Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fox News - this is not satire
(08-07-2019, 03:06 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Tucker Carlson said white supremacy is a hoax:

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-...ium=Social

Quote:Fox News host Tucker Carlson called Americans' growing concerns about the rise of white supremacy and white nationalism "a hoax" and "conspiracy theory used to divide the country" in the wake of two mass shootings this weekend that left dozens dead.

During a segment on Tucker Carlson Live on Tuesday, the conservative host lashed out at the media for criticizing President Donald Trump's response to the El Paso and Dayton mass shootings

"It's not the job of this show to defend the president and everything he says," Carlson said after airing a clip demonstrating the media criticisms of Trump's speech on Monday. "Some things we are not going to defend. But in point of fact, he never endorsed white supremacy or came close to endorsing white supremacy. That's just a lie. But he condemned it anyway. Their response, 'he didn't really mean it.'"

Carlson goes on to allege that "the whole [white supremacy issue] is a lie."

"If you were to assemble a list, a hierarchy of concerns of problems this country faces, where would white supremacy be on the list? Right up there with Russia probably," he said. "It's actually not a real problem in America. The combined membership of every white supremacist organization in this country would be able to fit inside a college football stadium."

"This is a country where the average person is getting poorer, where the suicide rate is spiking—'white supremacy, that's the problem'—this is a hoax," Carlson added. "Just like the Russia hoax, it's a conspiracy theory used to divide the country and keep a hold on power."
Wooow.  The balls on this dude. To talk that type of shit when people know you got your hands dirty in some ugly shit. And now you want to talk about poverty. I know this is all bad-faith nonsense, but holy shit does Tucker need a punch in the face.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

Tucker Carlson to critics following his latest outrage:

''...Calm down, triggered snowflakes. YOU'RE the ones screaming, not me.''
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Oh suck a dick with that unity nonsense.
"Why did she do it?"

Anagram time: "RL Treason Cuck"

RL of course is a slang term kids use for real life
I kinda like the simplicity of 'Cucker Tarlson' ...and he was probably really called that at some point during his early years in school.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Looks like Cucker's taking a sudden ''vacation'' from his show for the foreseeable future, here:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fire...48941.html
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Well here comes another podcast.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
That video of the little girl crying over her father being arrested by ICE in Mississippi?  Yeah, not much sympathy over at Fox:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-con...he-father/

Quote:Tom Homan, a Fox News contributor and former acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), had limited sympathy on Thursday while reacting to the heartbreaking aftermath of ICE’s endeavors to deport illegal immigrants.

While President Donald Trump was visiting El Paso and Dayton on Wednesday, ICE conducted a large-scale workplace operation to round up 60 “removable aliens” working at food processing plants in Mississippi. The arrests have impacted several communities around the state, and tearful reactions have drawn attention across the media.

On America’s Newsroom Thursday, Sandra Smith asked Homan to react to a clip Fox aired of young girl crying and begging for her arrested father to be let go.

“How do you respond to the little girl we just heard from?” Smith asked. “It pulls at your heartstrings when you hear that.”

Homan’s response:

“You know, it does, and I have done this for over three decades. Immigration enforcement is always controversial and emotional, but you know what? The blame needs to be placed on the father. Her father came to this country illegally, he brought his child here illegally. Whether or not she was born here, he put his family in the position of being here illegally in violation of our laws. He should have took better action to protect his family.”

Homan continued by saying the girl’s father will be let out with an ankle bracelet if she doesn’t have any other caretaker. He also compared the situation to American families that are separated whenever someone is arrested by law enforcement.

“It’s unfortunate and sad,” Homan said. “But you can’t blame the men and women of ICE who are enforcing the laws enacted by Congress.”
(08-08-2019, 07:40 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: That video of the little girl crying over her father being arrested by ICE in Mississippi?  Yeah, not much sympathy over at Fox:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-con...he-father/

Quote:Tom Homan, a Fox News contributor and former acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), had limited sympathy on Thursday while reacting to the heartbreaking aftermath of ICE’s endeavors to deport illegal immigrants.

While President Donald Trump was visiting El Paso and Dayton on Wednesday, ICE conducted a large-scale workplace operation to round up 60 “removable aliens” working at food processing plants in Mississippi. The arrests have impacted several communities around the state, and tearful reactions have drawn attention across the media.

On America’s Newsroom Thursday, Sandra Smith asked Homan to react to a clip Fox aired of young girl crying and begging for her arrested father to be let go.

“How do you respond to the little girl we just heard from?” Smith asked. “It pulls at your heartstrings when you hear that.”

Homan’s response:

“You know, it does, and I have done this for over three decades. Immigration enforcement is always controversial and emotional, but you know what? The blame needs to be placed on the father. Her father came to this country illegally, he brought his child here illegally. Whether or not she was born here, he put his family in the position of being here illegally in violation of our laws. He should have took better action to protect his family.”

Homan continued by saying the girl’s father will be let out with an ankle bracelet if she doesn’t have any other caretaker. He also compared the situation to American families that are separated whenever someone is arrested by law enforcement.

“It’s unfortunate and sad,” Homan said. “But you can’t blame the men and women of ICE who are enforcing the laws enacted by Congress.”
Yes, yes you fucking can.
"Why did she do it?"

(08-08-2019, 12:30 PM)leto ii Wrote: Looks like Cucker's taking a sudden ''vacation'' from his show for the foreseeable future, here:

Long John Silver's is done with Fox after Tucker's "hoax" comments:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/long-john...4774e1c?8i
(08-09-2019, 01:12 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 12:30 PM)leto ii Wrote: Looks like Cucker's taking a sudden ''vacation'' from his show for the foreseeable future, here:

Long John Silver's is done with Fox after Tucker's "hoax" comments:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/long-john...4774e1c?8i

I can't explain why but that made me burst out laughing. The fact that it's a Long John Silver's maybe? Like I knew this was going to happen but I never expected to hear that name. Anyway thanks.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I aim to please.  Cool

It actually says he'll return on August 19th. That's a bit shorter than the foreseeable future.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
With the way things are going, August 19th may very well BE the foreseeable future.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(08-09-2019, 01:19 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: I can't explain why but that made me burst out laughing. The fact that it's a Long John Silver's maybe? Like I knew this was going to happen but I never expected to hear that name. Anyway thanks.

Me too! Something about Long John's saying "We are taking our 3-piece combo and going home" gave me the giggles.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Univision anchor Enrique Acevedo will no longer appear on Tucker Carlson's Fox show after the El Paso massacre:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/univision-an...d-bullets/

Quote:Univision anchor Enrique Acevedo has faced off with Tucker Carlson on his Fox News show before, but he said this morning he wouldn’t go back on after a week that’s shown Latinos are under attack because the rhetoric people like Carlson engage in is now leading to “violence and bullets.”

John Avlon, guest-hosting Reliable Sources this morning, first asked current CNN host and former Fox Newser S.E. Cupp if this kind of stuff Carlson’s saying on air is “consistent with the guy you knew.”

“The Tucker Carlson personality on the show, I think, is playing to an audience,” Cupp said. “And that audience is largely male, older, white, aggrieved, and sort of keying in on those grievances is something I think he’s been doing since he got a show there. But his old bread and butter certainly was not race politics. It was political correctness, free speech, he was far more libertarian than the public Tucker Carlson is today on the Fox show. I think that’s more a feature, though, of Fox and its audience than it is of him.”

Avlon brought up to Acevedo his past appearances on Carlson’s show and asked, “Is this time different? Describing white nationalism, white supremacy as a hoax, does it change your calculus about going on air?”

Acevedo said he wanted to expose the Fox audience “to a different point of view, one they will probably hear anywhere where they get their information, get their news.”

“And it has to be said, not only Tucker’s rhetoric, but also the president’s,” he continued, “this anti-Latino, anti-immigrant, what some elegantly call ‘demographic anxieties’ have now been replaced by violence and bullets. I think we have to, you know, have clear morality on this. And they’re in part responsible for what we saw in a place like El Paso. The man responsible for this was inspired by some of the words, some of the rhetoric coming from them. So I think, you know, this is different in the sense that it’s now transcended into violence, into bullets, into lots of life for our community that came under fire in El Paso.”
...’Tucker Carlson’...’personality’...
...don't do it

I mean, I didn't need these emails to know this, but I welcome the documentation for future generations anyways:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/y...ss-1231461

Quote:A trove of Treasury Department emails released to the non-profit organization Democracy Forward and provided exclusively to The Hollywood Reporter this week paint a picture of a close, friendly bond between the Trump administration agency and two news organizations, Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.

The 270 pages of email correspondence were obtained as part of a Freedom of Information Act request and detail conversations that took place in 2017 and 2018. While many of the emailed messages were standard fare for the television news business, dealing with the onerous logistics of coordinating newsmaker interviews, some revealed an unusual closeness between the agency and the networks.

On April. 25, 2017, Fox Business Network host David Asman appeared to advise then-Treasury Department spokesman Tony Sayegh (a former Fox News contributor) on how the administration should pursue a key policy goal: achieving a major tax cut. After sharing a quote from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Asman wrote in the email, "Take the BIG TAX CUTS NOW ... a long-term deal with small cuts is useless. NOTHING IS PERMANENT IN WASHINGTON. Big tax cuts now give the economy the push it needs."

After Sayegh thanked Asman for "these thoughts," the Fox Business host congratulated him on his recent Trump administration appointment. "How exciting!" he wrote. "This is a great chapter of your life, Tony. Congrats!" ("Thanks David!" Sayegh responded. "Miss all of you up there.")

Four days later, Asman wrote to Sayegh to tell him that a significant block of a Fox Business show would focus on the administration's tax policies. "You'll like it," Asman told him. "Awesome David," Sayegh wrote back. "You're the man."

Around the same time, Fox News Radio White House correspondent Jon Decker sent Sayegh a friendly email to propose a meeting and invite him to a party at the Carnegie Library as his guest. "I've seen you more often in one week — than I saw you all last year!" he wrote. "I was hoping to meet up with you as soon as you are available. I have a favor to ask of you." (Sayegh could not make the party. "What is it all about," he wrote back.)
Fox News anchor Martha MacCallum, who's part of its hard-news lineup, said CNN and MSNBC personalities were "giddy" about a possible recession, and she "proved" it by showing a video of people who clearly weren't giddy about it at all:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-hard-new...ddy-clips/

Quote:Fox News anchor Martha MacCallum leveled the serious accusation that personalities at CNN and MSNBC seemed “giddy” at the prospect of a recession, but supported the claim with clips that featured no actual giddiness.

On Thursday night’s edition of The Story With Martha MacCallum, MacCallum introduced a guest segment by talking about media coverage of Wednesday’s 800 point stock market plunge.

“Fears of recession seem to be running high, and some in the media seem to be almost giddy that an economic downturn would hinder President Trump’s chances in 2020,” MacCallum said, then promised “a sampling” of the giddiness.

But what followed was a series of clips from MSNBC and CNN panelists and reporters making observations like “fears that a recession could really jeopardize the president’s chances of winning a second term in office” and “there’s a recognition that if the economy really does slow here, if there is real signs that are recession is coming, that undermines what is his belief that the best arguments for his reelection,” and “At this point, if I working at these numbers, I’d say this president is a slight underdog for reelection, but if all of a sudden the economy run south, he’d be a major underdog for reelection.”

None of the people featured in the clips so much as cracked a smile while assessing the potential political effects of a recession. And those assessments were essentially the same ones being made on Fox News programs like Your World with Neil Cavuto this week.

MacCallum then introduced guest Victor Davis Hanson, far-right conservative pundit and author of a recent book titled The Case for Trump. “It’s just interesting,” MacCallum told the author. “You know, I was listening to a lot of different news networks this morning, as I often do, just kind of getting a read on what everybody is saying, about what’s going on.

“And I couldn’t help but feel that there was a bit of sort of enthusiasm for the possibility that maybe the economy might tank,” she continued, adding, “I think that that’s, you know just sort of a generally un, un, what’s the word? It’s unpatriotic, I think, and it’s also sort of inhumane to hope the people will suffer a bad economy so that you can get rid of a president that you don’t like.”
I absolutely hope the economy tanks. I hope we get a recession. We’ve dealt with recessions before. They’re far preferable to another term of this piece of shit.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
This guy on Fox News thinks homeless people in San Francisco are shooting up marijuana:

https://twitter.com/calebecarma/status/1...tosize%3D1

Pretty sure that's not how it works.
The one thing I can't deny Sean Hannity is that's he's gone a long way for just being a shoe:

Fox News is technically the boss, but Trump doesn't see it that way, so John Roberts had to report to the principal's office:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/report-tru...ard-smith/

Quote:Still clearly chafing about the deluge of criticism he’s received for falsely claiming this past weekend that Alabama was threatened by Hurricane Dorian, President Donald Trump called Fox News White House correspondent John Roberts into the Oval Office to plead his case once more and slam Fox News host Shepard Smith.

According to a CNN report based on an internal Fox News email, the president beckoned Roberts into his office Thursday afternoon to insist he was right and that it was unfair to claim Alabama was never in danger of being impacted by Dorian. 

“Fox News was told that Trump was shown a graphic prior to his FEMA briefing last week that appeared to show an older forecast track with Dorian going north through the Florida peninsula and just grazing Alabama,” Roberts and colleague Alex Pappas reported on FoxNews.com an hour before CNN’s piece based on the internal email. 

The president has seemingly become obsessed with trying to prove this point, having tweeted about it nine times in the past few days.

“Roberts’ analysis of the meeting was that the President was ‘just looking for acknowledgment that he was not wrong for saying that at some point, Alabama was at risk — even if the situation had changed by the time he issued the tweet’ on Sunday morning, in which he said the state ‘will most likely be hit.’ The President also provided Roberts with graphics to make his points,” CNN reported.

Roberts had to hear Trump whine about Shepard Smith being the voice of reason at Fox too:

Quote:As Roberts began to leave, however, Trump called him back to grind another axe with the press — this time to “hit back” at Fox News host Shepard Smith. Smith, a frequent critic of the president, has mocked Trump’s altered Sharpiegate map and, on Thursday, used the president’s transparent ploy to tee up a long, scathing takedown of Trump’s many false statements.
Any journalist with an ounce of pride, shame, or self-awareness would be mortified to be summoned to the Oval Office because they're not fellating the fuhrer lovingly enough.

The next story should be, "Professional Bootlicker John Roberts found non-responsive next to a six-foot high pile of Jameson bottles, last words were, 'How do I still remember?!?'"
Gamertag: Tweakee
No reason to have the Emmys this year.  Just give this segment all the awards:

https://news.yahoo.com/laura-ingraham-tr...25227.html

Quote:Fox News opinion host Laura Ingraham’s earnest efforts to troll liberals reached a new, if not bizarre, level Friday as she attempted to drink a steak stuffed with incandescent light bulbs through a plastic straw.

“Well, it’s a meal that will trigger all the right ... I meant all the left people,” she said to kick off the “Ingraham Angle” segment.

“Okay, you ready? Are you really prepared for this?” she asked her viewers as an alarm blared and the camera pulled back to reveal what she called “the ultimate trigger sculpture.”

“It has everything the Democrats hate,” she said, advertising the art project. “If I could have put an SUV on this, I would have.”

As the hunk of impaled beef sat before her, it occurred to Ingraham that straws don’t tend to work when used to consume solid objects.

“Can you sip a steak?” she wondered aloud.

Nonetheless, she tried.

“Mmm. Tastes good, she said. “It’s kind of the vapors of the steak.”

Giving a chuckle, Ingraham noted, “These are the light bulbs that Andrew Yang said are so dangerous to the planet because they burn out too often.”
Should we tell her that even incandescent bulbs contain a variety of toxic or carcinogenic compounds, or just let her assume that since they don't contain mercury specifically, it's all good?
(09-07-2019, 03:42 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: Should we tell her that even incandescent bulbs contain a variety of toxic or carcinogenic compounds, or just let her assume that since they don't contain mercury specifically, it's all good?

No one tell her.  It would ruin the surprise.
Such a bizarre mindset to care so deeply about what people you hate like or dislike. The Reich Wing loves old shitty light bulbs now? Oooooookay.
Gamertag: Tweakee
It's all they have left. The last vestiges of anything resembling a coherent conservative policy platform have been progessively put to the torch as the circus that is the Trump administration drags on; blind, dumb fealty to the idea of "owning the libs" is the only thing remaining.
I like steak. Is that a self-own??
That Ingraham shit is wild. Is the state run media this mindnumbingly stupid in other authoritarian regimes?

[Image: 5d73dc653b00002a74d0c177.jpeg?ops=1778_1000]
And somewhere on the Internet, a new deviantArt fetish group is formed.
(09-08-2019, 02:59 AM)commodorejohn Wrote: And somewhere on the Internet, The New Devin Art Fetish Group is formed.

FTFY.
...don't do it
It looks like she's smoking meth through a tweeker's hookah.