Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker - A "pain without end" Overlord discussion thread
Brad gets it.
I love stories about quitter heroes being challenged!

especially after I've already seen them succeed

dark knight rises is really funny!
Sulky heroes are so chibi.
In the original Star Wars, you get the sense that Obi-Wan fought in the Clone Wars and has since retired to live the quiet life. In ESB, you meet Yoda, who's a pacifist that apparently walked away from the authoritarian Empire decades earlier.

Then you find out that they just gave up in the prequels.

Luke believes his father can be redeemed and risks his life to bring him back from the Dark Side in ROTJ.

Then you find out in TFA that he gave up after his nephew pulled a Vader.

No heroes. Seriously.
(11-22-2018, 07:46 PM)Bucho Wrote: When the last time he tried to save Han before he was ready he failed anyway and lost a limb in the process?

Watch Empire Strikes Back some time, it's pretty good.

Yeah, it'd be a shame for Luke to lose another hand and get a sweet robot hand. I'm sure Han will be fi--

Oh...

OHHHHHHHHH.
(11-22-2018, 07:57 PM)freeman Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 07:46 PM)Bucho Wrote: When the last time he tried to save Han before he was ready he failed anyway and lost a limb in the process?

Watch Empire Strikes Back some time, it's pretty good.

Yeah, it'd be a shame for Luke to lose another hand and get a sweet robot hand.  I'm sure Han will be fi--

Oh...

OHHHHHHHHH.

Live and learn kid.

Live and learn.
(11-22-2018, 07:54 PM)bradito Wrote: In the original Star Wars, you get the sense that Obi-Wan fought in the Clone Wars and has since retired to live the quiet life. In ESB, you meet Yoda, who's a pacifist that apparently walked away from the authoritarian Empire decades earlier.

Then you find out that they just gave up in the prequels.

Luke believes his father can be redeemed and risks his life to bring him back from the Dark Side in ROTJ.

Then you find out in TFA that he gave up after his nephew pulled a Vader.

No heroes. Seriously.

Sounds to me like Rian was keeping with the theme!
Sad Wars

Great warrior, feh. Wars make one sad.
Git' in under mah belly!
why do you think "NO HEROES" is an oft repeated phrase???
They have to do sulky heroes to get the teen angst crowd engaged.

They have no other choice.
what about free will???
How can they free my will to hate Corporate Wars?
Git' in under mah belly!
[Star] War! There are heroes on no sides. Butthurt is everywhere.
Not everywhere.

Not in Rian's house.

Rian sails blissfully above it all.

At least I hope he does.

Rian, if you're reading this, PM me bro. I have some ideas for your trilogy.
(11-22-2018, 08:40 PM)Bucho Wrote: Rian, if you're reading this, PM me bro. I have some ideas for your trilogy.

Save 'em for some movies that'll actually get made.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
Rainy Day Johnson presents: A Sad Trilogy of Star Wars Stories

Part 1 - The Day Creativity Died with Thunderous Applause

Part 2 - The Fanbase Strikes Back at Aloof Apathy

Part 3 - Whimper of this Farce Returns Diminished

The superwepon will be call Franchisekiller base.
Git' in under mah belly!
Ignore them Rian, they're just goofing around and don't realize you read this thread.

Seriously though, PM me.
Bucho gets Nolan Rian. I've got my

WHY THO?

on you.
Git' in under mah belly!
I just have one suggestion for Episode 9, I should play a Resistance fighter who works the other gun turret on The Millennium  Falcon. If you're gonna dream, dream big.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
You'd be dead for sure. Under Poe's leadership? You'll last thirty seconds.
In those 30 seconds I would have lived more than most people do in 80 years; kinda like Roy in Blade Runner.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Thirty seconds in the MF gun turret would consist of you climbing in and out of the ladder/turret and having the artificial gravity fuck around with you. Seeing how fast you could jump in without smashing your face on the floor.
(11-24-2018, 06:30 PM)Stale Elvis Wrote: Thirty seconds in the MF gun turret would consist of you climbing in and out of the ladder/turret and having the artificial gravity fuck around with you. Seeing how fast you could jump in without smashing your face on the floor.

[Image: source.gif]
Chaz gets it.
Thanks.
Jason Fry is going through the TLJ novelization and talking about his writing process:

https://twitter.com/jasoncfry/status/106...57280?s=21

Good read!
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
oooh!
#TheHandOfSkywalker
?????
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(11-26-2018, 05:52 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: ?????

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018/11/...akens.html

Supposedly there was footage shot for THE FORCE AWAKENS that never saw the light of day and might come into play in IX. Luke (played by a stand-in) versus Vader on Bespin. The plan was to revisit that scene and follow what became of Luke's lightsaber and hand.

[Image: lukes-hand-fred-palaciopng.png?rect=188%...ress&w=650]
[Image: daisy_ridley_clones_2_by_themagiciansbox-d9qo5f4.png]
and the photo of Ridley was just for the sake of it?
It's meant to evoke cloning.

[Image: 1rpt5c.jpg]
Of course it is.

Because the hand alone isn't stupid enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70aWl_5Zc04
That idea of following what happened to Luke's hand and lightsaber is fucking terrible so of course they'll probably do it.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear