Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TERMINATOR 3: DARK FATE (Tim Miller, 2019) with Linda Hamilton & Edward Furlong!
(05-24-2019, 01:12 AM)bradito Wrote: Since we're wildly off-topic, is that Blomkamp sequel to "RoboCop" still happening or was that just a dream I had?

On another note, would you say that the 2014 Blu-Ray transfer of Godzilla was the worst movie of 2018?

I haven't watched the 2014 Godzilla since I saw it in the theater. But yes.
That movie was great and you're all just relentlessly negative.
(05-24-2019, 01:41 AM)freeman Wrote: That movie was great and you're all just relentlessly negative.

Movie? Fine. Transfer..........no.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
For a movie with no interesting characters once Cranston's gone, it's... still mostly dull.
"Whispers" Watanabe and Hawkins were so under-served by the film, I barely remember them in there.
Hopefully KING OF THE MONSTERS makes it up to them.

Back to DARK FATE: Interesting that we're moving somewhat beyond Connors, finally.

The maniac side of me would like to see a comic book continuation of whatever they'd planned to do with the GENISYS sequels prior to being cancelled.
1954 Godzilla is best Godzilla.
Looks terrible IMO. Every single Terminator sequel is a bad idea. T2 succeeds in spite of this fact.
PSN: Kriegaffe
(05-24-2019, 06:11 AM)kriegaffe Wrote: Every single Terminator sequel is a bad idea. T2 succeeds in spite of this fact.

This.

The first film is a closed loop that makes logical sense.  T2, good as it is, breaks that closed loop.
Like HIGHLANDER, there should have been only one of these.
These ARE kind of like the Highlander sequels in that every one of them seems to be another attempt at a real Highlander II. Just with....ya know, hundreds of times larger budgets..

I still want the Highlander II theatrical on blu or even DVD one day.
(05-24-2019, 12:20 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: I still want the Highlander II theatrical on blu or even DVD one day.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10128470]
...but no Highlander movies past that! Just that one! It's so wacky! The whatever version that tries to fix it (as much as that's possible) isn't nearly as fun. It's like a band aid on a gun shot to the face..
RIP this thread
*holds up hands*

*slowly exits room*
I'm kinda on fraid's side with this. HIGHLANDER II is so jawdroppingly bad it deserves to have its shittiness experienced in pristine PQ and great audio.

But it's something that should only be watched when drunk, stoned, or in the company of like minded folk (or a combo thereof).
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear

Why did’t they just send the T-800 back to the 1880s as opposed to the 1980s?
...don't do it
(05-24-2019, 01:54 PM)graham Wrote: Why did’t they just send the T-800 back to the 1880s as opposed to the 1980s?

They had to return the infinity stones to the exact moment when Austin's mojo was stolen or the timeline that led to Marty's parents getting back together would never have happened.

(05-24-2019, 01:54 PM)graham Wrote: Why did’t they just send the T-800 back to the 1880s as opposed to the 1980s?

TERMINATOR 4: TIMERIDER, THE RETURN OF LYLE SWAN
See, you talk about this movie. And damn near anything positive you say just gets rebutted and shot down. So....barely anybody wants to be positive about this. Linda Hamilton's the star. Cameron's involved. It's got a good director. On what planet do people just not wanna even WATCH a new big budget Terminator movie? What harm does it do? If you hate it, go back to pretending that nothing REALLY came after T1 and T2. It's that simple. Personally, I'm hopeful for it. Even though the evil Terminator looks just....wrong in a way that I can't put my finger on. If it turns out to be a wet fart, no big loss.

But what about the big thing about this? The elephant in the room that few people seem to realize the possible significance of. LINDA HAMILTON IS THE STAR OF THIS MOVIE...NOT ARNOLD. That, honestly, piques my interest more than anything. It's the series acknowledging that Sarah is and always has been the hero and main character of these films. Not Arnold's Terminator. That's fucking cool. A big budget action film with an aging woman (so the film isn't even going the "use her sexiness as a selling point" ...though she looks great for her age) as the badass action star. That's a huge thing in my opinion. I hope the film serves her well..
(05-24-2019, 02:00 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: See, you talk about this movie. And damn near anything positive you say just gets rebutted and shot down. So....barely anybody wants to be positive about this. Linda Hamilton's the star. Cameron's involved. It's got a good director. On what planet do people just not wanna even WATCH a new big budget Terminator movie? What harm does it do? If you hate it, go back to pretending that nothing REALLY came after T1 and T2. It's that simple. Personally, I'm hopeful for it. Even though the evil Terminator looks just....wrong in a way that I can't put my finger on. If it turns out to be a wet fart, no big loss.

But what about the big thing about this? The elephant in the room that few people seem to realize the possible significance of. LINDA HAMILTON IS THE STAR OF THIS MOVIE...NOT ARNOLD. That, honestly, piques my interest more than anything. It's the series acknowledging that Sarah is and always has been the hero and main character of these films. Not Arnold's Terminator. That's fucking cool. A big budget action film with an aging woman (so the film isn't even going the "use her sexiness as a selling point route" ...though she looks great for her age) as the badass action star. That's a huge thing in my opinion. I hope the film serves her well..

Honestly, I'm with you.  I'm not shitting on the movie yet.  With Linda onboard, I'm actually psyched and I'm going to give the film the benefit of the doubt until reviews tell me otherwise.
I mean, they've rebooted the series so often, one of these goddamn movies has to eventually be great, even if it's by accident.

They did, but he ended up becoming a blacksmith and falling in love with some school teacher.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(05-24-2019, 02:00 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: .....Linda Hamilton's the star. Cameron's involved. It's got a good director.

IF Michael Bay was the director for this film, I'd jump on the "this is going to be shit" bandwagon but the fact that Hamilton and Cameron are involved gives me hope.

But, I actually enjoy watching Avatar, so...
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson

Because the key factor is Jon Connor becoming the leader of the resistance and succesfully beating Skynet and the machines.
Altering the timeline in other ways might put Skynet's existance at risk, so it plays it safe.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
VTran has emerged from the shadows and joined me in the sun.
I mean, I'm looking forward to this! No reservations!

But, compared to most of you, I appear to have significantly better recollections of T3 and Genisys.

I wanna know what's up with John. Why there's not an adult John listed in the credits. Either a.) he's dead...and somehow Sarah has figured out who the second most important unborn person in the future resistance is and is protecting them now. b.) Arnold really is John...look at the way the trailer shows him. He appears to be made up to look younger than he is. Possibly....younger than Sarah? Hmm? c,) whoever said that this takes place on August 30th, 1997 could be correct. Sarah has John safely tucked away. Now SHE'S making trips back to the past to protect other important people.

Or...it's probably none of these..

Overlord....I'm with you on Genisys. But I cannot defend T3. I'm sorry. The ending is capital G GREAT but the rest? Ehhhh..
The trailer is alright, I guess? Props for downplaying Arnold to a blink and you missed it shot (My money is still on him playing a human) and not using the main theme.

But that aside, this isn't anything we haven't seen before to the point where it looked like outtakes from earlier Terminator sequels. Yet another epic fight in a factory? Another T-1000 clone? Another human-terminator hybrid protagonist? But hey at least Linda Hamilton is back.

The real ending to Big...
I for one, cannot wait for the Arnold comentary track on the blu-ray of this
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
Oh...and I also love Avatar so, phooey on the haters. Bring on more Pandora!
(05-24-2019, 02:16 PM)ryoken Wrote: I for one, cannot wait for the Arnold comentary track on the blu-ray of this

It'll be a great commentary, and if you believe that you probably believe there are Richard Simmons juniors running around.
(05-24-2019, 02:13 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote:
Overlord....I'm with you on Genisys. But I cannot defend T3. I'm sorry. The ending is capital G GREAT but the rest? Ehhhh..

The "your levity is good ... etc." line made me laugh about as hard as any single line in any movie, ever.

(05-24-2019, 02:16 PM)ryoken Wrote: I for one, cannot wait for the Arnold comentary track on the blu-ray of this

Only if John Milius (for no reason) participates.

The real ending to Big...
Terminator 3 has this weird, cheap looking cinematography, and the way the camera moves sometimes, that make it look like a SyFy TV pilot in spots. It's an ugly, visually wonky and unappealing film. I also hated the way the first Spider-Man looked cinematography wise...too flat and brown-ish? And then I find out they had the same DP so, no mystery there.

Salvation and Cowboys and Aliens have literally the same script with just a few changes made. Like, almost to the point of being a Spy Who Loved Me/Moonraker situation. And since I like Cowboys and Aliens much more, I don't see any reason to watch Salvation ever again. I'll just watch the latter..
Honestly, I'd prefer a new Highlander film or series to more Terminator.

Highlander has a pretty open field to work with at this point. A reboot can be about almost anything... as long as it includes people cutting each other's heads off, and some flashbacks.

Cast Statham, Micheal Jai White, Tony Jaa and other action guys who will bite at the paycheck... AS THEMSELVES. The story's that there's been an armistice for ages, and these physically gifted guys n gals went into action movies naturally. Then break the armistice and have them all go at each other on movie sets, mansions, etc... while covering up the kills for when TMZ covers them.

Okay, I've made myself giggle. Back to hoping this Terminator isn't a train wreck!
Gamertag: Tweakee