Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STRANGER THINGS - Season 3 Thread (Netflix)
Last night I watched episodes 8 and 9 from season 2. I hope everybody at some point in their lives are as happy as Mike and 11 are when they see each at the end of episode 8.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
The plagiarism  lawsuit against the Duffers has been dropped.
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2...g-to-trial
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Trailer was showing too much. Had to turn it off.

Grrrrr.

A short scene has been released.  Very fluffy, doesn't spoil anything...

I think the reference there is REALLY on the nose (TOO on the nose, really), but I'll allow it because I love The Cars.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
And that's a nice twist on it too.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
I laughed.
As did I.

The Stay Cats needle drop was good too.

Individual  posters of the characters have been released.
http://collider.com/stranger-things-3-ch...r-posters/
Some of the characters look way more drawn than others. Curious.
Woooooo
This pop up in my Facebook news feed a couple of days ago.

After Godzilla: King of the Monsters, I'm excited to see Millie Bobby get to hopefully play a more well-adjusted version of Eleven.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Her and Max rocking out in her bedroom and going to the mall seems like that may be the case.  Until the shit hits the fan, that is.
(06-12-2019, 01:34 AM)Chaz Rock City Wrote: This pop up in my Facebook news feed a couple of days ago.

The spider demon intrigues me.
https://www.eater.com/2019/6/13/18677402...-door-dash

Baskin-Robbins also has a pretty delightful tie-in:

https://dinosaurdracula.com/blog/strange...n-robbins/
Pretty sure I got one of those upside down Whoppers when I last ate at a Burger King over eleven years ago.  They're fucking psychic.
On my walk/bike route after work yesterday I hit several stores looking for New Coke with no luck. 14 places, including liquor stores and 7-Elevens.
If New Coke is in Boston, I don't know where yet.

Hoping it's not just the mail order thing.

(06-13-2019, 12:57 PM)mike j Wrote: https://www.eater.com/2019/6/13/18677402...-door-dash

Baskin-Robbins also has a pretty delightful tie-in:

https://dinosaurdracula.com/blog/strange...n-robbins/

That Whopper thing is a riot.  It could easily pass for a April Fool internet joke.
And now I want one.

Hey, Dunkin'!  How about limited edition Coffee and Contemplation mugs for the price of five impulse bucks a-piece?

I also wish shopping malls still looked as exciting as the Hawkins Starcourt looks.
Gaten Matarazzo's cool new Netflix prank show is all about screwing with people trying to find work

Gross.
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
(06-14-2019, 08:48 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: Gaten Matarazzo's cool new Netflix prank show is all about screwing with people trying to find work

Gross.

Ohh boy. Although maybe there is at least a pretty good payout at the end of it. I mean there has to be right?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
That's a terrible shame - I hope our social media age is capable of understanding that a 15 year old kid in an *extremely* strange situation for a young person to be in isn't at fault here. The producers and money men behind the show - assuming it's as cruel as it sounds, which I can't believe - are the ones who deserve all the criticism.
(06-15-2019, 06:24 AM)rexbanner Wrote: That's a terrible shame - I hope our social media age is capable of understanding that a 15 year old kid in an *extremely* strange situation for a young person to be in isn't at fault here. The producers and money men behind the show - assuming it's as cruel as it sounds, which I can't believe - are the ones who deserve all the criticism.

This was my thought, too - because the premise sounds exactly what a 15 YO with no life experience would find funny. Not because they're a terrible person, but because they're 15.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(06-15-2019, 04:27 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 08:48 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: Gaten Matarazzo's cool new Netflix prank show is all about screwing with people trying to find work

Gross.

Ohh boy. Although maybe there is at least a pretty good payout at the end of it. I mean there has to be right?

if there isn't the thing is going to be shelved. The backlash already has been fairly big so I don't think Netflix would want even more bad press.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones

Yeah I heard there was a fuck ton of fucked up prank, reality or game shows pitched from 2002 to about 2010. Like when you look at what made it to air imagine all the stuff that didn't.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
When you really think about it though, wasn't Dustin always kind of your least favourite?

I mean, when you really think about it now?
I like all four of the main boys a whole lot, but if pressed to pick a least-favorite, I might end up choosing Mike (with a heavy heart!). Just in terms of independent characters divorced from the narrative (because on that narrative score, Mike and Will are clearly several notches above Dustin and Lucas).
I know off the top of your head you might end up choosing Mike, but I'm talking about when you really think about it though.
When I reallllllly think about it, my least favorite was Barb.

Yeah, Barb.

And I'M GLAD SHE'S DEAD, OKAY??
Took my kid to the Lego store today and saw this on display-- I got a kick out of it:

And only... 200 clams! 
*grabs chest like Fred Sanford*
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
I've the four kids, Dustin is my favorite because he has all the best lines. "She's our friend and she's crazy," is the message alert on my phone. The scene where he talks their science teacher into helping them make a sensory deprivation tank is one of my favorite scenes. That said, as someone who had a rough year and half of being underemployed and looking for a good full time job, that shit isn't funny. I'll give him some leeway because he is a kid, but the adults behind should know better. Kinda showing my age with the second half of that sentence.

If I had to pick a least favorite, I'd go with Will because he wasn't in season one much and was possessed a good portion of season 2. While Mike could be a dick in season 2, I could see where he was coming from.
Final trailer is up.
[video=dailymotion]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcnHOQ-cHa0[/video]
The Battle of Starcourt was effectively teased.

Back to the characters I hate the most on the show, IMNSHO, its Carol and Tommy because they are such obnoxious assholes.
Carol and Tommy? They are barely in the show. Billy is the worst. THE WORST! They can also jettison Jonathon and his brother Will. They add nothing to the show. Will isn't even a fully fleshed out character yet since he's only been himself for maybe 2 episodes.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
While Billy is horrible, at least there is a reason why he is horrible; his dad is an abusive asshole and Billy is perpetuating the cycle. I don't have sympathy for him, but I do understand why he is that why. That said, I won't feel bad if he dies.
Secret of the Ooze results in Super Shredd... I mean Billy.

Second viewing, bit of a Qqatsi vibe with the music.
Billy is a classic Stephen King bully villain really.