Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TITANS on DC Universe
"Die. Please, God, die."
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
This looks awful. I thought it was one of those dumb fanmade trailers like WORLD'S FINEST or GRAYSON for a hot second.
home taping is killing music
That final shot of Raven was just laughable.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
You know, I would just dismiss this as being some YA show for teens and be done with it. But the language and ultraviolence mean there's going to be a lot of confusion for fans of, say, Teen Titans Go!

So who exactly is this for?
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
This is so, so, bad.
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee.

PSN ID: anakinsdad

There's no non-stupid sounding way to explain that a show based on Teen Titans isn't meant for kids.
(07-19-2018, 10:45 AM)Misfit Wrote: There's no non-stupid sounding way to explain that a show based on Teen Titans isn't meant for kids.

Yeah, that's what I'm struggling with as well.  Who is the audience for this?

Also, just realized now that Nightwing is the guy from GODS OF EGYPT.  I liked him in that as he seems to have a natural ease and charm about him, but he's displaying none of that here in TITANS.
Are they shipping Robin and Raven instead of Robin and Starfire?
But that's why they're TITANS not Teen Titans!

Yeah this looks God awful.
"The DC Universe service is targeting a fall launch with pre-orders for one year starting at $74.99 – with an extra three months awarded for early sign-ups. Monthly memberships will be available at launch for $7.99 a month. The service is compatible with Apple and Android devices, Roku, and Amazon Fire, and slots in alongside Netflix, Hulu, or any other digital streaming app."

https://deadline.com/2018/07/titans-trai...202429350/
Anybody who plunks down 75 bones for this needs to be committed.*

*I reserve to right to plunk down 75 bones for this if the Swamp Thing TV show looks good.
They're really gonna just let Akiva Goldsman keep working, huh?
IT'S SO EDGY I'M GONNA CUT MYSELF ON IT!
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(07-19-2018, 10:57 AM)Misfit Wrote: Anybody who plunks down 75 bones for this needs to be committed.*

*I reserve to right to plunk down 75 bones for this if the Swamp Thing TV show looks good.

*Same but with Young Justice. 

Also, isn’t Dove supposed to be an avatar of peace or some such? Doesn’t razor wings on her kind of go against that completely?
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
My initial gut reaction is that this looked like a CW show directed by Zack Snyder, but on reflection that's unfair to Zack Snyder. Zack Snyder knows how to actually frame and light a shot.
I hope at the end of the season a xenomorph fights Robin.
(07-19-2018, 12:20 PM)atomtastic Wrote: I hope at the end of the season a xenomorph fights Robin.

It'd probably be pretty easy to do a fan edit of that trailer with the second AVP movie and be just as coherent.
Said this in chat, but I really hope they have Batman pop in and its totally a modern riff on Adam West's Batman. Just a guy in bright tights (team Blue!) whose day would be absolutely ruined if he ever heard Robin say "Fuck Batman", much less murder a guy.

Anyway, he shows up, ZONKS a few goons and lectures Robin on fighting fair and eating right. Then he says something like "Quickly! I must return to Gotham City where I fear crime never rests..." Then he literally leaps out of frame as the camera straightens out.
I lost interest after 30 seconds and turned it off.
Not gritty enough!
I would kinda root for DC as the underdog facing the Marvel behemoth if they weren't so tone-deaf and incompetent.

It's like a guy who has to play against Michael Jordan but then never practices and starts screaming racial epithets.
(07-19-2018, 10:47 AM)Judas Booth Wrote: Yeah, that's what I'm struggling with as well.  Who is the audience for this?

I would have thought that's obvious - the horde of emotionally stunted man-children that constantly demand "dark and mature", which they think means "blood and tits".
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
I just cut out the middleman and demand blood and tits. I probably should stop doing this at Chipotle.
[Image: giphy.gif]
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
So nobody thinks this looks good, right? We can all shit on it?

Attack on Titans
Git' in under mah belly!
This looks like DC, with Wonder Woman 2 and Aquaman looking like proper, fun superhero movies, had to shovel their grim and gritty shit to this show to maintain some sort of balance.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
At least it will be on the paid service so no one will see it.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Jesus this looks so, so bad. Admittedly my only exposure to Teen Titans is Teen Titans Go, but give me that over this any day of the week.
(07-19-2018, 09:45 PM)ryoken Wrote: This looks like DC, with Wonder Woman 2 and Aquaman looking like proper, fun superhero movies, had to shovel their grim and gritty shit to this show to maintain some sort of balance.

That’s a trade I’ll make as I care way more for the movies than the TV stuff.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
"Fuck Batman"? I'm not sure they know who their target audience is supposed to be.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Teen Titans Go movie in a couple of weeks.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
The same audience who keep demanding "The Snyder Cut" probably.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Maybe he's saying, "Holy fuck, Batman!" but like they cut out the "holy" part so as not to spoil the gag.
Or it's setting up an adaptation of my DeviantArt page!
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(07-20-2018, 01:10 AM)headless fett Wrote: The same audience who keep demanding "The Snyder Cut" probably.

Nope. Smile
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear