Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dead Celebrity Thread
RIP. I had no idea she was Rashida Jones' mother.
Fuck. What the hell IS it with Twin Peaks actors and cancer, anyway?
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Lucha legend Silver King (also known as Ramses in Nacho Libre) died in the ring yesterday in London. Possible stroke or heart attack. No medical assistance was hired to cover the show, so help arrived way too late to revive him.
-"You're not going insane - you're going sane in a crazy world!"
-The Tick
Longtime HBO unofficial boxing judge Harold Lederman has passed.

Actress And Singer Doris Day, Hollywood's Girl Next Door, Dies At 97

I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Tim Conway, 85.
Tim Conway, 85.

EDIT: Jinx!

I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Honestly, he was one of the funniest men alive.

Jimmy Fallon needs to be tied to a chair and forced to watch Conway breaking Harvey Korman on continuous loop to see how you're actually supposed to do it.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Love how Conway made sport out of making Korman break. Then again, he could make ANY performer break, as evidenced in that Elephant sketch.
The entire cast of The Carol Burnett Show was ridiculously talented, but Conway was top-tier even for that bunch.
Didn't he pop up in Speed 2??
Been meaning to track down The Private Eyes, an old favorite on HBO growing up. Gonna have to get on that.
Easily the best guest of The Simpson Family Smile-Time Variety Hour

[Image: thesimpsonsspinoffshowcase4_thumb.png]
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
(05-14-2019, 03:30 PM)turingmachine75 Wrote: Been meaning to track down The Private Eyes, an old favorite on HBO growing up. Gonna have to get on that.

That and his other Don Knotts team-up, The Prize Fighter, seemed to be on HBO all the time too.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Ric Flair, it sounds like.
I read he's hospitalized but unless I missed something, it appears he's still with us..
I understand that he's been declared brain dead.

https://lfrsolutions.com/wwe-legend-ric-...Un4t2S_3Kw
Ok. I missed that. Why when I google him does it seem like they're minimizing the situation? This is weird.

But past that...I'm sorry for him and his family, whatever is happening..
TMZ says full recovery.
https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/16/ric-flair...emergency/

WOOOOOOOHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know you're a bad ass when you roll into the Dead Celebrity Thread....but you walk out.

I am not, nor have I ever been a wrestling person at all but I've always known who Ric Flair was. This actually brightened my evening up a bit. Happy for them. He's younger than I thought. But man, wrestling has got to be the hardest on your body of literally any profession..
Flair was hospitalized last year too and wasn't expected to make it out of the hospital. The guy has nine lives, apparently.
-"You're not going insane - you're going sane in a crazy world!"
-The Tick
Death missed Ric Flair but took former WWE Diva Ashley Massaro at 39 years old.
Motherfucker for a second I thought that said Alyssa Milano..
I.M. Pei, the Prolific and Iconic Architect, Is Dead at 102

[Image: GettyImages-538814349.jpg]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Grumpy Cat (Tardar Sauce), Dead at age 7.
Herman Wouk, author of THE CAINE MUTINY and WINDS OF WAR, ten days shy of his 104th (!) birthday.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Imagine being like 80 when the internet first started really becoming a thing....and living another quarter century past THAT. That's just crazy..
(05-17-2019, 12:53 PM)Mangy Wrote: Herman Wouk, author of THE CAINE MUTINY and WINDS OF WAR, ten days shy of his 104th (!) birthday.

I remember watching THE WINDS OF WAR and WAR AND REMEMBRANCE back in the 80s.  I remember those being pretty damned great.  Wonder if those are streaming anywhere...hmmmm.
I can't even conceive of living to 104. For me that would mean I reached the year 2083 and I don't want any part of that.
Imagine living to see the original Star Wars trilogy be a CENTURY old.

Think we might get the theatrical versions THEN? After everyone who cares is dust??
(05-17-2019, 01:27 PM)JMurdoch Wrote: I can't even conceive of living to 104.  For me that would mean I reached the year 2083 and I don't want any part of that.

I will take as much of your life as you care to part with.

Niki Lauda, age 70. Formula 1 racer played by Daniel Bruhl in the movie RUSH.

I know what movie I’m watching tonight.
Driven?
TORQUE?
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear