Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
(11-08-2018, 03:25 PM)boone daniels Wrote: I know we've got a lot going on, but it's worth noting that we might actually pick up that Senate seat in Arizona, as well as the one in Florida and the Governorship there. The Florida races in particular are all jacked up.

While it would be a tremendous victory to get any or all of those seats back on recount/provisional ballots, we should all also be ready for the massive surge of voter fraud deep state stolen election conspiracy madness that would unleash.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Florida recount is official:

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1...J7OcFpc7NQ
home taping is killing music
(11-08-2018, 03:34 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Florida recount is official:

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1...J7OcFpc7NQ

I cant be alone in thinking that Gillum winning the recount could lead to shootings or full on race war?
Because its Fucking Florida we are talking about.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
(11-08-2018, 04:01 PM)ryoken Wrote: I cant be alone in thinking that Gillum winning the recount could lead to shootings or full on race war?

Shootings? Maybe. We're already getting those just from Trump incitement.

Race war? Ha. No. The number of violent racists is small. The number that are willing to publicly identify as racists is smaller. The number willing to actually leave the safety of their basement to be part of some violent uprising is minuscule.

What you'd end up seeing is a public call to arms, followed by a half dozen doughy Nazis showing up, pissing themselves, and running to the cops for protection.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Other than a generic “monitoring” tweet about the Borderline shooting, he hasn’t tweeted a word since the Sessions news.

Roger Stone crony Andrew Miller is trying to fight a subpoena against Mueller. Miller’s lawyers expect to lose.

Let’s keep this news cycle quiet.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Hey, they fucking owe us for 2000.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(11-08-2018, 04:07 PM)farsight Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 04:01 PM)ryoken Wrote: I cant be alone in thinking that Gillum winning the recount could lead to shootings or full on race war?

Shootings? Maybe. We're already getting those just from Trump incitement.

Race war? Ha. No. The number of violent racists is small. The number that are willing to publicly identify as racists is smaller. The number willing to actually leave the safety of their basement to be part of some violent uprising is minuscule.

What you'd end up seeing is a public call to arms, followed by a half dozen doughy Nazis showing up, pissing themselves, and running to the cops for protection.

Not that I think there is going to be some kind of race war, but what you aren't including here is the danger of what the Republicans are accomplishing as we speak.  The kind of wingnut hateful people you're talking about are relatively few (though more than we once imagined), but there are a large number of people who are willing to go along with them, if that's what their leaders are endorsing.  The problem isn't what's in the hearts and minds of these kind of people- the problem is that they're so willing to give their hearts and minds to despots.
A lot of voting machines went unused in Georgia:

https://politics.myajc.com/news/state--r...KESx42TYM/
The Senate Judiciary Committee passed a Mueller protection bill to the floor earlier this year. McConnell still wants nothing to do with it, but Chris Coons and living profile of courage Jeff Flake are trying to force a vote next week:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politic...ill-978362
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
The rapid response crowd in Times Square is ENORMOUS. Others saying that the protest at the White House is the biggest they’ve seen in all their years of living.
Seeing speculation that a Junior arrest is happening. Could explain why Trump has been so silent today and why he’s been acting like someone cut his coke stash with Benadryl.

The real question: was it Mueller or farmed off to SDNY?

Also in news: Sinema got a bump in the count, and Nelson AND Gillum are likely headed into recount territory.
(11-08-2018, 08:15 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: The rapid response crowd in Times Square is ENORMOUS. Others saying that the protest at the White House is the biggest they’ve seen in all their years of living.

This is what I want to see; ordinary Americans all across this nation rising up to tell this Administration to go fuck themselves.

"Jesus Christ! You've got some problems! First the balls, now my death!" - Daniel Craig

This is pretty cool [crosses fingers]

McSally vs. Sinema ballot update: About 9,600 votes separate the candidates, with Sinema in the lead

Sinema=D
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
(11-08-2018, 10:29 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Seeing speculation that a Junior arrest is happening. Could explain why Trump has been so silent today and why he’s been acting like someone cut his coke stash with Benadryl.

Also in news: Sinema got a bump in the count, and Nelson AND Gillum are likely headed into recount territory.

Rick Scott's not taking it well:

https://twitter.com/stevebousquet/status...0924654593

Quote:Rick Scott accuses liberals in Broward of “trying to steal this election” from him, and orders FDLE to launch an investigation of Brenda Snipes
Let it be known that only two white men have made baldness look flattering: Sean Connery and Telly Savalas.
Yul Brynner has them all beat
Sam Jackson rocks a good clean shaven look.
Lots of big protests out there tonight. Even Columbia, South Carolina had a few hundred people out there:

https://twitter.com/IndivisibleSC_2/stat...1483417600
BruceL is also highly regarded for his bald white looks.
Here's the twitter page for #ProtectMueller
A long shot?  Sure, but let's not forget there's a runoff for Senate in Mississippi at the end of the month:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/mississi...aniel.html

Quote:Mississippi Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith and Democratic challenger Mike Espy will advance to a runoff for Senate, NBC News projects.

None of the candidates in Tuesday's special election to replace retired Sen. Thad Cochran are expected to reach the 50 percent mark needed to win outright. State Sen. Chris McDaniel is set to come in third..

Hyde-Smith, who was appointed to replace the ailing 80-year-old Cochran earlier this year, enters the head to head matchup as a heavy favorite in the deep red state. Espy, the former Agriculture secretary, will try to pull off a massive upset that would give Democrats more leverage in the Senate.

The runoff will take place on Nov. 27.
It seems in all likelihood these will be the same protesters who already oppose the current administration.

Vice News show on HBO2 tonight spent the entire episode behind the scenes with Katie Hill's campaign against Steve Knight.  It was pretty compelling and had a happy ending.
(11-08-2018, 10:29 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Seeing speculation that a Junior arrest is happening. Could explain why Trump has been so silent today and why he’s been acting like someone cut his coke stash with Benadryl.

Really hoping tomorrow sees big moves from Mueller (or the Mueller-adjacent). Let the full-on legal assault begin.
I'm hoping the Whitaker appointment does not stand.  It's absurd.  So yeah, hopefully there's a splash coming that will allow Rosenstein, etc., to push back.
Florida Republicans are basically arguing that continuing to count votes in theses unfinished races is... illegal?  Okay, but going hard has worked before:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1...6562580482

Quote:Republicans going hard on Florida because it worked once before and got them an entire presidency!

Trump's involved too:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...1193484288

Quote:Law Enforcement is looking into another big corruption scandal having to do with Election Fraud in #Broward and Palm Beach. Florida voted for Rick Scott!

Pretty clear abuse of power, no?
(11-08-2018, 10:53 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Let it be known that only two white men have made baldness look flattering: Sean Connery and Telly Savalas.

IMNSHO,  I rock the shaved head look.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Jeff Sessions had one last racist act to drop before leaving us:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/us/po...crees.html

Quote:Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions has drastically limited the ability of federal law enforcement officials to use court-enforced agreements to overhaul local police departments accused of abuses and civil rights violations, the Justice Department announced on Thursday.

In a major last-minute act, Mr. Sessions signed a memorandum on Wednesday before President Trump fired him sharply curtailing the use of so-called consent decrees, court-approved deals between the Justice Department and local governments that create a road map of changes for law enforcement and other institutions.

The move means that the decrees, used aggressively by Obama-era Justice Department officials to fight police abuses, will be more difficult to enact. Mr. Sessions had signaled he would pull back on their use soon after he took office when he ordered a review of the existing agreements, including with police departments in Baltimore, Chicago and Ferguson, Mo., enacted amid a national outcry over the deaths of black men at the hands of officers.

Mr. Sessions imposed three stringent requirements for the agreements. Top political appointees must sign off the deals, rather than the career lawyers who have done so in the past; department lawyers must lay out evidence of additional violations beyond unconstitutional behavior; and the deals must have a sunset date, rather than being in place until police or other law enforcement agencies have shown improvement.
British lawmakers are imploring the Trump administration to not allow racist asshole Tommy Robinson into the United States next week:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/brits-urge...-out-of-us

Quote:Dozens of British lawmakers are imploring the Trump administration not to allow a prominent far-right English Islamophobe into the U.S. to address like-minded audiences in Washington next week. 

More than 50 members of Parliament warned Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that granting an entry waiver to Tommy Robinson, the founder of the extremist English Defense League, risked violence. Robinson’s real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. 

“The intention of the visit in question is for Yaxley-Lennon to speak to prominent audiences in Washington DC, and to secure media appearances to promote his violent and extremist agenda,” the parliamentarians wrote in a Nov. 8 letter obtained by The Daily Beast. 

“Such demonstrations have resulted in outbreaks of violence in the past. We also suspect any event in the United States, featuring him, could be subject to similar demonstrations.” 
British lawmakers know who Donald Trump is, right?
Lindsey Graham actually got confronted on Fox News about his 2017 comments about there being "holy hell to pay" if Jeff Sessions was fired.  He didn't seem prepared for that: "When was that?  What year?"

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/lindsey-grah...-was-that/

Quote:Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) faced a seemingly uncomfortable moment on Fox News Thursday when confronted with his past remarks claiming there would be “holy hell to pay” if Jeff Sessions was fired.

During an interview with Martha MacCallum just a day after the Attorney General’s ouster, Sessions listened to a playback of his July 2017 comments in which he also said that “any effort to go after Mueller could be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency, unless Mueller did something wrong.”

Once the clip ended, Graham asked MacCallum, “When was that? What year?” then explained his apparent change of tune.

“Every president deserves an attorney general they have confidence in and they can work with,” he said. “I like Jeff Sessions. I’ve known Jeff for a long time. I hope he goes and runs for his old Senate seat in Alabama. It’s clear to me it’s not working, was not working between Attorney General Sessions and President Trump. For months now I’ve been saying, after the election, if the president wants to change attorney generals (sic), he has every right to do so.”

The senator also vocalized his support for Sessions’ replacement, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker despite Whitaker’s criticism of Special Counsel Robert Mueller‘s investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
(11-09-2018, 12:33 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Trump's involved too:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...1193484288

Quote:Law Enforcement is looking into another big corruption scandal having to do with Election Fraud in #Broward and Palm Beach. Florida voted for Rick Scott!

Pretty clear abuse of power, no?

I assume this will end like most "VOTER FRAUD!" to-dos - the Republicans are up in arms, worried about how illegal voting is costing them elections, and some GOP-affiliated official will be arrested and charged.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
A member of the British House of Lords is a main advocate to remove U.S. sanctions for Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/201...ssian-firm

Quote:A Conservative peer who chairs a firm being sanctioned in the US for its Russian links has declined to give public evidence about it to a parliamentary committee, leaked documents disclose.

Lord Barker of Battle, the chair of the aluminium giant EN+ which is majority-owned by Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, did not wish to appear in open session before MPs because he hopes to persuade Washington to lift the sanctions, letters show.

Sanctions were imposed on Deripaska and EN+ in April because of the oligarch’s close relationship with the Russian president, Vladimir Putin. The letters from Barker are due to be discussed by the foreign affairs select committee, which is looking into the flow of Russian money into the UK, on Wednesday.

The disclosure will raise concerns that the peer is being allowed to avoid parliamentary scrutiny. A Whitehall source said it was “highly unusual” for a parliamentarian not to give public evidence to a committee.

The letters also detail Barker’s attempts to persuade the US authorities to lift sanctions against EN+.

In April, the US treasury imposed sanctions on the company – whose assets include a stake in Rusal, the world’s second-largest aluminium producer – over what it called the Kremlin’s “malign activities”. Overall, it acted against seven oligarchs, 12 companies they own or control, as well as 17 senior Russian government officials amid allegations of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election and other issues. Deripaska resigned from EN+’s board in May but remains its biggest shareholder.

MPs are examining the issue of Russian money flowing into the UK following the nerve agent attack in Salisbury in March, which has been blamed upon the Kremlin, a charge it denies.
A Montana judge blocked construction of the Keystone XL pipeline:

Quote:Washington (CNN)A federal judge halted construction of the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline on Thursday, in a blow to the Trump administration and a win for environmental groups.

US District Judge Brian Morris found that the US government's use of a 2014 environmental review to justify issuing a presidential permit for construction of the cross-border pipeline violated the National Environmental Policy Act, the Endangered Species Act and the Administrative Procedure Act, according to the court order issued Thursday.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/09/politics/...index.html
“That which doesn't kill you wasn't done right.”—Khaya Dlanga
"Lord Barker of Battle"

Again, if this whole ugly mess was fiction discovered in some publishing slush pile, over the top details like this would get it rejected.