Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8 THREAD - Don't Spoil Stuff
Just think of all the villagers he murdered and maybe it'll hurt less.
(04-21-2019, 10:54 PM)Paul755 Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 10:32 PM)jmacq1 Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 10:23 PM)ratty Wrote: Next week is gonna rip my fucking heart out, isn't it?

Probably

I might ugly-cry when/if they kill Tormund.

Tormund, Missande, Davos, Pod, Sam, Bronn...
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
I'd love a scene of Bronn casually riding up holding Cersei's crossbow whistling a tune, spying the army of the dead laying waste to Wintefell, and just turning right around.
(04-21-2019, 10:57 PM)boristhecheese Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 10:54 PM)Paul755 Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 10:32 PM)jmacq1 Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 10:23 PM)ratty Wrote: Next week is gonna rip my fucking heart out, isn't it?

Probably

I might ugly-cry when/if they kill Tormund.

Tormund, Missande, Davos, Pod, Sam, Bronn...

Yeah, Davos will be a rough one too...if it happens*

*its probably going to happen
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
I think my dead pool for next episodes is: Jorah, Pod, Edd, Beric, Grey Worm, Theon, and Ghost for sure.

I think I'd put my "definite survivors" on Arya, Sandor, Sansa, Sam, Tyrion, and Brienne.

Just about everyone else is a hard "maybe."
(04-21-2019, 10:59 PM)bailey Wrote: I'd love a scene of Bronn casually riding up holding Cersei's crossbow whistling a tune, spying the army of the dead laying waste to Wintefell, and just turning right around.

[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-21-2019, 11:00 PM)jmacq1 Wrote: I think my dead pool for next episodes is:  Jorah, Pod, Edd, Beric, Grey Worm, Theon, and Ghost for sure.

I'll agree with Jorah, Grey Worm, Theon, Beric, Pod, Edd, plus add Tormund, and Bran. Oh and Varys.
(04-21-2019, 11:08 PM)bailey Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 11:00 PM)jmacq1 Wrote: I think my dead pool for next episodes is:  Jorah, Pod, Edd, Beric, Grey Worm, Theon, and Ghost for sure.

I'll agree with Jorah, Grey Worm, Theon, Beric, Pod, Edd, plus add Tormund, and Bran.

Bran I would put as "maybe leaning towards yes" and Tormund I'd put as "Maybe leaning towards no."

The main reason for Tormund leaning towards living in my opinion is that without Tormund you have no representative of the Free Folk left around (that anyone knows/cares about).
(04-21-2019, 11:10 PM)jmacq1 Wrote: The main reason for Tormund leaning towards living in my opinion is that without Tormund you have no representative of the Free Folk left around (that anyone knows/cares about).

Yeah that was my reasoning for why I thought he would survive last season (and the BotB) but now all bets are off.  I'll put him as an alternate-- but I have one more big name going down, it's either him, Davos, or Brienne.
See, I'd pick Jaime dying over Brienne. Brienne's the only person that knows Jaime's whole story. So she's got to be the one that finishes his story in the Kingsguard Book.
True, that could be a thing they would do.

(If there even is a Kingsguard book at the end.)

So much happened this episode I completely forgot how uncomfortable it was that there was an Arya nude scene. I mean, what the hell? (Though I am happy for her that she got some.)
I'm just here to express my gratitude for CGI naked Maisie Williams because the creeping dread that was overtaking me as that scene progressed was going to end with me tearing my own eyes out.
Gonna be a major culling of the cast next week. Fuck.
(04-21-2019, 11:36 PM)nuBruceL Wrote: I'm just here to express my gratitude for CGI naked Maisie Williams because the creeping dread that was overtaking me as that scene progressed was going to end with me tearing my own eyes out.
I found the CG jarring too.

Had to rewatch it again, and several people are SOOO dead. I agree that Jamie or Brienne dies, but not both.

The whole fireside segment was so good. Seeing Brienne beam with pride made my heart melt just as much seeing it a second time.

I also laughed hard at the Sansa/Dany exchange about Dany's first love being taller.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Yeah, this was pretty much "Death Flags": the episode and I loved it.
Fucking loved Bran essentially making it clear to Jaime that his action essentially changed both their destinies, and that there was no point to even talking about it.
The knighting of Brienne was fantastic, and Thormund's clapping sealed the scene going from awesome to heartwarming.
Nice callback on Jorah refusing Longclaw from John, only to end up with Samwell giving him his family sword.
I pity the poor white walkers and wights that will face Lady Mormont in battle.
Fucking terrifying that Bran confirmed that the Night King basically wants to wipe mankind from the world, and that includes the very memory of it, essentially confirming that the Night King wont stop with Westeros.
Bran also admits that there is no certainty that killing the Night King will kill everyone under his command, because no one has ever tried to kill him.
And holy fuck, the actual plan being revealed as not even holding Winterfell, but to force the Night King to come for Bran and kill him was downright amazing in showing just how hopeless things are, with the whole survival of everyone being such a hail mary.
Also, never change, John, with your perfect choice of moments to reveal things.

So, next week is going to be a bloodbath...Im guessing Jorah, Davos, Jaime, Theon, Berric and Edd are biting it.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
I don't like predicting this.

Tormund, Jamie, Dondarrion, Grey Worm, Theon, Ghost,
(04-21-2019, 10:01 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: - I find mostly plausible Bran’s explanation of what the Night King’s ultimate goal is, and why he’s interested in Bran, specifically.

I thought that was the best explication of the Night King as a threat the series has provided.

Another great moment: "I think we could live through this--" (everyone laughs)
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
There's a heavy Helm's Deep vibe to the scenario, what with the civilians hiding below, etc. Makes sense.

Going back for a rewatch of Season 5 to see if there's any important foreshadowing bits I forgot, and to see if it's as bad as I remember. The verdict is...at least the cinematography is great?
(04-22-2019, 12:49 AM)Mangy Wrote: Another great moment: "I think we could live through this--" (everyone laughs)

Yes, along with the creeping fear that he's the only one out of that group who makes it to episode 4.
Jaime's not dying there.

Like you said, Tyrion's not dying there... although, I could see it if he came up with a way to kill the Night king, but died delivering/enacting it. He's got to at least get a win before his story ends.

One of Brienne n Tormund will live. One of Brienne n Pod will live.

The rest I could see buying it. They're the perfect intersection between inessential to the main story and liked by the audience to make for great murder material.
Gamertag: Tweakee
(04-22-2019, 03:30 AM)farsight Wrote: Like you said, Tyrion's not dying there... although, I could see it if he came up with a way to kill the Night king, but died delivering/enacting it. He's got to at least get a win before his story ends.

I believe this is what his talk with Bran, which we didn't see, will end up bringing about.  I think Bran is going to bite it, thus beginning this long night thing.  Jon and Dany will have to stop it. And Tyrion will help them figure out how.  (I also think maybe TNK succeeding in his task and then just taking off is the only reason every person in Winterfell doesn't get wiped out right then and there.)
If you godless heathens are going to insist on turning this ART into some crude sport with your tawdry prediction games at least remember they're fighting the Night King and don't half-arse it. 

You really think we're going to lose all these heroes with zero of them turned against those who are left?

• Davos = gone (body burned by Sam)
  • Jaime = gone (body burned by Brienne)
  • Tormund = gone (body burned by Jon)
  • Grey Worm = gone (body burned by his men)
  • Beric = gone (burns himself)
  • Edd = turned
  • Theon = turned
  • Jorah = gone (body burned by Drogon)
You fools betting against Davos are so misguided. He is absolutely not dying and I will bet money on that!

Also am I the only one who thinks putting everyone who can't fight the army of the dead in the CRYPTS is a bad idea?

Nobody in Westeros has ever played Diablo? Crypts is where undead LOVE to hang.
The single bum note in that almost perfect episode was Jorah's defense of Tyrion. "He makes mistakes like anyone else, but he learns from them." Like bollocks he does. In the course of his life that goof had been fucked over by his sister again and again and again and again and again and again and again before she sold him that final "I'll send the Lannister army North" dummy.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 173 times why does The Imp even still have a head on his shoulders?

Aside from that I loved every second. Easily a Top 10 ep, maybe even Top 5.
Yeah... I don't understand why Tyrion deserves the feel good affirmation from Dany. One more serious fuck up and he SHOULD justifiably be set aside.
174 strikes and you're out.
Tormunds pickup game was off the charts. That giant story followed by that chug? Dude's got moves for DAYZ.
(04-22-2019, 05:23 AM)freeman Wrote: Yeah...  I don't understand why Tyrion deserves the feel good affirmation from Dany.  One more serious fuck up and he SHOULD justifiably be set aside.

Man, the "this show is going to ensure everyone knows Tyrion isn't as smart as he thinks he is" train just keeps on rolling.

--So I'm getting the sense that this season will be structured as though it was a seven hour movie.  Two hours of preliminary stuff, five hours of action, two hours of endgame.  That's pretty bold.  I think it may actually play best on a marathon rewatch, when it feels like one gigantic movie. 

--Could they tug at the heartstrings more?  For fuck's sake, I just assume all of those characters are dead.  It's kind of starting to hit me ... I think I've been in denial.  Fuck, I don't want to see them all die.  This is starting to feel pretty real. 

--Nice bod on Maisie's body double.  I'm sure many found that scene hawt. 

--Daenerys and Aegon both went straight to the "claim to the throne" thing instead of the "holy shit you're my aunt thing."  That's going to come up at some point, right?

--For fuck's sake, Samwell, do you just want to ensure Ser Friendzone's death?  Cause that kind of scene is how you guarantee it, goddammit.

--So ... Daenerys kinda seeming pretty venomously frazzled ... no?  I'm not so sure I like this.  Especially the note that they left it on.  She's going to be like Fonzie and be cool, right?

--Where the fuck are the dragons?  Seems like plan A, B, and C would be "protect the fucking dragons," and there is no mention of them?!?!?! 

--Alas, poor Ghost, I knew him, Horatio.
I mean at a certain point you've just got to accept that Westero's social standards when it comes to incest are NOT 2019 Earth standards. They're "war of the roses era fantasy world where incest literally gives you magical powers" standards, aka it's simply not as gross to these people in this world as it is to us. It would frankly be very odd for a woman who grew up expecting to marry her abusive brother to have a melt down over Jon being her nephew.

Speaking of uncomfortable sexual stuff, the Arya sex scene was half "Oh God am I about to see Maise topless oh no..." followed by relief that they clearly avoided it followed by admiring the bod on the double. It was my very most confusing boner of all time.
I find it funny that Avengers: Endgame will be the event of the summer!

For three days.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Yeah so I guess that was all Maisie Confused

This was such a great episode. Played to the series strengths, which despite a few cool battles isn't action. I feel like nobody will remember it after next week's episode, but wow did the great actors and great characters pay off.
Dragon glass shards installed on the battlements was a nice touch.
Regarding the crypts thing, they certainly mentioned it enough in that single episode that I think it’ll matter.

Regarding the deadpool, it’s been so long since this show had any teeth that I hope they still remember how to do it.
I'm not Avery.
Oh shit! Gendry is 30. Imagine how he felt shooting that scene.
I feel like Bran is safe simply because if he dies, the Night King essentially wins, and I don't think they go THAT dark.

But anybody who talked of happy times once this is all over? Gonesville.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's