Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.26 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
(08-31-2018, 08:46 PM)ChrisW Wrote: Trump is not even going to talk about Cruz in his speech. It will be glorious.
I can't decide whether it would be funnier for him to get no mention at all, or a "well, I hate this guy and he sucks, but they want me to tell you to vote for him anyway" non-endorsement like Luther Strange got. But you're right, it's going to be at least 98% ludicrous self-glorification and/or paranoid ravings about the Russia investigation.
Also, you KNOW Trump hasn't forgotten about what Cruz did at the RNC. Will Trump think of the greater good or will he end his speech by urging his supporters to "follow their conscience" on election day? We all know the answer to that.
Heidi Cruz needs to do a run in during 45's speech and hit him with a steel chair.
Did we talk yet about the white nationalist who just stepped down from the Department of Homeland Security this week who had attended multiple immigration policy meetings at the White House?

Sigh.  I mean, not surprising, but sigh:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat...b3649e6078

Quote:Ian M. Smith, a Department of Homeland Security analyst who resigned this week after he was confronted about his ties to white nationalist groups, attended multiple immigration policy meetings at the White House, according to government officials familiar with his work.

Smith quit his job Tuesday after being questioned about personal emails he sent and received between 2014 and 2016, before he joined the Trump administration. The messages, obtained by the Atlantic and detailed in a report published Tuesday, depict Smith engaging in friendly, casual conversations with prominent white supremacists and racists. 

In one email from 2015, Smith responded to a group dinner invitation whose host said his home would be “judenfrei,” a German word used by the Nazis during World War II to describe territory that had been “cleansed” of Jews during the Holocaust. 

“They don’t call it Freitag for nothing,” Smith replied, using the German word for “Friday,” according to the Atlantic. “I was planning to hit the bar during the dinner hours and talk to people like Matt Parrot, etc.,” Smith added, a reference to the former spokesman for the neo-Nazi Traditionalist Worker Party.

The Washington Post was unable to independently obtain the emails.

Smith, a Trump political appointee, did not respond to phone calls and emails seeking comment. The White House referred questions to DHS, where officials said they could not discuss Smith’s work, but that he immediately quit when asked if the emails were his.
(08-31-2018, 08:18 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: Cruz begging a non-assist from a man whose ass he eagerly licked even after said man gratuitously slurred his wife apropos of nothing and going on to lose anyway would be sweetest candy.

[Image: ypmNK4Tl.png]

This is the face of a man who has sold his soul to the Devil.

"Jesus Christ! You've got some problems! First the balls, now my death!" - Daniel Craig

(09-01-2018, 01:02 AM)anger management Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 08:18 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: Cruz begging a non-assist from a man whose ass he eagerly licked even after said man gratuitously slurred his wife apropos of nothing and going on to lose anyway would be sweetest candy.

And He Didn't Even Get This Lousy Tee Shirt
El Salvador says three migrant children separated from their families were sexually abused at U.S. shelters:

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-el-sa...story.html

Quote:Three children from El Salvador who were separated from their families after immigrating to the U.S. were sexually abused in detention centers in Arizona, according to a Salvadoran government official.

The alleged victims — all in their teens — are still in government custody and have not been reunited with their families, Deputy Foreign Relations Minister Liduvina Magarin said.

Magarin, speaking to reporters in El Salvador on Thursday, said U.S. officials should immediately release the children from detention “to shield them … from being abused.”

Accusations of sexual abuse at detention centers have emerged in recent weeks. Former employees at two Arizona shelters run by Southwest Key, a Texas-based nonprofit, are facing criminal charges.
https://www.newsweek.com/papadopulos-tru...16-1100898
Watching the McCain funeral live at the National Cathedral right now, and damn...Meghan McCain be burnin' Fat Boy Donnie hard in her eulogy.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Obama speech, wow. Miss the fuck out of that dude.
I completely forgot how nourishing it can be to listen to President Obama, he's chicken soup for the soul.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
Evidently the Fat Orange Fuck is currently spending the weekend...golfing at his Virginia club, when Sen. McCain was being laid to rest.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

(09-01-2018, 09:38 AM)shaunh Wrote: https://www.newsweek.com/papadopulos-tru...16-1100898

It's crazy that we're now finally at that stage we're we have it ON PAPER AND QUOTED that our piece of urine stained manure President colluded with Russia, and we can't even say when he'll get impeached, much less go to jail because there's just too many powerful people connected to this idiot.

Basically, I do believe that a lot of Republicans are waiting to see what happens in November before they do anything permanent.
"There's only one question to resolve. I'm scared. I feel a little crazy. I'm not lucid. The assumptions are right. I can feel my fear growing. Now is the time for the answer. Just one question. One question to answer.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
[i]WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

[/i]

(09-01-2018, 01:16 PM)ska oreo Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 09:38 AM)shaunh Wrote: https://www.newsweek.com/papadopulos-tru...16-1100898

Basically, I do believe that a lot of Republicans are waiting to see what happens in November before they do anything permanent.

Which makes them even bigger chickenshits than they already are.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
(09-01-2018, 01:20 PM)vtran Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 01:16 PM)ska oreo Wrote:

Which makes them even bigger chickenshits than they already are.

Oh of course.  The democrats can and should be dealt with once we manage to return to a sane® state of government, but the RNC is fucking cancer. And if Conservatives actually claim to love their country like they do, they'd burn the Republican party down and start over.

But they won't because I guess it's more important to be told they're better than Brown people.
"There's only one question to resolve. I'm scared. I feel a little crazy. I'm not lucid. The assumptions are right. I can feel my fear growing. Now is the time for the answer. Just one question. One question to answer.

[i]WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

[/i]

commodorejohn
[quote pid='4542461' dateline='1535778129']
[quote pid='4542430' dateline='1535761097']
Cruz begging a non-assist from a man whose ass he eagerly licked even after said man gratuitously slurred his wife apropos of nothing and going on to lose anyway would be sweetest candy.
[/quote]

And got nothing in return.
[/quote]
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
How about a more truthful campaign poster?

Attached Files Image(s)

Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
(09-01-2018, 12:48 PM)leto ii Wrote: Evidently the Fat Orange Fuck is currently spending the weekend...golfing at his Virginia club, when Sen. McCain was being laid to rest.

In his slight defense, it's not like he blew off the memorial, because he wasn't invited. 

Of course, the other side of this is that he doesn't realise this is a bad look, and the people in his admin don't realise it or won't tell him.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
(09-01-2018, 01:59 AM)schwartz Wrote: [Image: ypmNK4Tl.png]

The face of a man who gets outsold by Ricky Roma at Premier Properties every month.

I said I was bailing after yesterday, but I just had to say that.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
(09-01-2018, 10:22 AM)leto ii Wrote: Watching the McCain funeral live at the National Cathedral right now, and damn...Meghan McCain be burnin' Fat Boy Donnie hard in her eulogy.

Was it Machiavelli or Sun Tzu who once said, "When insecure in thyself, the warrior should passive-aggressively lash out at the family of a dead veteran."?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...0087644160
Regardless of how divisve MCCain was, I have to give it to him on how he made sure his funeral was a huge bipartisan "Fuck You!" to Trump.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
(09-01-2018, 08:50 PM)ryoken Wrote: Regardless of how divisve MCCain was, I have to give it to him on how he made sure his funeral was a huge bipartisan "Fuck You!" to Trump.

I'm basically reposting what I put on The Root, Splinter, and Reddit but it could be summed up as maybe John McCain backed the wrong side. It's his political opponents who have basically treated him on average with respect while his own side ultimately had a lot of them skewering him and discarding him but even before then, there was a long history of treating him abominably by other Republicans.

"Here’s what I said over at The Root but the gist of it was that sure, inviting GW Bush was about sticking it to Trump now but back in the 2000 election campaign, Bush and his cronies (especially in the form of Karl Rove) treated John McCain abominably back then in the Republican primaries back then and no blow was too low. There’s no way Bush didn’t know what they were doing (as Al Franken said in one of his books, they caught him on tape).

Add to what mindless voters are saying about him now in death (calling him a RINO), only the Democrats didn’t stoop to any of this. Should have been a Democrat and had better beliefs given how he ended up being treated in the end by the members of his own party for such a long time, shouldn’t he given how it all turned out anyway.

“Former President George W. Bush also delivered a eulogy, something that Obama joked about during his remarks.”

The things they said about John McCain during the 2000 Republican primary election campaign, I believe at Karl Rove’s instigation and it’s not like GW didn’t know and couldn’t have stopped him - he was caught on tape knowing about the behind the scenes slandering of John McCain to win the primary.

Al Franken in his book “Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them” in the “Why Did Anyone Think It Would Change?” chapter cover it such as the whisper campaign against John McCain in the South Carolina primary and the provenance of his children, I think the worst thing I remember hearing might have been insinuating his adopted daughter from Bangladesh was an illegitimate love child.

Sure, this might be sticking it to Trump now, but between his mindless supporters calling you a RINO now even in (especially in) death and how they treated you then, just maybe John McCain was in the wrong party from the point of view of which one consistently treated him with any genuine respect at all over the years."
Last post for reals before I black out. But buried here is that Fuckabee is not happy about Trump’s McCain (lack of) response and I can only hope she resigns post haste.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...agreements
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
But she’s cool with children in cages. Cool.
(09-02-2018, 03:08 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Last post for reals before I black out. But buried here is that Fuckabee is not happy about Trump’s McCain (lack of) response and I can only hope she resigns post haste.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...agreements

So it took a letter from the American Legion to force Trump to issue an official statement and lower the flag again? If the American Legion really gives a damn, they should tell their members how anti-veteran Trump is, since he also insulted McCain about only liking soldiers who weren't captured, and got into a public quarrel with a Gold Star family.

"Jesus Christ! You've got some problems! First the balls, now my death!" - Daniel Craig

(09-01-2018, 01:16 PM)ska oreo Wrote: Basically, I do believe that a lot of Republicans are waiting to see what happens in November before they do anything permanent.

No belief is necessary. Lindsey Graham has all but confirmed this is what they're doing in his comments about Sessions. 

Regardless of the outcome in November, though, I don't believe for a second that this Republican party will do anything to assist or encourage the removal of Cheeto from office.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Trump is wailing about the Collins and Hunter indictments on Twitter and shrieking at the Justice Department (calling out Sessions in particular) for bringing the indictments so close to election.
Hey, remember how Mueller was going to have everything wrapped up by September?

Much as I want this done right... there's an emotional toll to being two years into this timeline divergence with no end in sight.

I might feel better if there was a Democrat out there who looked like they'd be able to actually challenge the guy in 2020. But everyone seems blind to their shortcomings, which is exactly what landed us here in the first place. Every candidate so eager to take the guy on has really only one shot: that it's Pence they're running against instead of Trump.

To put it out there, here's my greatest anxiety about 2020: That it's Trump v Biden, or Trump v Harris, and they lose. Because 2016 was a fluke, and can be rationalized as such. But a loss in 2020 is a full-throated endorsement of every shitty thing these guys will have implemented over the prior 4 years.

This is basically the inverse to how I felt in 2012; then, it was about proving that the election of Obama wasn't a fluke - that we, as a nation, truly reaffirmed that this is who best represents who we are as a people. Then I feared that electing Mitt would have essentially proved the Right Wing narrative of the time - which was that Obama was basically elected because he was black, as a novelty, and that now that everyone had patted themselves on their backs for electing a black president, we'd go back to business as usual. 2012's win was in some ways sweeter than 2008 for me - because it felt like it cemented the path we were on.

In a very real way, I feel like 2020 is MUCH larger than 2016. Because right now we're fighting back here and there, despite the Republican Empire holding power at nearly all levels. And we're having some (limited) success. But if an R is elected to the White House in 2020.... it cements the road we're on. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let my kids walk down it.
I get the emotional toll of all this shit, man. I've probably aged more in the last two years than I did in the previous decade. Every week brings some new wrinkle of awfulness, every couple of months we descend into another circle of Hell, and it just feels like it won't ever end. But I'm not really worried about 2020 right now. 2020 is, essentially, going to be little more than picking an emcee for the ongoing fallout of Russiagate. Trump isn't going to be running; we've already seen his facade of plausible deniability eaten away to nothing more than a patchy, threadbare sheet, and I have no doubt that we'll have conclusively established his knowledge of and involvement in the affair by next spring, if not the end of this year. I do not for a minute believe that he will still be president two years from now; all we're really waiting on at this point is for the last few links to be established, the special counsel's investigation to wrap up, and enough seats in Congress to flip that the GOP can no longer stymie this thing.

As for what it might say about us as a country, well, anything that needs to be said already was said in 2016. And that's both good and bad. If you want reason to believe that Trump's election was a fluke, you need only look at how not even they seriously thought he would win. It was a fluke, in the sense that only the confluence of a full-fledged campaign of active meddling by a foreign adversary, an even weaker, more craven GOP field than ever before, and a fringe right energized by (and a fringe left demoralized and alienated by) the DNC rallying around a candidate who had piles upon piles of baggage even apart from serving as the GOP's own favorite bugbear for decades could have produced this result.

But, then, it's also kind of not a fluke, in that the people who did vote for this guy have always been a part of the social and political fabric of this country, and that fact won't change no matter who gets to take over the Oval Office two years from now, same as the election of a black guy two terms running didn't conveniently make them disappear in a rapture of progressive enlightenment no matter how many young liberals wanted to feel that way. There's no easy, comfortable answer to the situation we find ourselves in; there's just the ongoing struggle of people with functioning consciences to deal with the actions of amoral tyrants, and maybe, sometimes, reach through to people who've forgotten that they used to have functioning consciences.
Trump (or Pence) winning in 2020 has to be taken with the LARGEST grain of salt when you consider gerrymandering, voter suppression and colluding with the treasonous aid of a foreign superpower to help swing the election. It would be a huge blow, but not an entirely surprising one given how they're blatantly, illegally stacking the deck against the much larger opposition who's fully aware of their tactics.
We'll know better after the midterms, but I think we're going to defeat Trump in the mother of all landslides come 2020.
Yeah, I'm definitely worried about 2020, but moreso about 2024 to be honest. Because I have near-zero doubt that people will turn out this year, and I fully believe that the animosity towards the worst human being to ever be President will boost turn out more than enough to overcome Trump's base in 2020.

But people seek out easy narratives. It's how we got here, with smug psuedo-intellectuals crowing, "They're all the same!" as the clearly far worse "same" waddled into power. There will be an urge for otherwise decent people to celebrate a blue wave this year, and especially an ousting of Drumpf in 2020, as a knockout punch and start dancing around the ring like Apollo Creed in Rocky 4. But fittingly in this metaphor, the Republican Party is the Russian Drago, and losing the House or even all three branches of government isn't going to knock them out.

30% of this country will always represent the worst of us; the horrible combination of evil, ignorance, and ego that compels them to keep voting for people just like them. And they will always vote. We have to change the narrative of the average American (non) voter. Turn out has to permanently change - just a little, or the next Republican regime will be even worse, and we don't have much room left to fall before we risk losing sight of the top of the hole we're in.

But as for now, we have this year, and the combination of hope, frustration and impatience that it brings. Sadly, investigations of this scope don't move quickly. It sucks that a guy who should've been removed five seconds after being sworn in is likely going to be around for at least a third year. But we need to worry about what we can control - pushing back against stupidity, evil, and complicity in every way available.
Gamertag: Tweakee
2020 will not be a crossroads for the country because if Trump wins it will mean we have embraced Trumpism. It will be a crossroads because if we allow them to steal the election in 2020 we might as well just give up and let the rich use us as batteries.
What bailey said.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
And we won't even get to know kung fu.