Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
Trumpocalypse Now

"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

How long is it gonna be before the only defense they have left is "Look at that fat ass! How can he KEEP from obstructing everything?" And they'll paint him as a victim of body shaming..
Breaking from WaPo:

White House to Try to Block McGahn from Testifying on Mueller Report
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Every once in a while I get my hopes up that they'll run out of fingers before the dam runs out of holes to plug.

But then I come back to reality..
(04-23-2019, 07:04 PM)leto ii Wrote: Breaking from WaPo:

"We're not obstructing anything. We're just making sure nobody finds out about the illegal stuff we did!"
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(04-23-2019, 07:13 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Every once in a while I get my hopes up that they'll run out of fingers before the dam runs out of holes to plug.

But then I come back to reality..

They'll never run out of fingers.

Ever.

(04-23-2019, 07:04 PM)leto ii Wrote: Breaking from WaPo:

I heard some legal eagle on MSNBC yesterday (I think) say that the WH is going to do everything they can to "run out the clock", meaning they will try to prevent all these people being called before Congress to actually show up. The thinking is that all this will be tied up in the courts for months and months and will stretch into next years presidential. Which will then focus the country's attention away from Congress to the campaign trail.

Hopefully voters will respond to this shitstorm of a presidency at the polls and vote for a real president.
The tax law has been a disaster for some Gold Star families:

https://taskandpurpose.com/trump-tax-cut-widows

Quote:For some, tax season brings a small boon in the form of a refund. For others it can be a source of stress.

But Theresa Jones sees it as an annual reminder of her husband, Navy Lt. Cmdr. Landon Jones, who was killed in a helicopter crash on Sept. 22, 2013. 

Since then, Jones and her two sons, ages 5 and 11, have received monthly compensation in the form of survivor benefits — one allotment through the Department of Defense is taxable, and another through the Department of Veterans Affairs, which is not taxed.

For the past several years she's had to pay roughly $1,150 in taxes on her sons' benefits. This year, it was $5,400.

"My kids are owing the government back money, that the government gave them, because their dad died, and my kids have to pay it back," Jones told Task & Purpose. "And every year this comes around and it's just this reminder of this tragedy, and it's literally like throwing salt in the wound."

Military widows and widowers who put their benefits in their child's name saw a significant spike in their taxes this year. To make matters worse, Jones, along with three other military widows who spoke with Task & Purpose, said they were not aware how much their taxes would increase and were unable to budget or otherwise prepare for the hike in cost.
Democrats should make that anecdote into a commercial and shove it down Donnie's throat in every corner of the country.
Lord PLEASE....somewhere in another time/space, let there be a guy yelling to Vam Damme "No! You don't understand....he's GOING to be President!" and right about now somewhere a 10 year younger Trump is walking into the same room as current Trump and they just "happen" to make physical contact. And turns into an orange blob thing.

Well....an orange-ier, blob-ier thing..
Ah I see the president is having another normal one:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1121059085229731841
The President's brain is full of bugs.
Previously on BrainDead. It is cherry blossom season after all...

I’m pretty sure the President is unwell...
...don't do it
Fuck his wellness..
I love that if he's impeached, he thinks he's going to "appeal" it to the Supreme Court.
(04-24-2019, 06:09 PM)Warren_Peace Wrote: I love that if he's impeached, he thinks he's going to "appeal" it to the Supreme Court.

The WH legal aide that has to explain to him exactly how impeachment works will probably end up being fired because Trump won't believe them.
MAGA supporter threatens cannibalism, gets arrested.
(04-25-2019, 10:47 AM)JMurdoch Wrote: MAGA supported threatens cannibalism, gets arrested.

Just the best, most normal folks. We love them, don't we?
But by God he wasn't going to eat the guy with Dijon mustard!
(04-25-2019, 10:47 AM)JMurdoch Wrote: MAGA supporter threatens cannibalism, gets arrested.

At this rate, you'd think the GOP would WANT incarcerated people to be able to vote.
(04-22-2019, 11:18 PM)bailey Wrote: You mean when Trump wanted the Nobel Peace Prize for a dog and pony show with a vicious dictator who played him like a fool?

So the plan was to keep putting pressure on North Korea with sanctions just like the previous what, 5 administrations tried, and expect peace?  

I guess this only happened because of Trump’s foolishness and nobody else’s.

[Image: 1556166259828.jpg]

(04-23-2019, 08:20 AM)Mangy Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 11:18 PM)bailey Wrote: You mean when Trump wanted the Nobel Peace Prize for a dog and pony show with a vicious dictator who played him like a fool?
Favorite current board thing: Somebody challenges one of catartik's points with a direct question, and he instantly vanishes. You'd think if your points were good, you could defend them, but Canada's leading American Conservative Circa 2009 thinks otherwise!

I post like once or twice a day on here, calm down. I don’t have to respond to everything. I read Bailey’s post That doesn’t mean that I have to respond to it. 

And I know what you’re implying here. Why don’t you just say it aloud?

(04-25-2019, 01:28 PM)catartik Wrote: So the plan was to keep putting pressure on North Korea with sanctions just like the previous what, 5 administrations tried, and expect peace?  

I guess this only happened because of Trump’s foolishness and nobody else’s.

Can you elaborate on why these two authoritarian goons meeting face to face is such a big win for Trump?
(04-25-2019, 01:28 PM)catartik Wrote:

So the plan was to keep putting pressure on North Korea with sanctions just like the previous what, 5 administrations tried, and expect peace?  

By sitting down with Kim, all Trump did was make things worse.  It was a publicity stunt for both parties.  But NK has NOTHING to lose by doing that.  It can only gain legitimacy by having the POTUS sit down with them.  Whereas we have a lot to lose, or at least our allies do, by stroking Kim's ego.  One of the main reasons NK has a nuclear program in the first place is because they want more influence internationally.  A better seat at the table, so to speak. Trump talks tough (at least when he isn't giving dictators verbal blowjobs), but his talk has no teeth.  No merit.  And he DOESN'T care.  He actually made it about himself.  About giving him the Nobel Prize, of all things.  He is fucking shameless, and any imbecile can see it.
(04-25-2019, 01:50 PM)bailey Wrote: By sitting down with Kim, all Trump did was make things worse.  It was a publicity stunt for both parties.  But NK has NOTHING to lose by doing that.  It can only gain legitimacy by having the POTUS sit down with them.  Whereas we have a lot to lose, or at least our allies do, by stroking Kim's ego.  One of the main reasons NK has a nuclear program in the first place is because they want more influence internationally.  A better seat at the table, so to speak. Trump talks tough (at least when he isn't giving dictators verbal blowjobs), but his talk has no teeth.  No merit.  And he DOESN'T care.  He actually made it about himself.  About giving him the Nobel Prize, of all things.  He is fucking shameless,

...and any imbecile can see it.

...we have ample evidence that this is not the case.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Also worth noting that Trump punished Iran for [checks notes] consistently complying with the Iran Nuclear Deal by inviting inspectors in for years and getting rid of 97% of its nuclear material.

All we have to show for the Trump/Kim summit are those embarrassing commemorative coins.

EDIT: I take that back. We also have a 2 million dollar invoice from NK, for Otto Wambier's medical bills, after they tortured him into a coma. Did President Deals pay it? You bet he did!
https://twitter.com/erinscafe/status/112...6470809600
Remember that Coast Guard guy who plotted to murder a bunch of people?

He's going to get released from detention.
The US reportedly agreed to pay a $2 million "bill" to North Korea for the care of Otto Warmbier.

If the bill was paid or not is unclear, but just imagine for a second the years and years of outrage conservatives would have if something like this was considered under a Democratic president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asi...729ce0a02d

Quote:North Korea issued a $2 million bill for the hospital care of comatose American Otto Warmbier, insisting that a U.S. official sign a pledge to pay it before being allowed to fly the University of Virginia student home from Pyongyang in 2017.

The presentation of the invoice — not previously disclosed by U.S. or North Korean officials — was extraordinarily brazen even for a regime known for its aggressive tactics.

But the main U.S. envoy sent to retrieve Warmbier signed an agreement to pay the medical bill on instructions passed down from President Trump, according to two people familiar with the situation. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

The bill went to the Treasury Department, where it remained — unpaid — throughout 2017, the people said. However, it is unclear whether the Trump administration later paid the bill, or whether it came up during preparations for Trump’s two summits with Kim Jong Un.

The White House declined to comment. “We do not comment on hostage negotiations, which is why they have been so successful during this administration,” White House press secretary ­Sarah Sanders wrote in an email.

Trump, as recently as Sept. 30, asserted that his administration paid “nothing” to get American “hostages” out of North Korea.

Warmbier, who was 21, fell into a coma for unknown reasons the night he was sentenced to 15 years in prison with hard labor in March 2016.

He was convicted on charges stemming from pulling down a propaganda sign in a Pyongyang hotel in the early hours of Jan. 1, 2016. Such an infraction would be minor in almost any other country, but in North Korea it was considered a “hostile act against the state.”

Fred Warmbier, Otto’s father, said he was never told about the hospital bill. He said it sounded like a “ransom” for his son.
Gov. Bevin of Kentucky put taxpayer money into an aluminum plant owned by one of his backers. Then, Sens. McConnell and Paul were 2 of 3 votes needed to overturn sanctions on Deripaska, whose Rusal then invested $200mil in the plant. 

Hmmm......

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/ne...508198002/

Quote:If all goes according to plan, by the middle of the year, we’ll be in business with Oleg Deripaska, a buddy of Vladimir Putin.

He could be sending $200 million — if you believe media reports — in what could very well be mobbed-up money to northeastern Kentucky to build a $1.7 billion aluminum plant on an old strip mine there.

The United States government, according to the New York Times, has long believed that Deripaska has deep ties to Russian organized crime — the Bratva — so much so it has limited his travel here and prohibited him from doing business in this country.
Guess who's doubling down on his Charlottesville comments:

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trump/tr...ent-video/

Quote:President Donald Trump doubled down on comments he made after the deadly riots in Charlottesville, Virginia from August 2017 in which he blamed both sides and ostensibly labeled protestors carrying tiki torches and chanting “Jews will not replace us!” as “very fine people.

The issue has come up again as it was a central theme of the announcement video released Thursday to announce Joe Biden’s candidacy for president.

Trump  was asked if he still felt that there were “very fine people on both sides of Charlottesville,” to which he replied:

“I’ve answered that question. If you look at what I said you will see that question was answered perfectly. And I was talking about people that went because they felt very strongly about the monument to Robert E. Lee, a great general. Whether you like it or not he was one of the great generals. I’ve spoken to many generals right here at the White House and many people thought of the generals they think he was maybe their favorite general. People were there protesting the taking down of the monument of Robert E. Lee. Everybody knows that.”
The next White House press release is just Trump's American Generals Power Rankings (1-10)
Rommel was a great general, we gonna get statues of him too?
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(04-25-2019, 03:58 PM)JMurdoch Wrote: Remember that Coast Guard guy who plotted to murder a bunch of people?

He's going to get released from detention.
Fucking. Insane.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Robert E. Lee must've been better looking than Tom Cruise. And stronger too.

I'm DISTANTLY related to Robert E. Lee. Don't hold that against me though.

Which means I'm also (probably MORE...maybe less) distantly related to Christopher Lee. So...at least I can feel good about that..
https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulaChertok/...4171878402