Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
If he really faked this shit, the damage he's done is incalcuable. He just gave "false flag" rationalization to every shithead out there.

Speaking of garbage motherfuckers, Schultz just admitted his independent campaign is basically attempting to hold the Democratic Party hostage to nominate a "centrist" (e.g. someone who won't raise Schultz's taxes): https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...eebbc00d9e
The fact that he faked this attack isn't as shocking as the fact that the show Empire hasn't been canceled.
Don't necessarily believe this reporting. There's already push back from Chicago PD on the accuracy and sourcing. Plus, FOX denied that he's being written off the show.
Jeff Sessions in Andrew McCabe's book:

https://twitter.com/gregpmiller/status/1...2565645322

Quote:FBI was better off "when you all only hired Irishmen," Sessions said in one diatribe, acc to McCabe. "They were drunks but at least they could be trusted."

And something other stuff:

Quote:The book has inevitable new gem on Trump-Putin. President refused to believe intel officials that North Korea had test fired ICBM. NK didn't have that capability, he insisted, saying he knew this "because Vladimir Putin had told him so."

McCabe goes much farther than Comey in acknowledging the FBI liked tipped 2016 election to Trump. "As matter of policy, FBI does everything possible not to influence elections," he writes. "In 2016, it seems we did."
How much am I allowed to hate Donald Trump? Is it even quantifiable?
(02-14-2019, 10:38 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: How much am I allowed to hate Donald Trump? Is it even quantifiable?

"To Infinity, and Beyond!"

"Jesus Christ! You've got some problems! First the balls, now my death!" - Daniel Craig

(02-14-2019, 10:38 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: How much am I allowed to hate Donald Trump? Is it even quantifiable?

I long surpassed the point of abandoning any basic empathy for him.  Every day since has myself heading deeper into wishing him constant existential pain.

I havent drank booze in nearly 15 years...but I will have a glass of single malt scotch when Trump dies/resigns/is prosecuted/jailed/.
The fact that I didnt celebrate when Pinochet, Castro, Thatcher, Chavez, Hussein, Gaddaffi and plenty of other bastards croaked should tell you how much I loathe Trump.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
That covers it pretty well.

Something like....Trump finding a genie and wishing for eternal life. And getting it. Unaware that Steve Bannon found the same genie and made a similar wish for immortality and an inexhaustible supply of hot links and gin.

And then I find the genie and wish for Trump to be human centipeded to Steve Bannon. Forever..
I'll head to the bar. Living in Drumpf's hated California, I suspect it'll be like New Year's, Octoberfest, and the night the Giants won the World Series all rolled into one.

Unless none of those other thing happens before he dies. Then I'll make a pilgrimage to his cemetery and wait in the long line to piss on his grave. I'll bring a tent and rations.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Whenever I see Trump, I remember Stephen King's quote about serial killer Charles Starkweather:

"And I do think that the very first time I saw a picture of him, I knew I was looking at the future. His eyes were a double zero. There was just nothing there. He was like an outrider of What America might become."
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
I make it a point not to drink simply for the sake of drinking on account of a family history on my mom's side.

I plan to buy a 1.75L of tequila and spend the day turning the entire thing into margaritas while playing the Ewok celebration music on repeat.
Those are truly wonderful thoughts and ideas.. When the putrid Drumpf is gone, I may actually smile again..
Fuck Hanson with a pick-axe (the Strayan equivalent)
Anybody else think he seriously loves McDonald's so much just because it has his name in it? Please go back to being unhealthier McDonald's. It's for the good of the nation..
I'll risk pancreatitis and drink booze if/when he leaves office.
I plan on utilizing Pennsylvania's relaxed regulations on aerial fireworks to it's fullest.
(02-14-2019, 11:10 PM)ryoken Wrote: Whenever I see Trump, I remember Stephen King's quote about serial killer Charles Starkweather:

"And I do think that the very first time I saw a picture of him, I knew I was looking at the future.  His eyes were a double zero.  There was just nothing there.... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites ya.  And those black eyes roll over white, and then... oh, then you hear that terrible high-pitch screamin', the ocean turns red, and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces."
I will simply breath a sigh of relief when Trump is no longer President.

I did celebrate the death of Bin Laden. When I was done at work, I went the Lava Lounge on Pittsburgh's South Side for karaoke and PBR. I sang Running with the Devil that night.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Oh, that's a better idea.

I've never done karaoke, but I have to imagine that the song choices on the day of Pumpkins getting squashed would be glorious.
The 25th Amendment is literally part of the Constitution, so I stared at this tweet longer than I wanted to:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...0097966080

Quote:“Trying to use the 25th Amendment to try and circumvent the Election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power grabbing...which happens in third world countries. You have to obey the law. This is an attack on our system & Constitution.” Alan Dershowitz. @TuckerCarlson
When Trump finally cacks it I really hope Elvis Costello writes a new version of Tramp The Dirt Down in celebration. He's probably already got one queued up for Theresa May.
Here's a stat from 538 to warm your heart:

Quote:Trump won independents by 4 points, 46 percent to 42 percent for Hillary Clinton, in 2016. Had they gone for Clinton by 4 points instead, she would have won the national popular vote by 4 or 5 points, and won Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida and possibly Arizona.

In the 2018 midterms, Republicans lost independents by 12 percentage points

This is why McConnell just tried to submarine Drumpf's emergency declaration by talking about it before the Dotard himself could. The turtle is hoping all of this negative reaction will cow Drumpf and save McConnell's one true love: the ability to block progress.
That 538 stat is nice, but also fuel for the intriguing theory that “independents” are actually just political morons.
I've thought that for years.
Yeah, that's a theory like evolution is a theory.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Tangent: Oh man, the discussions I've had with evangelicals about what the word "theory" means in scientific terms (especially as contrasted with "hypothesis"). There's a huge challenge in getting them to understand that "theory" to a scientist doesn't automatically equal "idea with no evidence or confirmation."
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear

Watching DJT live right now...muted the TV and turned on the closed captioning.

The text comes across the screen as a sort of retarded, long form haiku.

If one must watch this idiot, I suggest this way. Not actually hearing the fucktard is more palatable.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Nothing has ever been done before!

Everything prior to him is terrible and a disaster!

Nobody's talking about this!

He's such a fucking shitweasel.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(02-14-2019, 11:13 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: I plan to buy a 1.75L of tequila and spend the day turning the entire thing into margaritas while playing the Ewok celebration music on repeat.

‘Yuh Nub’ or ...the other one?
...don't do it
(02-15-2019, 09:52 AM)schwartz Wrote: That 538 stat is nice, but also fuel for the intriguing theory that “independents” are actually just political morons.

Guilty as charged.  Have been unaffiliated since registering way back when.  Voted pretty much straight dem.  Voted for Gore, canvased for Kerry, helped run phone banks in the 2006 midterms, canvassed for Obama in 2008, and then 2012.  So, basically gonna register as a dem this cycle, cause I don't wanna just play a part in the end game.
Pretty sure I'm going to register as a Dem now as well. I don't see anything in the GOP platform that I can support anymore, and I find the individuals...unpleasant.
I have a friend who's going to register Republican so he can sabotage their primaries. I tried to tell him it would take massive numbers of people to make that work -- people who should probably be voting in the Democratic primaries -- and meanwhile he's willingly associating with a bunch of monsters for very little tangible gain, but he seems convinced it's the right thing to do.

Meanwhile, apparently Obama was about to go to war with North Korea.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
That seems...stupid.
...don't do it
https://twitter.com/peteralexander/statu...Zym7OCepQg

Quote:Trump, responding to my question, concedes there’s no national emergency to justify building his wall: “I didn’t need to do this... I just want to do it faster.”

That answer will complicate his legal case.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's