fitz and Simmons.  The beaker test was really cool.  I was all set to be disappointed that none of them had acid.

Talbot looks like Henry Cavil's Mission Impossible character's dad.  Glad they didn't off Creel (yet).  He's actually become an interesting side character.  

Wish the show could afford to do the full arm effects on YoYo all the time.  The practical forearms are okay, but I was surprised what a nice job they did on the upper arms. I'd be okay if she got a set of Coulson hands. Robot fingers always look to bulky.

[Image: Full-Agents-of-SHIELD-Yo-Yo-arms.jpg]
I thought they did a really good job with that effect, but it also struck me as a little weird that they went all the way up to her shoulders. Her arms were cut off just above the elbows.
Whilst Deke's admission of attraction to Daisy was amusing by itself, I genuinely laughed out loud at the end when Daisy walked into the room and Mack looked across at Piper with a mumbled "Best not to......." Henry Simmons' delivery of that line, coupled with how genuinely awkward he looked, absolutely broke me for a good thirty seconds afterward.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

(04-14-2018, 07:14 AM)MrSaxon Wrote: Whilst Deke's admission of attraction to Daisy was amusing by itself, I genuinely laughed out loud at the end when Daisy walked into the room and Mack looked across at Piper with a mumbled "Best not to......." Henry Simmons' delivery of that line, coupled with how genuinely awkward he looked, absolutely broke me for a good thirty seconds afterward.

So good.  The furrowed brow and downcast head shake was sheer perfection.
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
I'm damn sure I had the same look on my face as Simmons did when Ruby crushed Von Strucker's head.

The last 15 minutes was some well done intensity. I actually felt bad for Ruby; even before YoYo killed her.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
So, the big question now is - are they going to do anything over the next couple of weeks tying into Infinity War? Because it seems to me next Thursday/Friday is all about alien spaceships landing on Earth, on tv and in theaters.
I can't stand to see myself go through the motions, that bring me back into these same old sad emotions.
(04-21-2018, 02:18 PM)tcjsavannah Wrote: So, the big question now is - are they going to do anything over the next couple of weeks tying into Infinity War? Because it seems to me next Thursday/Friday is all about alien spaceships landing on Earth, on tv and in theaters.

It sure doesn't seem like they're doing any direct tie in, just kind of timing it out to hit similar apocalyptic notes on the same weekend. 

I don't understand how they transformed Deke from completely unbearable to a delight so quickly but they pulled it off.  The lemons-on-the-bunk-as -courtship, 'tell me that's still a thing' bit slayed me.
As funny as it would be if Hale's Kree overseer saw Thanos' crew coming to Earth and did an immediate U-turn, I don't expect a crossover. It would be cool, but the show has enough going on.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
(04-21-2018, 04:07 PM)superlaser Wrote: I don't understand how they transformed Deke from completely unbearable to a delight so quickly but they pulled it off.  The lemons-on-the-bunk-as -courtship, 'tell me that's still a thing' bit slayed me.

Yup. I can't remember the last time I had such a turnaround with a character. I hated the guy at the beginning of the season but absolutely love him now. He's probably the funniest character on the show, and Jeff Ward (WARD!?) plays the goofy version of him so much better than the sneaky, backstabbing version of him we originally got.

Having said that, Henry Simmons got my biggest laugh for the second week in a row.

Mack (looking over at Deke with a distusted face): "Are you wearing deodrant?"

"Hulk HATE Gravitron!"
Git' in under mah belly!
One of the funniest things this week is the cheeky non-explanation we get about how Agent Davies survived last season's events with only a small scar.

"Have you told anyone else that story?"
"Nobody else seems to be interested."

Looking forward to Grand Poobah Talbot next week!
I can't stand to see myself go through the motions, that bring me back into these same old sad emotions.
So did anyone else just assume Talbot had been shot dead last week? The show seems really inconsistent about ICER use.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
(04-28-2018, 11:19 AM)hammerhead Wrote: So did anyone else just assume Talbot had been shot dead last week? The show seems really inconsistent about ICER use.

Have they?  The Icers always have that blu light on the pistol itself when they use them.
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
I didn't recall seeing the blue light last week.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
(04-28-2018, 11:19 AM)hammerhead Wrote: So did anyone else just assume Talbot had been shot dead last week? The show seems really inconsistent about ICER use.

No, I didn't assume they had just straight murdered Talbot.  Jesus Christ!  LOL!

In the back of my head, I've had this lingering expectation that the Agents would fuck it up at least one time, the Earth would crack, but this time they would leave themslves really good notes in order to prevent the mistake.  With the aliens closing in, Fitz and Simmons getting separated, and then Talbot's zany ass climbing into the Gravitonium machine, I figured that surely this would be the week that it happens. 

When it didn't happen, and Talbot and Coulson began ascending to what I assume will be captivity aboard the alien ship, I thought for sure that this would be the biggest surprise the episode would have to offer to me.

Then Daisy began digging up her mother's grave.

"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
Yeah, that was definitely a mindblower.

Oh, another thing I enjoyed this week: Coulson selecting the Nuclear Apocalypse option and then getting scolded for not waiting for all of the options in the menu.

(04-28-2018, 06:13 PM)the nz natural Wrote:

Have they?  The Icers always have that blu light on the pistol itself when they use them.

Not only that, but there's always a blue puff of... smoke? ...dust?, coming off of the person being shot, as did with Talbot, and in this ep. when he shot Jemma.
Git' in under mah belly!
They also make a distinctly different sound than the regular guns. It was the ICER sound when Mack shot Talbot.
Well played, show. Well played.

Well played, show. Well played. Also enjoyed the, ‘So, that shit in New York is craaaaazy’ comment throwaway.
Sounds like this might be getting renewed but don't quote me on that.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(05-04-2018, 08:35 PM)headless fett Wrote: Sounds like this might be getting renewed but don't quote me on that.

https://movietvtechgeeks.com/agents-of-s...-season-6/
After tonight's awesome episode I'm glad to see that Coulson (?) and Co. will return for another season.

Can we talk about how awesome Adrian Pasdar has been the last couple of episodes?

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
He's clearly enjoying himself.
Definitely. Him becoming Graviton is a nice twist and honestly, Pasdar excels at being a bad guy.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Usually I hate it when things divert heavily from their source material but giving Talbot the role of Graviton really worked here, and Pasdar absolutely ran with it. Possibly the best episode of the season, purely for that alone, and that's not even taking into account where the Yo-Yo/Daisy conflict took us, the great scene between Mack and Fitz where the latter is asked to question the man that he's becoming, or the surprisingly touching discussion between Deka and Daisy.

I don't know if this season has eclipsed last season's greatness, but it's certainly done a great job at trying. I sincerely hope we get another season.

Also, this is like soft sequel/sidequel? to Infinity War. Would be interesting to see when the ashings begin.
Sunset with a long nose.....
I bet that the end of Infinity War will definitely be felt in the season finale.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Photo 
(05-05-2018, 03:02 AM)headless fett Wrote: Definitely. Him becoming Graviton is a nice twist and honestly, Pasdar excels at being a bad guy.

They got him in a costume too

Quote:"I declare this chestburster an OUTLAAAAAAWW!"
And he makes it work because he's Adrian Pasdar dammit!

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Am equally stoked we will get a sixth season of this. I am starting to liken this show to Deep Space Nine. Obvious IP tie-in, rough couple of first years, really finding its stride later in the run.
What if the final scene of this season is an extended version of the INFINITY WAR post-credits scene? We zoom in on the beeper with the Captain Marvel logo and a hand moves into frame to pick it up. It's Coulson! Next season we get Brie Larson as a recurring character with cameos from the remaining Avengers.