Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
(11-02-2018, 07:47 PM)chief zabu Wrote: I have no stake in this game, excepting the fact that Canada is right next door to the north and we've got more than a couple of Trump Jr's who have somehow been elected recently as leaders to higher provincial office, and at least a few more that are chomping at the bit. We are just year out from our own next federal election, and I will concede that Justin Trudeau has not been the the perfect Prime Minister, and as result his government is certainly not safe. (I would be willing to discuss the minutiae in a separate forum section, if anyone has an interest). Until that time, I implore you to show the world that America is a land of vision, instead of a land of fear. Just get out and VOTE, dammit - so Congress (at least) and the Senate (wishful thinking) can put a collar on this rabid dog of a president.

There is a Trudeau thread here, but not much action therein. 

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread.php?tid=160031
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

I think the lack of traffic on the Trudeau thread is because most of us are spending all our time watching the antics down south with slack-jawed incredulity.
[Image: DrCPgdTW4AAX_cb.jpg]

Tonight's MAGA rally in Indiana features coach Bobby Knight, who apparently has yet to remove his zombie makeup from two nights ago.
This is what we're fighting to prevent:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sau...fb1d023015

Quote:The two Saudi Arabian sisters who were found dead on the shores of the Hudson River in New York are not believed to be victims of foul play, authorities said on Friday.

The bodies of Tala Farea, 16, and Rotana Farea, 22, were discovered duct-taped together at the waist and feet on Oct. 24. 

Earlier this week, police said the mother of the girls claimed she received a call from the Saudi Arabian embassy in Washington, D.C. inquiring about the daughters’ asylum applications, and ordering the whole family to leave the country. 

At a press conference on Friday, New York City Police Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea said the sisters were seen praying in a playground near the river hours before their bodies were found. He added that detectives were told by sources that the sisters said they would rather die than return to Saudi Arabia.

The reich wing likely considers this a win.

Vote. Get out the vote. Boycott any company that supports a terrorist organization (the Republican Party).
Gamertag: Tweakee
Interesting Real Time tonight.  First segment was NYT journalist Bari Weiss.  She grew up in Squirrel Hill as a member of that synagogue.  And had a solid closing statement. 

Brief roundtable followed by a long interview w/ Barbra Streisand.  Bill seemed to know all her albums lol.
SCOTUS sides against the Trump admin on a climate change lawsuit. No word on how the new Judge Dreadful voted:

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/i...ssion=true
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
How is being ducttaped together at the waist and feet not a sign of foul play? Are they saying they drowned each other?
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(11-03-2018, 04:52 AM)Richard Dickson Wrote: How is being ducttaped together at the waist and feet not a sign of foul play?  Are they saying they drowned each other?

Yeah I thought that was a misprint at first. That sounds sketchy as Hell.
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
My assumption is that they did so to be sure that they died together and would be found together.

Picture a three-legged race. No hands bound. Taped together side-by-side, not for restraint.

It's just incredibly sad. They are two victims of a successful terror campaign carried out by an American political party.
The FDA approved an opiod yesterday that is five t ten times more potent than pharmaceutical fentanyl.  Critics believe this will cause more overdose deaths:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...d01c381c76

Quote:The Food and Drug Administration approved a powerful opioid Friday for use in health-care settings, rejecting criticism from some of its advisers that the drug would inevitably be diverted to illicit use and cause more overdose deaths.

The opioid is five to 10 times more potent than pharmaceutical fentanyl. A tiny pill that is just three millimeters in diameter, it is likely to worsen the nation’s drug crisis, according to critics and the head of the FDA’s advisory committee on painkillers. 

FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb issued an unusual statement saying he would seek more authority for the agency to consider whether there are too many similar drugs on the market, which might allow the agency to turn down future applications for new opioid approvals.

“We need to address the question that I believe underlies the criticism raised in advance of this approval,” Gottlieb wrote. “To what extent should we evaluate each opioid solely on its own merits, and to what extent should we also consider . . . the epidemic of opioid misuse and abuse that’s gripping our nation?”
How may I get a prescription for said opioid??
(11-03-2018, 02:10 PM)bradito Wrote: How may I get a prescription for said opioid??

Just wait....if the Dems lose the House and DJT remains in power, they'll be needing to put that shit in the water inside of 2 years.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
So much is riding on this Midterm, it's really making me nervous. Without a Congress to oppose him, Trump is gonna go full dictatorship in the next 2 years.

"Jesus Christ! You've got some problems! First the balls, now my death!" - Daniel Craig

I voted already, so if you guys fuck this up, I'll be v disappointed.
(11-03-2018, 02:31 PM)anger management Wrote: So much is riding on this Midterm, it's really making me nervous. Without a Congress to oppose him, Trump is gonna go full dictatorship in the next 2 years.

I'm nervous as well, but optimistic.  New voter registration is up and people seem energized like never before.  Especially for a midterm.  I expect the house to turn blue, 45 will rant about things being "rigged" and then he'll move on to something else horrible by the end of the year.
Trump ended Obama's fiduciary rule, and a shady product has boomed since:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/steak-dinne...1540656000

Quote:A retirement investment product associated with steak-dinner sales pitches is flourishing thanks to the death of a regulation once expected to curtail it.

Annuity sales totaled $59.5 billion in the April-to-June period, the highest since late 2015, according to the Limra Secure Retirement Institute. Sales are expected to remain strong through at least the rest of the year.
Obama shuts down a heckler.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/po...ms-751555/

I too get why the right is always angry; even more so when they win.
Lets hope this is how Tuesday goes.
[video=youtube]http://[/video]
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Obama left a $40 tip!
A CNN reporter apparently at random asked a woman if Obama’s presence at a rally for Andrew Gillum would help her decide who to vote for.

The woman said it would.

Then the woman said she was Gillum’s mother.

LOL.

(11-03-2018, 04:50 PM)chaz Wrote: Obama shuts down a heckler.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/po...ms-751555/

Report so that the heckler actually turned into corncob are thus far unconfirmed.
"Knock the hell out of him" vs. "Don't curse in front of kids." Jesus do I miss that guy.
(11-03-2018, 02:10 PM)bradito Wrote: How may I get a prescription for said opioid??

Hey, Brad - I know you meant this as a joke, but please don't. I'm not cool with anyone here joking about doing something that threatens their own lives. Especially you, my man.

Normally I appreciate your self-deprecating posts. But please stay away from this kind.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Oksy, I'll stick to eating raw cookie dough as I navigate sobriety.
(11-03-2018, 02:31 PM)anger management Wrote: So much is riding on this Midterm, it's really making me nervous. Without a Congress to oppose him, Trump is gonna go full dictatorship in the next 2 years.

"There is a sense that the midterms mark the end of something – maybe Trump’s unchecked domination over American political life; maybe the American experiment itself. That we don’t know which imbues every day with as much heaviness as hope."

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status...0557804544
My hopes and best wishes are with you all next week.
I'd love both chambers of Congress to flip but I'll settle for the House. That would be enough to start investigations and slow this fucker down.
At minimum, I need the House to flip.

I'll take several Governor seats as well, especially in flip states like Ohio and Florida.
I want Kemp to lose in Georgia so badly. After all the fascist tactics he’s tried and the latest round of KKK robocalls, that Nazi fucker needs to see it was all for NOTHING.
(11-04-2018, 11:59 AM)analog olmos Wrote: I want Kemp to lose in Georgia so badly.  After all the fascist tactics he’s tried and the latest round of KKK robocalls, that Nazi fucker needs to see it was all for NOTHING.

Co-signed.  Georgia's going to be a squeaker, but Kemp needs a big smacking down.
There's no doubt that governorships and state legislatures will move blue in a sizable way, it's just about how much. And it won't be talked about as much as the DC races, but those state roles are a huge deal as well.

Agreed that it would be crushing if the House doesn't flip. If not now, when? I'd definitely be in, "Need a new, more drastic plan going forward" mode at that point.

The Senate flipping would be like rooting for my team to make the playoffs, only to see them win the championship. It's definitely possible, but I'm not going to be down if it doesn't happen. The map just sucks this year. But that also means that 2020 (20-11 Republicans defending) and 2022 (21-12) will suck for Republicans trying to maintain their grip.

So, let's be realistic, positive, and get through Tuesday together! Oh, and I'm planning a Red Dead or Netflix binge early to make sure I don't obsess over the first 2% of counted votes!
Well, it's nice to see him admitting what Russia did:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...6427808768

Quote:Rumor has it that Senator Joe Donnelly of Indiana is paying for Facebook ads for his so-called opponent on the libertarian ticket. Donnelly is trying to steal the election? Isn’t that what Russia did!?
Just In: Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh will join @realDonaldTrump at his final pre-midterms rally in Missouri tomorrow.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Trump missed his calling as a writer for late night!
As if whitewashing The Fat Boys was a bad enough idea...
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Donald Trump are like the white supremacist Human Centipede.