Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AWOL Chewers
(12-06-2018, 11:35 PM)superlaser Wrote: fraid, Imagine a place on the internet where literally every terrible thing about the internet is encouraged, celebrated, and welcomed. That’s essentially 4chan.
Pretty much.
Well....that assures I'll never inquire into it further. I don't need such as that in my life..
(12-06-2018, 10:38 PM)superlaser Wrote: If he’s blocked enough, he’ll fade away as he’s clearly demonstrated absolutely no sense of decency or remorse for what he’s doing. Just shut his ass out and he’ll go away on his own.

Yarp.
(12-06-2018, 09:10 PM)chaz Wrote: The thread for the current season of Doctor Who misses Saxon.

Oh, I'm still around! I just don't post much anymore. It just makes me sad to see the state of this place (lack of mods, lack of contact between the community and the person in charge, regular issues with connecting to the forum, lack of support for those who visit on mobile devices). The lack of mods, in particular, gets to me because we wouldn't be in a situation like this with Avian, who deserves to be timed out indefinitely for his recent behavior. I'm not exactly a member of the Boone fanclub but nobody deserves to have accusations like that paraded around in someone's signature. There need to be checks and balances.

Oh, and I don't watch Doctor Who anymore sadly, so that thread ain't missing me at all. I'll come back when Chris Chibnall exits as showrunner.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
Saxon just hates the wemmin.
Sax, did you ever check out Farscape?

Sax?

Sax?
SAXON!!!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
SOUND THE KLAXON!!!
(12-07-2018, 08:23 AM)turingmachine75 Wrote: Sax, did you ever check out Farscape?

Sax?

Sax?

Eek, I forgot. To the Netflix, I go!

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
Saxon! I miss talking about obscure British tv with you, dude. Smile
home taping is killing music
(12-07-2018, 10:54 AM)MrSaxon Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 08:23 AM)turingmachine75 Wrote: Sax, did you ever check out Farscape?

Sax?

Sax?

Eek, I forgot. To the Netflix, I go!

My good deed is done . . .

*disappears*
I mean, he's right there on Discord. Like, a lot. I was a #NeverDiscord until about two weeks ago. I'm happy doing both now. Discord certainly hasn't curtailed my Trouble City time, and now I get to interact with folks like Saxon and D.T. regularly.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

And there’s moderation! How delightful.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
(12-07-2018, 11:41 AM)Neil Spurn Wrote: I mean, he's right there on Discord.  Like, a lot.  I was a #NeverDiscord until about two weeks ago.  I'm happy doing both now.  Discord certainly hasn't curtailed my Trouble City time, and now I get to interact with folks like Saxon and D.T. regularly.

chopped liver
Letterboxd Profile: https://letterboxd.com/wd40/

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

Normal people have such nuanced bad taste.
-Bradito
And WD40!

Well, why the hell didn't one of you Discordants remind him about Farscape then?
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Um... cause I've never seen it either?

*reappears*

It's good. I told Sax awhile back that I thought it was similar enough to Dr. Who that he'd really enjoy it.

*waits*

*looks around*

Well, shit . . . I think I need a place to stay now . . .
(12-07-2018, 06:00 AM)MrSaxon Wrote: Oh, and I don't watch Doctor Who anymore sadly, so that thread ain't missing me at all. I'll come back when Chris Chibnall exits as showrunner.

Given the high ratings that the show is enjoying right now. He's going to be around awhile.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(12-07-2018, 06:00 AM)MrSaxon Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 09:10 PM)chaz Wrote: The thread for the current season of Doctor Who misses Saxon.

Oh, I'm still around! I just don't post much anymore. It just makes me sad to see the state of this place (lack of mods, lack of contact between the community and the person in charge, regular issues with connecting to the forum, lack of support for those who visit on mobile devices). The lack of mods, in particular, gets to me because we wouldn't be in a situation like this with Avian, who deserves to be timed out indefinitely for his recent behavior. I'm not exactly a member of the Boone fanclub but nobody deserves to have accusations like that paraded around in someone's signature. There need to be checks and balances.

Oh, and I don't watch Doctor Who anymore sadly, so that thread ain't missing me at all. I'll come back when Chris Chibnall exits as showrunner.

Good to hear from you.

I like Whittaker as the Doctor. She has earned her inevitable youtube fan video set to The Proclaimers 500 Miles.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
I've decided to go AWOL from Discord and only post on the boards. I'm frankly bewildered by the reaction to my fracas with another poster there yesterday. The whole thing was so stupid and childish, and even when I leaned into how stupid and childish it was, it apparently never became clear to anyone that I was quite obviously only kidding. Was everyone intentionally being dense? I dunno. Has two years of reading Trump tweets made us dumber? Probably.

At any rate, the poster that I cheesed off is someone that I haven't been getting along with around here. He would post relentlessly in threads where he hadn't seen the movie, had no intention of seeing the movie, or wanted to talk about a completely unrelated movie. That kind of crap irritates me, and I know it shouldn't. But it's just like that one episode of The Simpsons where Bart is running around shouting, "Pay attention to me!" over and over.

I pointed out to him rather indelicately in a thread that he had become an irritant to me, and he asked if I fucked. Now, this was basically an open invitation for me to provide myriad answers. I went with the most immature response because I was arguing with some ape on the Internet about my sex life. He spiraled out from there and apparently left the messageboards. I can't imagine it's for good, knowing him.

When I was on Discord yesterday, I asked about him, since I was curious if what seemed like a minor insult had really driven him away. He immediately materialized and yelled at me. I apologized in my inimitable way while managing to simultaneously continue insulting him. The absurdity of the conversation was so heightened, I couldn't really believe it was actually happening. But it was.

Anyway, the mods were apparently upset with me and there was the suggestion of putting me in timeout or whatever. I had committed the cardinal sin of bringing a grievance from the wasteland of TC to the fairyland of Discord, where even the presence of TC's resident shitposter is needlessly tolerated.

It seemed goofy to me. The amount of horror that we subject each other to on the boards here with no moderation has perhaps made me unfit for civilization. Or, maybe I think it's asinine that someone can make fun of me, but when I push back, I'm the bad guy.

I will work on how I respond to your insults moving forward.
(12-18-2018, 06:27 PM)bradito Wrote: I've decided to go AWOL from Discord and only post on the boards. I'm frankly bewildered by the reaction to my fracas with another poster there yesterday. The whole thing was so stupid and childish, and even when I leaned into how stupid and childish it was, it apparently never became clear to anyone that I was quite obviously only kidding. Was everyone intentionally being dense? I dunno. Has two years of reading Trump tweets made us dumber? Probably.

At any rate, the poster that I cheesed off is someone that I haven't been getting along with around here. He would post relentlessly in threads where he hadn't seen the movie, had no intention of seeing the movie, or wanted to talk about a completely unrelated movie. That kind of crap irritates me, and I know it shouldn't. But it's just like that one episode of The Simpsons where Bart is running around shouting, "Pay attention to me!" over and over.

I pointed out to him rather indelicately in a thread that he had become an irritant to me, and he asked if I fucked. Now, this was basically an open invitation for me to provide myriad answers. I went with the most immature response because I was arguing with some ape on the Internet about my sex life. He spiraled out from there and apparently left the messageboards. I can't imagine it's for good, knowing him.

When I was on Discord yesterday, I asked about him, since I was curious if what seemed like a minor insult had really driven him away. He immediately materialized and yelled at me. I apologized in my inimitable way while managing to simultaneously continue insulting him. The absurdity of the conversation was so heightened, I couldn't really believe it was actually happening. But it was.

Anyway, the mods were apparently upset with me and there was the suggestion of putting me in timeout or whatever. I had committed the cardinal sin of bringing a grievance from the wasteland of TC to the fairyland of Discord, where even the presence of TC's resident shitposter is needlessly tolerated.

It seemed goofy to me. The amount of horror that we subject each other to on the boards here with no moderation has perhaps made me unfit for civilization. Or, maybe I think it's asinine that someone can make fun of me, but when I push back, I'm the bad guy.

[Image: photo0jpg.jpg]
(12-18-2018, 06:27 PM)bradito Wrote: I've decided to go AWOL from Discord and only post on the boards. I'm frankly bewildered by the reaction to my fracas with another poster there yesterday. The whole thing was so stupid and childish, and even when I leaned into how stupid and childish it was, it apparently never became clear to anyone that I was quite obviously only kidding. Was everyone intentionally being dense? I dunno. Has two years of reading Trump tweets made us dumber? Probably.

I didn't (and won't) follow the whole thing, nor does anyone on our fairyland Discord care about who started it. You just kept saying you were gonna fuck his wife and his mom, and some thought it got a little excessive. And for the record, as far as I know, you weren't even put on time out. 

As far as the shitposter goes, we tolerate anyone as long as they're tolerable. If/when someone shits the bed, they'll be gone too.

Repeatedly talking about fucking someone's wife isn't funny. Especially when you don't have the relationship/friendship with them to dare that kind of familiarity.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
What in the world..
So Brad, you know how you absolutely loathe said 'resident shitposter' and constantly wish he would be banned for needling you about the DCEU/Venom despite your constant requests for him to stop?

You literally did the exact same thing with this person except instead of joking about a movie, you joked about FUCKING HIS WIFE AND MOTHER despite being specifically asked to stop. You did it more than once. And it got moderated, exactly the same way that you beg for someone here to do with the 'shitposter', because there ARE moderators on the Discord and not here.

Just like 'shitposter' always claims he's 'just kidding', you're doing the same thing here. Honestly, you are better than this man. And it's not an 'apology' if you keep doing the EXACT SAME BEHAVIOR IN THE APOLOGY. An actual apology is dropping the 'cool guy' shit and saying 'Hey, I didn't think you'd take it that seriously. Sorry about that.' You can apologize that someone was bothered by what you said even if the intent wasn't there.

And for the record, I'm on your side re: said 'shitposter' repeatedly taking things too far with you on the boards. I've tried to talk to that person directly about it before as a matter of fact, but since you went for the stupid Trump cheap shot I'd point out that acting like someone doing something you don't like to you means that you then get to do the same thing to other people is Trump level logic if I've ever heard it.

-Bart
Surprised there is so much animosity on Discord.
(12-18-2018, 07:48 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Surprised there is so much animosity on Discord.

A surprise to be sure.
There was none at all that I knew of until yesterday. And I have no animosity towards anyone in this. Like I said, I’ve tried to directly address ‘the shitposter’ on Discord about how he interacts with Brad here so it's not like I'm ganging up on someone just for kicks or to side with my buddy or because of some stupid 'clique'. I like everybody involved and I just don’t like seeing people I like not getting along, especially for stupid and easily avoidable reasons.

-Bart
(12-18-2018, 07:48 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Surprised there is so much animosity on Discord.

There's not. That's the whole point, we're trying to keep it that way, so when feuds from TC boil over into Discord we try to nip it the bud.

Well, the important thing is, now I won't hear, "They miss you on Discord."
We already miss Bradito on discord.
Oh, shiiit!
We did and do miss you when you don't go overboard. Nothing about what happened changed that. But if you'd rather double down on responding sarcastically to literally everything because you're 'too cool to care' and then playing the victim when it rubs people the wrong way while also expecting everyone to change how they post to conform around your specific pet peeves, then more power to you.

Sincere congrats on getting them to match the salary on the second job offer. Whatever you may decide to think about how I or anyone else feels about you, know that I sincerely hope this turns things around for you.

-Bart
I've literally never been "too cool" for anything. Virtually all of my posts should paint me as a complete and unpretentious fuckup. I have awful taste in movies, I'm a disaster when it comes to women, and I can't hold down a decent job to save my life. I've failed at everything I've ever done and never looked good doing it.

That being said, people feel comfortable making fun of me, and I try to roll with the punches. But it shouldn't be completely out of bounds for me to dish it out as well. I guess it is, though. And I'll just chalk it up to more unfairness that I have to accept in order to navigate life as poorly as I do.